Rank V

Promoter II

Dec 7, 2020
Alabama, USA
First Name
Kenneth
Last Name
MacAllister
I dunno, if my Bronc showed up tomorrow with a crap roof (with or without "bad roof" wrote across it), I'd just look at my dealer and say, "y'all fixin this under warranty, right?" After a yes response, I take the top off, set it in the parking lot, drive off in my Bronco and tell them to call when it's fixed! I'll get a bimini top to last till then.

So sure, give me a known crappy top next week vs no Bronco till next year...

SlashRacer

Rank VI

Champion I

May 31, 2020
Allegan, MI, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Heckman
Member #

They don’t have an unlimited amount of floor space inside to store broncos with no roofs.

Wouldn’t it be better to build a Bronco, put a bad roof on it and park it outside until a replacement gets in or would you not build the Bronco at all because you have a bad roof?

I would think it would be quicker to swap a roof out instead of building a whole Bronco?

I’m not sure how they measure their production numbers either. Do they count built broncos or built QC passed broncos?

Norderwurm

Rank V

Supporter III

Apr 11, 2021
O'Fallon MO
First Name
Matthew
Last Name
Barker
Member #

From that same site, It was reported months ago, before Ford even started making Broncos for customers, that test and demo builds were being parked outside MAP with bad roofs (because at that time they literally only had bad roofs from Webasto, the only good roofs they had were hand built in the prototyping shop). It wouldn't surprise me if these are those same test and demo builds, just sitting there.

Soupcook

Rank VI

Champion I

Jan 14, 2021
Auburndale, FL, USA
First Name
Walter
Last Name
Lynch
Member #

Most likely Broncos that were built to keep the line running and just waiting on a good roof. What's the issue ? Had you rather Ford just halt production all together ?
Chill...just sharing that photos of Broncos with roof problems are real. They probably didn't know there was a problem until later in the production; then conducted a QA inspection of the suspect lots of roofs and put the Broncos on hold. Hell. from my manufacturing experience, I have put an entire days production on hold pending quality inspections for the smallest evidence that our product quality or functionality were impacted. Once the inspection is complete, the product on hold is released for distribution. Any defects are pulled and dispositioned, as appropriate.

So, just because there is a line of Broncos with "bad roof" written on them does not mean they all have a bad roof.

I would suggest Ford use colored tags and codes to identify issues with the vehicles so the employees can't take photos and share them online.

Reactions: zstucker

Rydfree

Rank VI

Super Supporter III

Sep 1, 2020
Alabama
First Name
Benny
Last Name
Bryant
Member #

Chill...just sharing that photos of Broncos with roof problems are real. They probably didn't know there was a problem until later in the production; then conducted a QA inspection of the suspect lots of roofs and put the Broncos on hold. Hell. from my manufacturing experience, I have put an entire days production on hold pending quality inspections for the smallest evidence that our product quality or functionality were impacted. Once the inspection is complete, the product on hold is released for distribution. Any defects are pulled and dispositioned, as appropriate.

So, just because there is a line of Broncos with "bad roof" written on them does not mean they all have a bad roof.

I would suggest Ford use colored tags and codes to identify issues with the vehicles so the employees can't take photos and share them online.

I'm pretty chill . I ran my own business for 20 years and the rest has been in the automotive manufacturing segment . What you stated is entirely true and a regular part of the process . I would have led with that in the original post .
"just sharing that photos of Broncos with roof problems are real" Anyone could share similar pics from any manufacturer and it would not indicate "real problems" .

KennyMac

Rank V

Promoter II

Dec 7, 2020
Alabama, USA
First Name
Kenneth
Last Name
MacAllister
My question would be Ford's QC caught those bad roofs, why didn't Webasto catch those bad roofs before they got to MAP?
Webasto's dumpster wasn't big enough to fit all those roofs, had to send them to the plant to scrap out. The plant used the trash roofs for a LSS green belt project to save money on tarps.

Rydfree

Rank VI

Super Supporter III

Sep 1, 2020
Alabama
First Name
Benny
Last Name
Bryant
Member #

My question would be Ford's QC caught those bad roofs, why didn't Webasto catch those bad roofs before they got to MAP?
I once worked for a supplier to Jeep that made the leather dash for the Grand Cherokee back in 2011 . The place was a dumpster fire . Truckloads of dashes came back all the time after being rejected , so many in fact the company built a warehouse just to store the rejects . I walked out after 6monyhs to the job I have now . Within 4 months of leaving they cleaned house from HR all the way through the engineering and plant manager positions . I would assume this Webasto situation is similar in nature .

