Badlands badge color for custom graphics

Bschurr
Feb 07, 2021

No Ragerts

Feb 07, 2021

Does anyone know the Pantone color of the yellow used in the Badlands badge? (Not the exterior color Cyber Orange).

or better yet - Does anyone know what color 3M car wrap film matches the Badlands badge?

I want to make some custom vinyl stripes/designs/logos for my Carbonized Grey Badlands and want to match the badge color.
TIA!
- 2023 Raptor / Shadow Black / MGV (DOB 8/30/23)
- 2023 Heritage Limited Edition / Robin’s Egg Blue / 4dr / (stolen from my dealer 11/15/23)
BuzzyBud
Last edited by a moderator: Feb 07, 2021

Rank VI

Feb 07, 2021

Does anyone know the Pantone color of the yellow used in the Badlands badge? (Not the exterior color Cyber Orange).

or better yet - Does anyone know what color 3M car wrap film matches the Badlands badge?

I want to make some custom vinyl stripes/designs/logos for my Carbonized Grey Badlands and want to match the badge color.
TIA!

Not sure if this will help, but I have access to the 3M Wrap Film colors and found some for your review. From my perspective, the Gloss Sunflower (2080-G25) looks good. The orange samples look too red.

Yellow 3M.jpg

Orange 3M.jpg
tylordavis1, Buckin'

No Ragerts

Feb 07, 2021

Not sure if this will help, but I have access to the 3M Wrap Film colors and found some for your review. From my perspective, the Gloss Sunflower (2080-G25) looks good. The orange samples look too red.

View attachment 8755

View attachment 8756
Thanks @BuzzyBud I have the 3M 1080 swatches too - I was hopeful to know the actual PMS color so I could print some custom stuff too.

Ideally I would like a matte film to match the yellow.
- 2023 Heritage Limited Edition / Robin’s Egg Blue / 4dr / (stolen from my dealer 11/15/23)
BuzzyBud

Rank II

Feb 13, 2021

Are you printing up your own graphics and putting them on yourself? I was just wondering because I would like to do that, but I was wondering if it is better to have someone to put them on instead? If so, who do you look for to do that? A wrap is not the same as just a graphic pic or stripe, correct? I found this site, but they don't put the decals on, you do. https://www.vortexsigns.com/car-decals/ford/ford-bronco-exterior-accessories-decals-stickers
I think I would come up with my own design, but I'm just not sure how difficult it is to put on a decal correctly...
Bschurr

Rank VI

Feb 13, 2021

I don't know the actual Pantone for the graphic but I was told that it is called Active Orange and not Cyber Orange for the accents on Badlands.
Bschurr

No Ragerts

Feb 13, 2021

Are you printing up your own graphics and putting them on yourself? I was just wondering because I would like to do that, but I was wondering if it is better to have someone to put them on instead? If so, who do you look for to do that? A wrap is not the same as just a graphic pic or stripe, correct? I found this site, but they don't put the decals on, you do. https://www.vortexsigns.com/car-decals/ford/ford-bronco-exterior-accessories-decals-stickers
I think I would come up with my own design, but I'm just not sure how difficult it is to put on a decal correctly...
I have a colleague that is a graphic designer and he is an absolute wizard - he has successfully made many designs for me. Vinyl is not difficult to apply to a vehicle but there is certainly a learning curve associated with successful execution. Flat surfaces are significantly easier than curves however, I haven’t seen the Bronco live yet to determine exactly what I want to do or where I want to apply the graphics. Vortex Signs has a few nice inspirational designs to choose from. I am leaning toward a lower door stripe or perhaps hood stripes - there will be a lot of experimentation once I actually get my Bronco.

If you are uncomfortable applying vinyl yourself a sign shop, wrap shop, window tint or perhaps body shop would all likely be excellent places to inquire about handing this for you.
tracythemighty

Rank I

Feb 19, 2021

I need to adjust the speed settings on the printer, and I know this probably isn't the right color orange, but hey...it's a Badlands badge none the less. I printed it yesterday, and as I walked out of the plant, there was an iconic silver BL sport for me to compare it with.
1613729208673.png
gerby151, AuggieM3

No Ragerts

Feb 19, 2021

I need to adjust the speed settings on the printer, and I know this probably isn't the right color orange, but hey...it's a Badlands badge none the less. I printed it yesterday, and as I walked out of the plant, there was an iconic silver BL sport for me to compare it with.
View attachment 9179
Well played @KyTruckPlant
KyTruckPlant

Life is a Highway

Feb 19, 2021

View attachment 9179
Just curious if you have looked at the reverse image of the original?
Bschurr

Rank V

Feb 19, 2021

I don't know the actual Pantone for the graphic but I was told that it is called Active Orange and not Cyber Orange for the accents on Badlands.
Yeah the interior accents are Active Orange, which I can't find anything on. Doesn't look like Ford has used it as an exterior color or anything. The badge looks different, though. Yellower.
Bschurr, Hobgoblin

Rank VI

Feb 20, 2021

I’m gonna have to grab the CMYK swatches and try to find the closet color. Wanting to do some graphics for the hood and rear quarters in black with the Orange pin striping/border. I got a girl locally at a vinyl shop who is going to put my ideas together! Can’t wait to see what everyone else does!

Also, that badge is awesome! Can’t wait to see the final product!
Bschurr, BuzzyBud

Rank I

Feb 22, 2021

Just curious if you have looked at the reverse image of the original?
I have. From what I understand, the skull was the original design, then it was changed to what it is now. Of course, I could be wrong, just ask my wife...lol
Bschurr, Deano Bronc

Rank II

Mar 01, 2021

TIA!
My “want” is for my carbonized gray BL to have a grill matching the badge color.
Bschurr

Rank V

Mar 01, 2021

I have. From what I understand, the skull was the original design, then it was changed to what it is now. Of course, I could be wrong, just ask my wife...lol

I hope they live to regret getting rid of the skull. The first thing I'm going to do is replace the side badges with the skull ones.
rlack75

Rank VI

Mar 03, 2021

I hope they live to regret getting rid of the skull. The first thing I'm going to do is replace the side badges with the skull ones.

PETA probably had the Skull "Canceled" due to it's offensive exploitation.
2021 BadSquatch, 4DR, 2.7/AT, High Package, Oxford White
TK1215

Rank V

Mar 04, 2021

The skull is still there...
jd-ford-hd

Rank V

Mar 04, 2021

The skull is still there...
If you squint.
jd-ford-hd

Rank V

Mar 04, 2021

If you squint.
It's reflective

Cool as hell. Way better than just the plain skull IMO
moomzer, jd-ford-hd

Road trip!!!

Mar 23, 2021

4E29780C-70F4-4570-8261-96D8A88E0C85.png
2021 Badlands, 4 door, 2.7L, Auto, LUX, SAS, Tow Package, MIC, Velocity Blue.
jd-ford-hd, Gutter Clown

Life is a Highway

Mar 23, 2021

didnt the original poster make his own custom design? I wasn’t aware that Ford had done anything like his. Maybe I missed it way back when