Badlands vs Sasquatch?

richtor
Jan 18, 2021

Rank V

Jan 18, 2021

Is there any difference in suspension from the badlands to the badlands Sasquatch?
I know the Sasquatch is higher, I have yet to hear anyone say if it’s from suspension changes or just riding on the taller 35in tires.

Right now I’m thinking about ordering without Sasquatch and adding methods and 35/12.5 mud terrains.
socal2fast, Pakrat
Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2021

Rank III

Jan 18, 2021

Following

Gladesmen

Jan 18, 2021

Great question. Looking at the overland A51 build it looks like a non squatched badlands the 35” fill up those fender wells without much room left. The squatched broncs have more room. So I would say there is at least a level kit on the Squatch broncs. I am going nosquatch badlands and I will add a lift and better wheels. I am really not a fan of the Sasquatch wheels.
Bronco Nation 1100. Everglades, Desert Sand
Res: 7/30/20 ordered 1/22/21 reorder 10/15/21 changed to Everglades 3/9/22 schedule 8/29/22 bumped to 9/5; 9/7/22 blend, 9/9 Mods, 9/26/22 completed, 10/7 shipped, 11/3/22 delivery
GToddC5, JFord

Rank VI

Jan 18, 2021

We have never really seen a direct answer on this. The Brand Mgr (Esteban) mentioned they are very similar but different part numbers and the Squatch has bump stops added. I agree with @Jakob1972, there is likely some type of spacer or longer coilover to gain the clearance.

Another option is the factory lift that has been talked about and appears it might be included in the newly released accessories list. Should not be an issue adding the 35s if that is the 2" lift. The other option is add them w/o which is what they did on the A51 Overland build but looks to be a tight fit.
Badlands, 2 door, 2.3L, Manual, High, Non-SAS, Tow Package, Roof Rails, MIC, Velocity Blue
Jakob1972, richtor

Rank V

Jan 18, 2021

I like the Sasquatch wheels but I like the method choices more. Same with tire choices, given 5 wheels and tires are about the same as the Sasquatch upgrade. Have to see when my order will be delivered as well. I ordered about 18hrs after the start and I could be pushed back to my22.

Going with 7sp 2 dr Antimatter Badlands regardless.
Pakrat, Jakob1972

Rank VI

Jan 18, 2021

I like the Sasquatch wheels but I like the method choices more. Same with tire choices, given 5 wheels and tires are about the same as the Sasquatch upgrade. Have to see when my order will be delivered as well. I ordered about 18hrs after the start and I could be pushed back to my22.

Going with 7sp 2 dr Antimatter Badlands regardless.
Excellent choice on the 7 spd! (y)
The Squatch is a good deal for sure, frt/rear lockers and the 5 35" tires with forged beadlock capable wheels would cost a pretty penny AM. I have an early res but was planning on waiting to MY22 regardless for the manual/Squatch combo.
Badlands, 2 door, 2.3L, Manual, High, Non-SAS, Tow Package, Roof Rails, MIC, Velocity Blue
richtor

Rank VI

Jan 18, 2021

Also, noticed you just joined Bronco Nation so welcome aboard! :)
richtor

Rank V

Jan 18, 2021

Excellent choice on the 7 spd! (y)
The Squatch is a good deal for sure, frt/rear lockers and the 5 35" tires with forged beadlock capable wheels would cost a pretty penny AM. I have an early res but was planning on waiting to MY22 regardless for the manual/Squatch combo.
The front rear lockers and the front disconnect are standard on the Badlands. Method Race Wheels could give me the same badass look as well.
Deano Bronc, Jakob1972

Rank II

Jan 18, 2021

Im no expert, but reading other threads you should also note the gearing
in the build sheet
sas comes with the 4.7
non sas comes with the 4.46

the B&P allows both, but the build sheet indicates 4.7 with sas

thought it worth mentioning if not aware
JFord, Deano Bronc

Rank V

Jan 18, 2021

The badlands 7sp is 4.7 gearing with a 95:1 crawl ratio.
5BE6F66D-4305-40BA-8B07-A0F1D854DE17.jpeg
Deano Bronc, Jakob1972

