Bay Area Metal Fab trailer hitch install

Cornwelltoolman
Feb 16, 2022

Rank XXXXXXVVVVVIIII

Feb 16, 2022

Check out the install of the Bay Area Metal Fab receiver hitch! this is my first video I am planning to do more diy installation maintenance and repair videos

https://www.bayareametalfab.com/2021-FORD-Bronco-Front-Winch-Bumper_p_169.html
Mandogus, LR48
Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2022

Beers, Broncos, and Battlestar Galactica

Feb 16, 2022

Nice install, Nick. You might get a few to drop the tow package option from their Bronco orders, to alleviate the constraint issue. Well done. I'm looking forward to more DIY videos. Subscribe! ;)
2023 Ford Bronco Badlands Sasquatch • 2-Door • Velocity Blue • 2.7L V6 • 10-Speed • Lux • Various Mods...
"True happiness is to enjoy the present, without anxious dependence upon the future." - SENECA
LR48

Rank VI

Feb 16, 2022

Thanks for making the video I'm sure it'll help people looking to do the install.

One thing I'd say though, I had the Ford hitch (with nuts tack welded to the inside) and was forced to remove the bumper. Which sounds like a tall task, but it's literally 6 bolts (3 each side) and the bumper feels like it weighs all of about 10 pounds as it is. It probably makes the install that much easier by removing the bumper.
2021 Broncos - BaseSquatch 4dr. Rapid Red V6 Soft Top
Big Bed 4dr. AMB V6 Soft Top Tow (BIL's)
Nitto tires SUCK! You've been warned.
Cornwelltoolman, Deano Bronc

Rank XXXXXXVVVVVIIII

Feb 16, 2022

Thanks for making the video I'm sure it'll help people looking to do the install.

One thing I'd say though, I had the Ford hitch (with nuts tack welded to the inside) and was forced to remove the bumper. Which sounds like a tall task, but it's literally 6 bolts (3 each side) and the bumper feels like it weighs all of about 10 pounds as it is. It probably makes the install that much easier by removing the bumper.
Hey you bet! I didn't want to remove the bumper it would be much easier as is its a pretty quick install
EvlNvrDys

Rank XXXXXXVVVVVIIII

Feb 20, 2022

THANKS BRONCO NATION! so far 78%of my views have come from Bronco Nation

Wash Me

Mar 01, 2022

THANKS BRONCO NATION! so far 78%of my views have come from Bronco Nation
The videos I've watched on the Curt hitch doesn't require screwing with the bumper or the muffler brackets. I dropped the hitch on my build but still no date !
Res 7/24/20 - 4dr Badlands 2.7- MIC-- High - Hot Pepper- Mod-- 8/12 Blend Date -Del 9/12/22

Moab or bust!!!

Apr 21, 2022

Have you had a chance to use this receiver? I like how it tucks under the bumper at least 2-3" more than other hitches. Likely wouldn't create any ground clearance issues.
Because it is stuck under quite a bit more than others, I was wondering how easy it is to access with the squatch wheel in front of it? Is it tough to get under there to put the pin through receiver. I'm just going to be using it for a possible bike rack and a Shackle mounted hitch receiver.
2022 Bronco Badlands, 4D, Hot Pepper Red, 2.7, Squatch, Lux, and MIC.
7/13/2020 10:04pm reservation. Blend 6/16/2022 Delivered 6/26/2022.
Dealership - Stephen's Auto Center.

Rank XXXXXXVVVVVIIII

Apr 22, 2022

Have you had a chance to use this receiver? I like how it tucks under the bumper at least 2-3" more than other hitches. Likely wouldn't create any ground clearance issues.
Because it is stuck under quite a bit more than others, I was wondering how easy it is to access with the squatch wheel in front of it? Is it tough to get under there to put the pin through receiver. I'm just going to be using it for a possible bike rack and a Shackle mounted hitch receiver.
I have used it and you need a hitch extension when using but I do really like how tight it's tucked up underneath
Deano Bronc

Rank XXXXXXVVVVVIIII

Apr 23, 2022

Hey @Deano Bronc here are some pics for reference you could probably run it with out the extension if you use a 4"drop hitch instead of a 2" i like the extension Because i can see the ball in the backup camera 20220423_112825.jpg20220423_112908.jpg20220423_112913.jpg
Deano Bronc

Moab or bust!!!

Apr 23, 2022

Hey @Deano Bronc here are some pics for reference you could probably run it with out the extension if you use a 4"drop hitch instead of a 2" i like the extension Because i can see the ball in the backup camera View attachment 34424View attachment 34425View attachment 34426
Thanks for taking the time to take the pictures.
Just not sure. I'd be using it more for a bike rack than pulling a trailer.
I will start looking at bike rack pictures and look at the spacing from the bike and spare tire,
2022 Bronco Badlands, 4D, Hot Pepper Red, 2.7, Squatch, Lux, and MIC.
7/13/2020 10:04pm reservation. Blend 6/16/2022 Delivered 6/26/2022.
Dealership - Stephen's Auto Center.
Cornwelltoolman

Rank XXXXXXVVVVVIIII

Apr 24, 2022

Thanks for taking the time to take the pictures.
Just not sure. I'd be using it more for a bike rack than pulling a trailer.
I will start looking at bike rack pictures and look at the spacing from the bike and spare tire,
I think with an extension it would work fine
Deano Bronc