Base in Rapid Red - No Sasquatch

David
Feb 20, 2021

Rank VI

Feb 20, 2021

So we haven't seen much of the Base Bronco. Here's one in Rapid Red without the Sasquatch package. Interestingly, this 2-Door Base has a painted hard top installed and that hardtop is missing the rear side windows. While I like the steelies, the smaller tires are less to my liking. What do y'all think‽

Back to the Bronco Nation Photo Library

BASE-RR-PT-01.jpgBASE-RR-PT-02.jpgBASE-RR-PT-03.jpgBASE-RR-PT-04.jpgBASE-RR-PT-05.jpgBASE-RR-PT-06.jpgBASE-RR-PT-07.jpgBASE-RR-PT-08.jpgBASE-RR-PT-09.jpgBASE-RR-PT-10.jpg
Bronco Nation Member #144
David in the Bronco Nation Forums
BroncoTroubadour on Instagram
Gab63, SC Doberman
Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2021

Rank VI

Feb 20, 2021

BASE-RR-PT-11.jpgBASE-RR-PT-12.jpgBASE-RR-PT-13.jpgBASE-RR-PT-14.jpgBASE-RR-PT-15.jpgBASE-RR-PT-16.jpg
Gab63, SC Doberman

Standing Grumpy Face

Feb 20, 2021

Holy wheel well gap Batman!!! Yeah I'm seeing no reason you can't squeeze 33s in there.

9888E52E-D996-420E-83BD-10E777167B6B.jpeg
Gab63, SC Doberman

Rank VI

Feb 20, 2021

Holy wheel well gap Batman!!! Yeah I'm seeing no reason you can't squeeze 33s in there.

View attachment 9245
Yeah, I'm checking to see if this is what we should expect.
Gab63, Deano Bronc

Rank VI

Feb 20, 2021

Love the 2-door and the color. For some reason, those tires remind me of my 1975 Ford Pinto. Not a fond memory! ;)
Gab63, Speed Devil

Standing Grumpy Face

Feb 20, 2021

Yeah, I'm checking to see if this is what we should expect.

Boggles the mind why they would even put 30" tires on there. Who's going off road with those? And they are only all season. Why push the off road capabilities of a vehicle and then slap on some street tires that look like they belong on an economy car.
Gab63, RedCo

Life is a Highway

Feb 20, 2021

Love the 2-door and the color. For some reason, those tires remind me of my 1975 Ford Pinto. Not a fond memory! ;)
Yikes a pony by a different name!:eek::ROFLMAO:
Gab63, Slownstddy

Rank VI

Feb 20, 2021

Boggles the mind why they would even put 30" tires on there. Who's going off road with those? And they are only all season. Why push the off road capabilities of a vehicle and then slap on some street tires that look like they belong on an economy car.
Maybe for better average fuel economy across the range? I think I like the wheels but I agree that the tires are too small for my tastes.
Gab63, RedCo

Rank VI

Feb 20, 2021

For some reason, the image of a 230lbs, 6'2' lumberjack in a red flannel shirt wearing size 6 loafers comes to mind! Oh gosh, that image is going to stick!
Gab63, Butch66

Standing Grumpy Face

Feb 20, 2021

If I could get the intelligent access, remote start and 110v outlet from the mid package as stand alone options, I'd consider the base.
Gab63, rnfenker

Life is a Highway

Feb 20, 2021

For some reason, the image of a 230lbs, 6'2' lumberjack in a red flannel shirt wearing size 6 loafers comes to mind! Oh gosh, that image is going to stick!
Big feet, big hands. Little feet...
Maybe that lumberjack is Chinese and had his feet bound as a child?
Gab63, SlashRacer

Life is a Highway

Feb 20, 2021

I was shooting for as many “phobics” as i could there. Just trying to check off all the boxes

Rank 0

Feb 20, 2021

Mirror Caps? Can't be sure, but they look to still be MIC rather than shadow black?
Gab63

Rank IV

Feb 20, 2021

Mirror Caps? Can't be sure, but they look to still be MIC rather than shadow black?
Agree. Fird site still has bkack mirror caps and grill to match ? Pre prod so maybe that’s why ?
Gab63, Carolina Jim

Rank V

Feb 20, 2021

I like the base for the fact it’s a good starting platform for someone who wants to eventually do mods, but their budget does not support it now. Agreed those tires are going to limit where you can go, they should have a better off road tread on them. But agreed it’s more than likely for CAFE standards. Still lots of really fun places to go in a Base Bronco.
Gab63, sds

Rank V

Feb 20, 2021

Is it me or is the rear end sitting up too high? Something off there IMO.

Standing Grumpy Face

Feb 20, 2021

And I'm perfectly good with that. Mirrors take abuse just from daily driving. Painted black accents like grilles, mirrors and b pillar trim start looking rough really quick with scratches and swirl marks. I'm good with as much textured black parts as possible.
DePaJr, Steve777468

Don't Follow Me ,I'm about to do something Stupid

Feb 20, 2021

Would make a really cute USPS truck :)
2Dr Badlands - MIC - Area51 - 2.7 Auto - MGV - Headliner - High Pkg
Reserved 7/20/20 Delivered 5/6/23
"Ford said, hey we're gonna fulfill all reservations and pre-orders before we build stock units."
BigHoof, Rgwinn

Off-Roadeo Ranger

Feb 20, 2021

The base is set up for customization. It's a BYOT (bring your own tire) vehicle. I will paint the steelies matte black and put 32s or 33s on there.

Is it me or is the rear end sitting up too high? Something off there IMO.
It's a common stance for stock Ford vehicles, the full size Broncos from the 80s and 90s has it too. When there is a load in the cargo area it will sit closer to level. A lot of people don't like it, and install a leveling kit to even it out when unloaded.
Soupcook, Deano Bronc

Rank III

Feb 20, 2021

Straight up retro and cool.
therabbittree, Rgwinn