Badlands & Rock Rails

David_AK
Mar 12, 2021

Rank V

Mar 12, 2021

Anyone notice that Ford lets you add the Rock Rails when building a Badlands but it's already listed as standard equipment? Sorry if this was asked before but I couldn't find anything.
Rhiostatic, TorgSurv
Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2021

Off-Roadeo Ranger

Mar 12, 2021

Yes, it has been noticed by many. I think it's the same for Black Diamond. They are definitely included as standard equipment for those models. I recommend that you not select them when doing your build (so you don't accidentally get charged extra for them).
Steve777468, Deano Bronc

Rank V

Mar 12, 2021

Thanks. Yeah I'm a bit behind. I ordered mine without the rock rails, thanks for confirming I made the right decision.
Bronc96

Rank II

Mar 13, 2021

Yes, it has been noticed by many. I think it's the same for Black Diamond. They are definitely included as standard equipment for those models. I recommend that you not select them when doing your build (so you don't accidentally get charged extra for them).
I thought those were the rock rails with side steps. So different than the standard rock rails.

Off-Roadeo Ranger

Mar 13, 2021

I thought those were the rock rails with side steps. So different than the standard rock rails.
No, they're the load bearing rock rails with no step. Standard on Black Diamond, Badlands, and FE. Available on Base, Big Bend, and WildTrak. B&P also shows them as an available accessory on Outer Banks, but the description says they are "not available on vehicles equipped with running boards", which I think includes the Tube Steps.
Screenshot_20210313-112156_Gallery.jpg

The Tube Steps are standard on Outer Banks and optional on Big Bend and WildTrak. As far as I can tell they are not load bearing like the rock rails.
Screenshot_20210313-112207_Gallery.jpg
Bz724, Deano Bronc

Rank VI

Mar 13, 2021

Wish there was an option for rock rail steps like Ford has in the catalog for the Raptor. However, the AM should have something similar. :)
Badlands, 2 door, 2.3L, Manual, High, Non-SAS, Tow Package, Roof Rails, MIC, Velocity Blue
timhood

Rank V

Mar 13, 2021

I remember why I was going to get the OBX, so people in the family could actually get in the dang thing. I ended up ordering a BL with Squatch. I have some family members who are going to need to limber up.
David_AK, Deano Bronc

Rank I

Mar 19, 2021

I was going over the B&P one last time before I put in my order tomorrow morning and almost made the mistake of adding the rock rails... I knew something wasn't quite right.
Final Order:: Badlands | Cactus Gray | 4 Door | 2.7 | Sasquatch | Lux | Leather | MIC | Tow | Keyless Pad | Block Heater
Gutter Clown, Deano Bronc