Questions for MY22 owners who have received their Bronco’s

TK1215
Jan 21, 2022

Life is a Highway

Jan 21, 2022

Just checking if your AC/Heater knobs have the digital readout on them? Or without?
Does your ride have a rear sway bar?
This is being reported on that other site. If there is a post about this please let me know and I will delete
Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2022

Rank XXXXXXVVVVVIIII

Jan 21, 2022

I saw a picture on here somewhere of the rear sway bar
BroncOitis

Rank XXXXXXVVVVVIIII

Jan 21, 2022

BroncOitis, TK1215

Rank XXXXXXVVVVVIIII

Jan 21, 2022

I'm curious what models this would be on makes no sense on a Badlands

Standing Grumpy Face

Jan 21, 2022

It has been confirmed on two different 2022s that the temp display has moved from the knobs to the display. These were High and Lux. No confirmation on the Mid package yet.

1642775748173.png
Deano Bronc, BroncOitis

Trusted and Carefree

Jan 21, 2022

I'm curious what models this would be on makes no sense on a Badlands
Its not really clear. I think this is more about the tow rating than anything else.
2023 Wildtrak. "Sometimes you got to get lost, to get found" -J Bronco

Standing Grumpy Face

Jan 21, 2022

I posted that thread and didn't seem like anyone was really interested. LOL
BroncOitis, GenXBronco

Life is a Highway

Jan 21, 2022

I posted that thread and didn't seem like anyone was really interested. LOL
The only thing people seem to be interested in is arguing about 2.7 engine failures :ROFLMAO:
Cornwelltoolman, Deano Bronc

🗻🏔️🏜️38°33'14.1"N 109°32'04.7"W🏜️🏔️🗻

Jan 21, 2022

Just checking if your AC/Heater knobs have the digital readout on them? Or without?
Does your ride have a rear sway bar?
This is being reported on that other site. If there is a post about this please let me know and I will delete
I thought from what I have seen and what I remember (which isn't much) that the sway bar only came with a Squatched vehicle, as far as the LED readout on the knobs this is a first. I kind of liked the display in the knobs, this will be just another disappointment for me.. :confused: not the end of the world for me, but getting closer. LOL
*632* Days to get A 2021 - 2022 -
2023 Big Bend - 2 Door 2.3L Velocity Blue, Squatched, Mid package, Running Boards, Roof Rack, and Engine Block heater.

Jan 21, 2022

The only thing people seem to be interested in is arguing about 2.7 engine failures :ROFLMAO:
All you have to do is say something about the sway bar caused my 2.7L to explode, you'll get all the info you need on the sway bar. Then everyone will be saying that they have a Sway bar on their 2022 mod.
2023 Big Bend - 2 Door 2.3L Velocity Blue, Squatched, Mid package, Running Boards, Roof Rack, and Engine Block heater.
Deano Bronc, TK1215

Burrito Connoisseur

Jan 21, 2022

It has been confirmed on two different 2022s that the temp display has moved from the knobs to the display. These were High and Lux. No confirmation on the Mid package yet.
After I read this post yesterday morning I drove by the dealership (not uncommon, I'm obsessive) to see if I could confirm on Mid package since that's what I ordered. They had a Black Diamond & two Big Bends freshly delivered—still wrapped.

The Black Diamond had the Mid package, and it did not have displays on the control knobs. So... yay? I guess we don't know yet if this change applies to the Standard package. It could be different since that is the only package that does not have dual climate control... but one would assume that it does if it applies to everything else. I should have checked the Big Bends as well—wouldn't be surprised if one of them had the Standard package, but admittedly I was being selfish and only checked to see how it would impact me.

Personally, I don't really care. Functionality is the same and I'm a member of the "simpler is usually better" team.

BUT, after seeing the community reaction in regards to the engine covers and the '22 Wildtrak changes on the side mirrors and door handles... I'm sure this is going to cause a lot of huffing and puffing. I do think Ford should have mentioned the change... or at the very least update the Build & Price images to reflect the change.

EDIT—

Quickly browsed through the B6G post (people be huffing and puffing for sure) and someone had posted a picture of the Mid package with the change:
16E4E5F0-E7D0-4A41-9C61-55DEC91F9AF5.png

EDIT2— Standard package... which... now that I looked at it... never had a digital display to begin with, even with MY2021.
1642789098008.png
2022 4dr Badlands, 2.3L Manual, Mid pkg
YouTube: youtube.com/@ragnarkon
BroncOitis

Rank VI

Jan 21, 2022

After I read this post yesterday morning I drove by the dealership (not uncommon, I'm obsessive) to see if I could confirm on Mid package since that's what I ordered. They had a Black Diamond & two Big Bends freshly delivered—still wrapped.

The Black Diamond had the Mid package, and it did not have displays on the control knobs. So... yay? I guess we don't know yet if this change applies to the Standard package. It could be different since that is the only package that does not have dual climate control... but one would assume that it does if it applies to everything else. I should have checked the Big Bends as well—wouldn't be surprised if one of them had the Standard package, but admittedly I was being selfish and only checked to see how it would impact me.

Personally, I don't really care. Functionality is the same and I'm a member of the "simpler is usually better" team.

BUT, after seeing the community reaction in regards to the engine covers and the '22 Wildtrak changes on the side mirrors and door handles... I'm sure this is going to cause a lot of huffing and puffing. I do think Ford should have mentioned the change... or at the very least update the Build & Price images to reflect the change.

EDIT—

Quickly browsed through the B6G post (people be huffing and puffing for sure) and someone had posted a picture of the Mid package with the change:
View attachment 26652
I bet almost none of the people when ordering knew the temp was displayed on the knobs.
Wildtrak, hot pepper red, mic, Lux, tow...Totally worth it!!
BroncOitis, Deano Bronc

Rank 0

Jan 21, 2022

Its not really clear. I think this is more about the tow rating than anything else.
2022 4-door Sasquatch all have rear sway bars
Mal, BroncOitis

Jan 21, 2022

EDIT—

View attachment 26652
This is why I would have an issue with it....talking Mid package on up......
Last year's model had the LED display inside the knob, you knew exactly what the temp is set at. Now if this is the case and it's a non-displayed temp, does that mean we have to turn the knobs every time we want to display the temp on 12" or 8" screen?
1642775748173 (1).png

Burrito Connoisseur

Jan 21, 2022

This is why I would have an issue with it....talking Mid package on up......
Last year's model had the LED display inside the knob, you knew exactly what the temp is set at. Now if this is the case and it's a non-displayed temp, does that mean we have to turn the knobs every time we want to display the temp on 12" or 8" screen?
The temperature is displayed in the top left and top right corners of the screen—by the clock on the left side and the little Wifi symbol on the right.
2022 4dr Badlands, 2.3L Manual, Mid pkg
YouTube: youtube.com/@ragnarkon
JoergH, Deano Bronc

Jan 21, 2022

The temperature is displayed in the top left and top right corners of the screen—by the clock on the left side and the little Wifi symbol on the right.
I did not see that.....
Thanks!

Jan 21, 2022

Pictures say 1,000 words....
I only saw 2 :D
Better next time look at the other 998

Rank III

Jan 25, 2022

Now that I have seen the change I actually like seeing the temp higher on the dash instead of on the knobs. Added bonus is the wife can't hide the knobs by putting something on the console and try to roast me while claiming she didn't adjust the heat!;)
Badlands 2Dr, A51, 2.7 Auto, High Package, Tow, Capable Bumper, Roof Rack
Order 12/11/21, Build Week 9/26, 10/3, 10/10, 10/17, 10/24, Sticker 10/17, Build Date 10/24, Built 10/25, Shipped 10/27, Arrived 11/16, Purchased 11/21.
Tuletime

That's a terrible idea, when do we start?

Jan 25, 2022

I have an Explorer with Sync 3, and that's where the temp is displayed on it as well, so no surprise there. I also don't have temp on the knobs and don't miss it.
4 Door BadSquatch | Soft-top | Velocity Blue | 2.7 Auto | Towing | Lux | Leather