Base Bronco features that are not out right stated!

budwade
May 26, 2021

Rank 0

May 26, 2021

So I am looking at ordering the Base and the more I look into it the more I'm surprised at what it has. Trail turn assist as long as it's an automatic, trail one foot, and 5 GOAT modes. What else does the Base have that you wouldn't think it would have? I was going in thinking I was giving up a lot but it has much more going for it than you think. I'm still on the edge for that Black Diamond but Base is looking pretty good right now.
TK1215
Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2021

Rank VI

May 26, 2021

I think Ford did a good job of providing a lot of capability, especially since the Sasquatch package is available.

You might be surprised by the responses you get here, though. There are a few folks think the Base comes with many bells and whistles.
‘22, 4 door Badlands, 2.3l, MT, MIC top, lux, Sasquatch, tow. Velocity Blue.
Build Complete --> 5/5/2022. Delivered 5/25/2022.
Bronco Nation #1115
TK1215, Bronc96

Rank 0

May 26, 2021

I think Ford did a good job of providing a lot of capability, especially since the Sasquatch package is available.

You might be surprised by the responses you get here, though. There are a few folks think the Base comes with many bells and whistles.
Yeah I've read a few post of a few people talking about it slowing the process down by giving the Sasquatch package to all trim levels. I'm glad because it gives me the option to enjoy a capable off road vehicle that my whole family can enjoy and doesn't kill the bank account.
TK1215, Bronc96

Home, home on the range

May 26, 2021

When I first ordered the base having heated mirrors was a huge plus along with the steering wheel tilt and telescopic ability. A lot of the "base" models I've owned didn't have cruise or A/C. Heck I still remember when a radio was considered an upgrade.
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 2dr 2.3L manual Hot Pepper Red. Reserved 8/7/20. Ordered 1/23/21. Reordered 10/08/21. Scheduled week of January 24th 2022, delivered 2/24/2022
TK1215, Bronc96

Road trip!!!

May 26, 2021

When I first ordered the base having heated mirrors was a huge plus along with the steering wheel tilt and telescopic ability. A lot of the "base" models I've owned didn't have cruise or A/C. Heck I still remember when a radio was considered an upgrade.
I remember the vehicles with AM only radios and if you wanted FM, it was an upgrade. After that, the cassette player was an upgrade.
2021 Badlands, 4 door, 2.7L, Auto, LUX, SAS, Tow Package, MIC, Velocity Blue.
TK1215, Bronc96

Rank V

May 26, 2021

I remember the vehicles with AM only radios and if you wanted FM, it was an upgrade. After that, the cassette player was an upgrade.

My first new car didn't have AC in it. I couldn't afford that option. ( and no radio
Bronco Badlands, Bronco Black Diamond, Bronco Big Bend, & Bronco Sport Badlands
www.youtube.com/1five1garage
TK1215, Bronc96

Road trip!!!

May 26, 2021

My first new car didn't have AC in it. I couldn't afford that option. ( and no radio
My first new car was a 1985 Mustang with a 2.3, MT and no A/C.
TK1215, Bronc96

Member 2541 Jerry

May 26, 2021

So I am looking at ordering the Base and the more I look into it the more I'm surprised at what it has. Trail turn assist as long as it's an automatic, trail one foot, and 5 GOAT modes. What else does the Base have that you wouldn't think it would have? I was going in thinking I was giving up a lot but it has much more going for it than you think. I'm still on the edge for that Black Diamond but Base is looking pretty good right now.
I couldn’t pass up the Black Diamond interior, I still can’t believe they put marine grade vinyl in the truck and those wash out floors and everything removable. That’s the trifecta!
I would have carpet trashed within 2 years.
Others are obviously gonna have their opinion, but for my purposes my bronco isn’t a rock crawling ladder for me , I do that on my own. My BD is a tool to “support” my adventure .
2022 -2door Black Diamond
Mid Package
2.7. Velocity Blue.
TK1215, gizmohd

Rank V

May 26, 2021

My first car had ac.... 2/60 AC.. :cool:
Cyber Orange 4dr BadSquatch 2.7 Soft top (no tow)
TK1215, PSUTE

Road trip!!!

May 26, 2021

My first car had ac.... 2/60 AC.. :cool:
Back then the speed limit was 55. The A/C was referred to as 2/55 A/C.
TK1215, budwade

Rank V

May 26, 2021

Back then the speed limit was 55. The A/C was referred to as 2/55 A/C.
Ehh... Like SH says..... I can't drive 55.... ;)
TK1215, Sdakotabronco

Rank VI

May 26, 2021

I couldn’t pass up the Black Diamond interior, I still can’t believe they put marine grade vinyl in the truck and those wash out floors and everything removable. That’s the trifecta!
Others are obviously gonna have their opinion, but for my purposes my bronco isn’t a rock crawling ladder for me , I do that on my own. My BD is a tool to “support” my adventure .

This is where Ford's marketing drove it clean out if the park.
Used to be, vinyl was only in the XL or work truck versions and nobody wanted it.

Now you pay about $6k extra to get it! Lol!
Day 1 res first 3 hours, Feb 6th order; May 25th? scheduled for build, July 15th Build date, Dirt Mountain 2.5 months, delivered into my loving hands Oct. 8th
TK1215, R11

Rank V

May 26, 2021

This is where Ford's marketing drove it clean out if the park.
Used to be, vinyl was only in the XL or work truck versions and nobody wanted it.

Now you pay about $6k extra to get it! Lol!

I'm glad I'm not the only one that noticed that!
TK1215, PSUTE

Rank 0

May 27, 2021

Yeah I really do want the Black Diamond but I don't know if it's worth that extra money. I'm losing out on the wash out interior, the marine grade vinyl, the 2 extra goat modes, and finally I can't get the base in the cactus grey but that's like 8,000 more and about an extra 100 dollars monthly.
TK1215

Home, home on the range

May 27, 2021

When I changed to Black Diamond from the Base I looked at a few things. Would you be happy with plastic bumpers? The answer was no I'd probably end up buying an AM option that would cost say 2000.00 for front and rear. Getting the larger tires and wheels say another 2000.00 because I know I wouldn't be happy with the 30's. The MGV was really appealing to me because I have dogs that love to ride and that's what another 1200.00. Then there's the rear locker that I have no idea of the cost. Would it be 3000.00 installed? Then there's the bash plates, aux switches, additional goat modes, and not having nasty carpet to deal with. Made sense to me.
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 2dr 2.3L manual Hot Pepper Red. Reserved 8/7/20. Ordered 1/23/21. Reordered 10/08/21. Scheduled week of January 24th 2022, delivered 2/24/2022
TK1215, Deano Bronc