Badlands 4DR and Thule HD Crossbar Compatibility

ried
Jun 25, 2022

Rank V

Jun 25, 2022

I remember reading there was some sort of incompatibility between the Badlands 4-door and factory roof racks. Is that accurate? Is the Thule HD Crossbar compatible? I'd like to mount the Thule Force XT Cargo Box and Stand-up Paddleboard Carrier up there, but don't want to oder them if they're not compatible.

Anyone know?
Last edited by a moderator: Jun 25, 2022

Life is a Highway

Jun 25, 2022

I remember reading there was some sort of incompatibility between the Badlands 4-door and factory roof racks. Is that accurate? Is the Thule HD Crossbar compatible? I'd like to mount the Thule Force XT Cargo Box and Stand-up Paddleboard Carrier up there, but don't want to oder them if they're not compatible.

Anyone know?
The issue, if I remember correctly, had to do with the GVWR of the BL with Sasquatch package. Has all the extra weight of the skid plates, rims and tires bigger engine and the automatic transmission And tow package. All the extra weight puts it over the rating. Also depending on what you want to put on the rack is a huge factor. Dynamic weight on the rack is maybe 150 lbs. because of how it mounts to the roof that also plays into it
ried

Rank V

Jun 25, 2022

Ah, that makes sense. Thank you.