HikerAT22

Rank V

Supporter II

Jan 20, 2021
Broadview Heights, OH, USA
First Name
William
Last Name
Ridgeway
Member #

That's the problem with B6G, too many things are posted on there with no kind of context and then people run with it as fact. I saw the pics of the bad roof Broncos on there, and when you have so many people (myself included) with their Broncos built 2-4 weeks ago still waiting for them to ship with no info on why and add to that the whole disaster that Webasto has been from the get go, it's easy to go into panic mode. I think after a year of what feels like one delay & setback after another, and lots of times limited (at best) communication from Ford, frustration is finally getting the better of a lot of people. Having said that, if there is a quality issue, I'd rather have my Bronco fixed before it gets to me. Am I disappointed to have to keep waiting just when I thought there was light at the end of the tunnel? You bet. But it would be even worse if I went to pick up my brand new rig and it had a crap top.
agreed

Big Ragu

Rank 0

Advocate II

May 8, 2021
Ohio
First Name
Aric
Last Name
Knepp
That's the problem with B6G, too many things are posted on there with no kind of context and then people run with it as fact. I saw the pics of the bad roof Broncos on there, and when you have so many people (myself included) with their Broncos built 2-4 weeks ago still waiting for them to ship with no info on why and add to that the whole disaster that Webasto has been from the get go, it's easy to go into panic mode. I think after a year of what feels like one delay & setback after another, and lots of times limited (at best) communication from Ford, frustration is finally getting the better of a lot of people. Having said that, if there is a quality issue, I'd rather have my Bronco fixed before it gets to me. Am I disappointed to have to keep waiting just when I thought there was light at the end of the tunnel? You bet. But it would be even worse if I went to pick up my brand new rig and it had a crap top.
How do you know your bronco was built already. Do you have a window sticker with blend date? I think a lot of people think their broncos have been built when in reality have been delayed for 2 months. MAP opens back up this week but shuts back down soon after. I think we all need to temper our expectations a bit bc a june build can easily be a november delivery.

Reactions: JRHopp and Base21

cindy307

Rank II

Advocate III

Jul 24, 2020
Wyoming
First Name
Cindy
Last Name
Skaarland
How do you know your bronco was built already. Do you have a window sticker with blend date? I think a lot of people think their broncos have been built when in reality have been delayed for 2 months. MAP opens back up this week but shuts back down soon after. I think we all need to temper our expectations a bit bc a june build can easily be a november delivery.
Yes, I've had a window sticker since 06-21 and blend date of 06-28. My dealer verified that my Bronco is showing built in his vehicle visibility system but has been sitting at MAP since 06-29.

Reactions: robbowen23

cindy307

Rank II

Advocate III

Jul 24, 2020
Wyoming
First Name
Cindy
Last Name
Skaarland
A guy who has the MIC top has a leak already, from a heavy rain.
Also someone with a soft top posted on a Facebook group that the water pools up above the front doors and soaks him whenever he has to open the doors or windows. So looks like both top options are having issues with water.

JRHopp

Rank III

Promoter III

Oct 7, 2020
Peoria, IL, USA
First Name
Jacob
Last Name
Hopping
Also someone with a soft top posted on a Facebook group that the water pools up above the front doors and soaks him whenever he has to open the doors or windows. So looks like both top options are having issues with water.
I would tend to believe that Ford tested the tops before putting them into production.

Chief1301

Rank V

Supporter III

Jun 21, 2020
Concord, CA 94521, USA
First Name
Todd
Last Name
Araujo
Member #

Supposedly there have been issues with the Center panels on 4 doors collapsing inward. I don't have many details as to how and under what conditions, but from the quality guy I'm close with, it's one of the many reasons we're seeing delays with the tops.
I haven't heard of that. Glad I ordered a 2 door, even though it's taking forever.

Reactions: Buckin Bronco

Bronco5.0

Rank VI

Promoter I

May 29, 2020
USA
Member #

To me, that means the QC process is working. Catch those issues in final check, send them back down the line to fix and then send the customer a better product. The delays aren't fun, but I would rather have a vehicle I can trust versus one that seems like it sailed through QC without the right level of inspection.
What? The problem should have been caught before they left Webasto.