Badlands Bronco - FORD SYNC WENT OUT

eise2270
Mar 24, 2022

Rank 0

Mar 24, 2022

I received my 2021 Badlands in December. A month ago, my Ford SYNC screen went completely out for two days, then came back on for almost one week. Screen went out again about 3 weeks ago at 1800 miles and dealership says that my APIM needs to be replaced. Problem is that Ford doesn't have any APIMs available for the Bronco and has no idea when they might have one available for me. No radio, no navigation, no back-up camera and zero help from Ford on this issue. Suggestions?
CarolinaCactusGreyBabe, Broncofly
Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2022

Rank V

Mar 25, 2022

All you can do is push your dealer to get it done. I would say it could be considered a safety issue as your model does not have the convex spotter mirrors like the base vehicles so you have no chance of seeing behind you. You could try to press that. They may move then to give you a loaner and take your vehicle out of service though, so it's really a question of if you want your bronco in it's failed mode or if you are willing to let it sit while you wait for parts.
2D Base Mansquatch: Ord 11-24-2021; VIN 3-16-2022; Schd 5/9/22; Sticker 5/4/22; Modules 5/10/22;Built 5/11/22;Shipt 5/12/22;Delv 5/24/22
CarolinaCactusGreyBabe, hkbooner

Road trip!!!

Mar 25, 2022

I received my 2021 Badlands in December. A month ago, my Ford SYNC screen went completely out for two days, then came back on for almost one week. Screen went out again about 3 weeks ago at 1800 miles and dealership says that my APIM needs to be replaced. Problem is that Ford doesn't have any APIMs available for the Bronco and has no idea when they might have one available for me. No radio, no navigation, no back-up camera and zero help from Ford on this issue. Suggestions?
@Ford Motor Company
2021 Badlands, 4 door, 2.7L, Auto, LUX, SAS, Tow Package, MIC, Velocity Blue.
TK1215

Rank V

Mar 25, 2022

What BL trim level and screen size do you have?

Also. Have you tried re-setting your sync system? The video below shows you how. Might help.

2021Bronco☆2.3☆BL☆7MT☆4D☆A51☆SoftT☆ARRIVED 9/9/21☆SOLD 1/21/23☆NT Supports▪Consults▪Supply's Car Dealers, Vehicle Distributors, and Retail Customers Since 1992
Broncofly, Big Mikel

Rank 0

Mar 25, 2022

What BL trim level and screen size do you have?

Also. Have you tried re-setting your sync system? The video below shows you how. Might help.

I have a 12" Screen and the Lux package. Tried resetting it multiple times with no success. The dealership tested it and the APIM is bad.
NT AUTOMOTIVE

Rank III

Apr 06, 2022

I have the same problem! I have a Big Bend, 8” screen. I tried resetting it but it remains blank. My dealership doesn’t have loaner cars so I’m stuck musicless for God knows how long. Really sucks but at least the AC works!
SlashRacer

Rank III

Apr 09, 2022

So I took mine to a different dealership and it’s the APIM that needs to be replaced as well. They simply ordered a new one and it’s supposed to be here in 3 days. I recommend trying a different dealership. There is no excuse why they wouldn’t make that part for a vehicle that was just made and that they are still making.
Broncofly

Rank VI

Jun 15, 2022

Hello fellow blacked out screen peeps......my Nav/Radio screen is blacked out. My screen blanked out after the last over the air update, or at least I think it happened very close to the last over the air update. Anyway, the screen is blank/blacked out, Ive tried to do the reset with no luck, thinking of disconnecting the battery for a good while and trying it again, not sure what to do after that other than the dealership. As for the module you guys are writing about, the APIM, is this something big, is there a lot of work that goes into replacing it, does the whole dash come out? How long does that take and whats involved? Thank you for your time! (y)
A big square Lightening Blue FE with puffy tires.....and a CB antenna for good measure! ;-)

Rank VI

Jun 15, 2022

Become familiar with Oklahoma's Lemon Laws, and structure your conversation with the dealership / Ford with the Lemon Law intent
Member # 5650 / 2022 Bronco Sport Badlands

Rank V

Jun 15, 2022

Hello fellow blacked out screen peeps......my Nav/Radio screen is blacked out. My screen blanked out after the last over the air update, or at least I think it happened very close to the last over the air update. Anyway, the screen is blank/blacked out, Ive tried to do the reset with no luck, thinking of disconnecting the battery for a good while and trying it again, not sure what to do after that other than the dealership. As for the module you guys are writing about, the APIM, is this something big, is there a lot of work that goes into replacing it, does the whole dash come out? How long does that take and whats involved? Thank you for your time! (y)

The dash isn't hard to take apart. Not sure about the book time it is for the Bronco but it can't take more than 30 minutes to get all the plastic stuff off and out of the way to get behind the dash. Maybe 45 minutes.
2D Base Mansquatch: Ord 11-24-2021; VIN 3-16-2022; Schd 5/9/22; Sticker 5/4/22; Modules 5/10/22;Built 5/11/22;Shipt 5/12/22;Delv 5/24/22
Broncofly

Rank III

Jun 18, 2022

Having the dealership replace the APIM only takes a few hours. About half a day. They have to reprogram lots of things once it’s replaced. Under warranty.
Broncofly

Rank VI

Jun 29, 2022

So I took mine to a different dealership and it’s the APIM that needs to be replaced as well. They simply ordered a new one and it’s supposed to be here in 3 days. I recommend trying a different dealership. There is no excuse why they wouldn’t make that part for a vehicle that was just made and that they are still making.
The dash isn't hard to take apart. Not sure about the book time it is for the Bronco but it can't take more than 30 minutes to get all the plastic stuff off and out of the way to get behind the dash. Maybe 45 minutes.
Having the dealership replace the APIM only takes a few hours. About half a day. They have to reprogram lots of things once it’s replaced. Under warranty.
Yup.....they are replacing the APIM. They mentioned its going to be ordered and will call when available........hmmmm, how long with no radio:cry: At least I got an oil change and 5 tire rotation while at the dealership so not all was lost and they got me out the door in a couple hours.:)(y)
A big square Lightening Blue FE with puffy tires.....and a CB antenna for good measure! ;-)

Rank VI

Jun 29, 2022

Yup.....they are replacing the APIM. They mentioned its going to be ordered and will call when available........hmmmm, how long with no radio:cry: At least I got an oil change and 5 tire rotation while at the dealership so not all was lost and they got me out the door in a couple hours.:)(y)

If it makes you feel any better, I drove my Mustang for a whole year + without a radio (too lazy to order one off Ebay). And that sucked! Listening to music through my phone speakers..... Yeah sorry, probably doesn't make you feel any better, but I did feel your pain. :rolleyes:
2021 Broncos - BaseSquatch 4dr. Rapid Red V6 Soft Top
Big Bed 4dr. AMB V6 Soft Top Tow (BIL's)
Nitto tires SUCK! You've been warned.
Broncofly

Rank VI

Jun 29, 2022

If it makes you feel any better, I drove my Mustang for a whole year + without a radio (too lazy to order one off Ebay). And that sucked! Listening to music through my phone speakers..... Yeah sorry, probably doesn't make you feel any better, but I did feel your pain. :rolleyes:
Daaaaaannnnnngggggg!!!:ROFLMAO: