Badlands Tires for Outerbanks?

vaughak1
Jan 15, 2021

Rank 0

Jan 15, 2021

I’m seriously considering a 4 door Bronco as my next vehicle. I really like the look and available features of the Badlands with the 33 inch tires, but I would have a hard time justifying the purchase of that trim level since I won’t be doing much, if any off roading. I’m now looking at the OB because it works best for me in terms of desired features, but I don’t like the painted fender flares or the wheels. Anyone know if Ford would allow me to swap the wheel/tires from the OB in favor of the wheels/tires (33”) from BL? Also, I would want the standard non painted fender flares as well. The tire sizes between the two don’t seem too far off, so I would think that no lift would be necessary?
Poindexter_d, rlack75
Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2021

Off-Roadeo Ranger

Jan 21, 2021

The fenders flares will be an easy swap with another owner or buy a different set aftermarket. I doubt you'll be able to order different flares or tire/wheels from the factory, but you might find another owner that's willing to swap. Best case scenario is your dealer helps you find a matching donor, and they can swap the parts for you at the dealership if you don't want to do it yourself. I think the BL has a slight lift compared to OB, so I'm not sure about the 33s fitting on an outer banks without at least a small lift, although some people have speculated that they will fit.
vaughak1, Deano Bronc

Gladesmen

Jan 21, 2021

I’m seriously considering a 4 door Bronco as my next vehicle. I really like the look and available features of the Badlands with the 33 inch tires, but I would have a hard time justifying the purchase of that trim level since I won’t be doing much, if any off roading. I’m now looking at the OB because it works best for me in terms of desired features, but I don’t like the painted fender flares or the wheels. Anyone know if Ford would allow me to swap the wheel/tires from the OB in favor of the wheels/tires (33”) from BL? Also, I would want the standard non painted fender flares as well. The tire sizes between the two don’t seem too far off, so I would think that no lift would be necessary?
I would just get an extra set of fenders. And keep the OBX wheels and wrap them with 33” tires that 18” wheel would look good with those. If they rub I think you can get a level kit for the Bronco and that would get you the clearance needed.
Bronco Nation 1100. Everglades, Desert Sand
Res: 7/30/20 ordered 1/22/21 reorder 10/15/21 changed to Everglades 3/9/22 schedule 8/29/22 bumped to 9/5; 9/7/22 blend, 9/9 Mods, 9/26/22 completed, 10/7 shipped, 11/3/22 delivery
Shoresy, vaughak1

Rank 0

Jan 21, 2021

I would just get an extra set of fenders. And keep the OBX wheels and wrap them with 33” tires that 18” wheel would look good with those. If they rub I think you can get a level kit for the Bronco and that would get you the clearance needed.
Thanks for the feedback! It looks like I’m going to be waiting a while regardless of which one I go with... I was told new orders are backed up until 2023 now!
Jakob1972

Rank V

Jul 10, 2022

I am interested in best SAND and Beach tires for South Shore beaches on Long Island for base Bronco.The Bridgestone may be to low sidewalls and HT may be too aggressive. Dont know if LT in 33" with taller 3-4 ply sidewalls. Any Help?