Rank II

Jan 18, 2021

Ah right, didnt notice you were going man (y)
richtor

Rank VI

Jan 18, 2021

The front rear lockers and the front disconnect are standard on the Badlands. Method Race Wheels could give me the same badass look as well.
Good point and if you are going manual then you only really give up the wheels/tires and high clearance suspension/flares. If you are going AM on the wheels then makes sense to go Non-Squatch for sure. Still a good deal for anyone who likes the Squatch wheels as you are getting 5 forged wheels and 35" tires for $2500 (once you back out the auto trans add on).
Jakob1972, Rhiostatic

Rank V

Jan 18, 2021

Good point and if you are going manual then you only really give up the wheels/tires and high clearance suspension/flares. If you are going AM on the wheels then makes sense to go Non-Squatch for sure. Still a good deal for anyone who likes the Squatch wheels as you are getting 5 forged wheels and 35" tires for $2500 (once you back out the auto trans add on).
No one seems to know the dimensions of the Sasquatch suspension/flares vs the standard badlands. For all we know it could just be the 35 tires giving the Sasquatch the extra height.
katiehutson, Bronc96

Rank V

Jan 18, 2021

Is there any difference in suspension from the badlands to the badlands Sasquatch?
I know the Sasquatch is higher, I have yet to hear anyone say if it’s from suspension changes or just riding on the taller 35in tires.

Right now I’m thinking about ordering without Sasquatch and adding methods and 35/12.5 mud terrains.
That is exactly what I want. Method trail series!
4DR BL-Cactus Gray - Sas - 2.7 - 10 Spd - Lux - Soft Top
Res 7/14 - Ord 1/20 - VIN 8/26 - Sticker 10/12 - Blend 10/18
richtor

Rank V

Jan 18, 2021

Also, coming from a few past overland rigs (Tundra and a 4Runner) the squatch upgrade is pretty well priced (if it is more than a simple spacer lift). Regearing alone will cost more than $2k. Keep in mind there is a reason they went with the 4.7 ratio when uping the tire size. I suspect those who don't get the 4.7 and up the size of tires in the aftermarket will be disappointed in the power and performance. And if you go with the 2.3 then you would be really hurting. Oh yeah, lockers cost $$$ also.

As for the lift, I sure hope they don't go the way of some cheesy spacer. Tons of info on the interweb to find out why but the short of it is if you were to cycle your suspension all the way to your bump stops, then your shock would bottom out prior to reaching your bumpstop (and then expensive things happen). Now Ford may have thought of this and engineered accordingly, but if you go aftermarket spacer than this is a real concern. Now if it is only for looks and no real offroading than you won't have a problem.

So the question remains what exactly are they doing to the ride height and how?
Mountainwiitch, katiehutson

Rank V

Jan 18, 2021

Here is a pretty good explanation for those interested in the spacer vs adjustable coilovers. Kinda hijacked the thread abit..sorry!

Spacers Info
ATC Enthusiast, Sven

Life is a Highway

Jan 18, 2021

Nice reference material

Northwest Bronco

Jan 19, 2021

Bit off topic here: Can you simply remove the grey beadlock ring from a sasquatched wheel to achieve a simple all black wheel? Is there a performance issue to worry about?
Northwest Bronco Channel

Rank V

Jan 19, 2021

Bit off topic here: Can you simply remove the grey beadlock ring from a sasquatched wheel to achieve a simple all black wheel? Is there a performance issue to worry about?
The new jeep 392 is coming with a beadlock capable wheel as well. My understanding is it will be delivered to customers installed as a normal tire without the ring installed. I’ve been told conflicting things about the jeeps ring. It is either sold separately as an option or it is included. Either way it will not come installed and the wheel you get in either case will pair with the ring. So you get the beadlock capable wheel just maybe not the ring. Not a lot of street legal beadlocks out there so who knows.
B MIller

Northwest Bronco

Jan 19, 2021

The new jeep 392 is coming with a beadlock capable wheel as well. My understanding is it will be delivered to customers installed as a normal tire without the ring installed. I’ve been told conflicting things about the jeeps ring. It is either sold separately as an option or it is included. Either way it will not come installed and the wheel you get in either case will pair with the ring. So you get the beadlock capable wheel just maybe not the ring. Not a lot of street legal beadlocks out there so who knows.
Thank you, so I can either choose to not use the ring, or maybe trade with a Wildtrak owner who has black ones? Thank you in advance!
Northwest Bronco Channel