Badlands Bash Plates

MIGeezer
Jan 03, 2022

Rank V

Jan 03, 2022

Are the plates on the BL metal or plastic? I have the full bash plates on my order. I see on other sites folks are changing/upgrading to other vendors.

Dave
TK1215
Last edited by a moderator: Jan 03, 2022

Burrito Connoisseur

Jan 03, 2022

Black Diamond and Badlands come with full-body steel bash plates standard. On Wildtrak it is an optional add-on. Not available on the other trims.

They're really good compared to most OEM bash plates, but you'll still get better underbody protection from most aftermarket bash plates.
2022 4dr Badlands, 2.3L Manual, Mid pkg
YouTube: youtube.com/@ragnarkon
the poacher, TK1215

Rank VI

Jan 03, 2022

Hope this YouTube link works. It’s my 4D badlands, 2.3, MT. Love seeing that drive shaft moving so slow, that’s 4L, crawler gear for ya!
2021 badlands, 2.3, MT, rapid red, soft top
Crawler Green, Deano Bronc

Burrito Connoisseur

Jan 03, 2022

Hope this YouTube link works. It’s my 4D badlands, 2.3, MT. Love seeing that drive shaft moving so slow, that’s 4L, crawler gear for ya!
Cool video!

Makes me realize that Ford should put some mini-bash plates... or... something... on those rear trailing arm mounts.
the poacher

That's a terrible idea, when do we start?

Jan 03, 2022

Cool video!

Makes me realize that Ford should put some mini-bash plates... or... something... on those rear trailing arm mounts.
Sounds like a great after-market opportunity! Does anyone know of an AM company working on this?
4 Door BadSquatch | Soft-top | Velocity Blue | 2.7 Auto | Towing | Lux | Leather

Burrito Connoisseur

Jan 03, 2022

Sounds like a great after-market opportunity! Does anyone know of an AM company working on this?
I don't know of any but I'd definitely buy one.

Looked at the video again and I think it probably makes more sense to make a bash plate for the lower shock mount since that's the lowest point on the axle. Stick one there and it should take care of the trailing arm mount too.
Deano Bronc, the poacher

Rank VI

Jan 03, 2022

I don't know of any but I'd definitely buy one.

Looked at the video again and I think it probably makes more sense to make a bash plate for the lower shock mount since that's the lowest point on the axle. Stick one there and it should take care of the trailing arm mount too.
I know the control arm mounts took a couple hits in Moab, but seemed mostly cosmetic. Suppose in a perfect world tire placement would help with the shock mounts. But the world ain’t perfect is it!?
2021 badlands, 2.3, MT, rapid red, soft top
the poacher, JoergH

Gladesmen

Jan 03, 2022

I had to watch that twice I thought it was in slow motion.
Bronco Nation 1100. Everglades, Desert Sand
Res: 7/30/20 ordered 1/22/21 reorder 10/15/21 changed to Everglades 3/9/22 schedule 8/29/22 bumped to 9/5; 9/7/22 blend, 9/9 Mods, 9/26/22 completed, 10/7 shipped, 11/3/22 delivery

Rank V

Jan 04, 2022

Thanks for the video & info.