Base squach or Black diamond mid package????

Mdeamon

Rank IV

Super Supporter II

Mar 1, 2021
Florida, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Diamond
Member #

I’m stuck between these two.
Depend manual or automaic

If it manual I probably chosse Back Diamond
Seat and foor washable pretty nice...
It come with 4.46 gaar ratio and rear diff. Lock
You can later upgrade to 35 tire and still be ok with the gear ratio..... but yiu are missing the better suspension and the front locker without the sas ....but i am not surr how often you wiill use the front locker .... the are very capable in 4L and locker on the rear,,,
Thee system allow you to choose more option like mid package etc... the base very limiited

If it auto i prefered the base sasquash
Thus is is my order
2 door, Sas, 2.7, auto
I like the sas because suspension, gear ratio, better Axle, and locker front and rear...
I will probably do my own rubber floor upgrade one day and seat upgrade..... these two upgrade are easier to do then adding the sas....

I think for the value the base is better.....

Both are good .... but 35 tire in the trail help avoiding tbe big rock....

RagnarKon

Rank II

Advocate III

Aug 28, 2021
New England
First Name
Bryan
Last Name
Woolsey
If this is going to be an everyday driver with some weekend fun, I’d do Black Diamond with mid package just for some of those extra technology features.

Actually if I’m being honest, I would probably drop down to Big Bend w/ mid package and just do an aftermarket lift & tires to save some money. But if you really like the look of the Black Diamond or the washout floors, steel bumper, etc. that’s fine.

If this is going to be like a weekend warrior that is really intended to go off-roading most of the time… definitely Base with Sasquatch. If you are not doing much off-roading and the Sasquatch package is mostly for looks… not worth the cost in my opinion. That is a HUGE price jump just to put on some bigger tires with a small lift.

Depend manual or automaic

If it manual I probably chosse Back Diamond
You can’t get the Black Diamond mid package in the manual transmission unfortunately. The ONLY trim level where you can get above the base trim with a manual transmission is Badlands.

Dylan1384

Rank II

Super Supporter II

Oct 6, 2021
United States
First Name
Dylan
Last Name
Jones
If this is going to be an everyday driver with some weekend fun, I’d do Black Diamond with mid package just for some of those extra technology features.

Actually if I’m being honest, I would probably drop down to Big Bend w/ mid package and just do an aftermarket lift & tires to save some money. But if you really like the look of the Black Diamond or the washout floors, steel bumper, etc. that’s fine.

If this is going to be like a weekend warrior that is really intended to go off-roading most of the time… definitely Base with Sasquatch. If you are not doing much off-roading and the Sasquatch package is mostly for looks… not worth the cost in my opinion. That is a HUGE price jump just to put on some bigger tires with a small lift.

You can’t get the Black Diamond mid package in the manual transmission unfortunately. The ONLY trim level where you can get above the base trim with a manual transmission is Badlands.
Just left my dealer and ordered the black diamond planing on dayiling it so that’s why I did t go with the base squatch

Mdeamon

Rank IV

Super Supporter II

Mar 1, 2021
Florida, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Diamond
Member #

I just try to add the mid package with black diamond manuel and it woks in the build and price...... i dont know why ypu say it not available

RagnarKon

Rank II

Advocate III

Aug 28, 2021
New England
First Name
Bryan
Last Name
Woolsey
I just try to add the mid package with black diamond manuel and it woks in the build and price...... i dont know why ypu say it not available
Check again.

If you pick the mid package on Black Diamond it will automatically switch the manual transmission to the automatic transmission.

srick76

Rank V

Don't delete

Jun 11, 2020
Butler, NJ, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
RIcker
Member #

I have a BD, got it in July, manual trans. Love it. It's a tough call. I do sometimes wish I got the SAS package mainly for the front locker. There are times I think the 35's would have been nice, but then I go out and look at it and the 32's really are a decent size. I most likely will go w 33's once the Generals wear out. I went wheeling a couple weeks ago and had no issues, I did bottom out something but I think it was the lower shock mount which you are going to have SAS or not. My main reason for going non SAS when I ordered was the lack on manual on the SAS at the time (besides the $$!)

srick76

Rank V

Don't delete

Jun 11, 2020
Butler, NJ, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
RIcker
Member #

It wasn't when I ordered mine. You have to go with Badlands to get mid and manual. It's because on Badlands, they delete the remote start from the mid package on BD they won't delete the remote start therefore no manual.

Abundigas

Rank 0

Advocate II

May 24, 2021
Southern New England
First Name
Todd
Last Name
MacKay
I went with Base Squach, because when I looked at what the price jump was between the Base and Big Bend , I was paying a lot of money for just a few features I did not really need or want. Coming from Jeep JK's the base had all the features most of my wranglers had, and then once you Squach and jump to the 2.7L well, that's All I Wanted.

Flip17

Rank 0

Advocate II

Oct 12, 2021
The South
First Name
Flip
Last Name
Interior is ultimately what made me go with the BD. The MGV, in my opinion, is the most functional of all the options. My local dealer had one to test drive and after sitting inside, it was also extremely comfortable. I did upgrade to the mid package with the added heated seats and dual zone climate. For me the BD has the best of both worlds - off road capability with nice comfort as well.

Reactions: Dylan1384

srick76

Rank V

Don't delete

Jun 11, 2020
Butler, NJ, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
RIcker
Member #

Interior is ultimately what made me go with the BD. The MGV, in my opinion, is the most functional of all the options. My local dealer had one to test drive and after sitting inside, it was also extremely comfortable. I did upgrade to the mid package with the added heated seats and dual zone climate. For me the BD has the best of both worlds - off road capability with nice comfort as well.
Agreed 100% the MGV and washout floor are amazing, couldn't be happier. Just wipe it down with a damp towel and done.

Reactions: Flip17

BrAUnc

Rank IV

Super Supporter II

Jul 4, 2021
Boaz, AL
First Name
Johnny
Last Name
Bolton
Member #

I test drove a squatched mannequin with cloth seats and no interior options. SO fun to drive!! It made up for the lack of interior options. Plus the cloth seats were very comfy. As the years go on, you can upgrade your interior to what you want. There will be plenty of used interior parts by then and tons of aftermarket parts for it.
I am still waiting on my Basesquatch, but I have driven one. It is equipped just fine. I will upgrade the stereo, but that is all. I had two cars with remote start, and never used it. I will use the stereo every day, but won't pay the huge price to upgrade to a level to get the B&O. I would have liked to have gotten heated seats for my fiance, but again, the package was too steep. I am buying her a plug in blanket. LOL

• Love
Reactions: Bronco_Girl