'Bad Roof' and Delivery Estimates Vs Reality

LagoCJ
Jul 13, 2021

Rank VI

Jul 13, 2021

Well...it seems like there is a new quality control issue and a rumor of Broncos sitting in containment with 'Bad Roof' written on them...assumably waiting for a new roof before shipping.

Mine was 'built' on 6/27 and was supposed to have shipped out on 6/28. That would have put it in TX last week. But, no Bronco...it is going to be later than it's estimated and I can imagine it sitting at MAP waiting for a roof swap. Hoping to see it this week...a few days late, but with a MIC without issues.
BN 0232 Bronco "Skwach" - 4 Dr FE, Lightning Blue, MIC/NP
New acquisition - Ranger Lariat Tremor, Rapid Red "Quake" (Skwach's little brother)
Other fun stuff: Honda Pioneer 1000 dirt toy (Need hitch!)
Crysled84, TK1215
Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2021

Rank 0

Jul 13, 2021

Supposedly there have been issues with the Center panels on 4 doors collapsing inward. I don't have many details as to how and under what conditions, but from the quality guy I'm close with, it's one of the many reasons we're seeing delays with the tops.
TK1215, Chief1301

Rank VI

Jul 13, 2021

As someone in the supplier industry, myself, I know that this is just the worst case scenario for customers, for Ford, and for the supplier who is not being successful with their component quality. Kudos to Ford in the most impossible of situations to 'stop the presses' and take the heat. I would rather my FE roll out with a 'good' top, rather than one that could fail. I look back at the first gen vehicles that had gremlins and this is not a new situation. Ford hasn't been perfect in their execution and communication, but I do know they are trying very hard to make Bronco everything we want it to be. Can't wait for that first drive!!! (Maybe this week????)
New acquisition - Ranger Lariat Tremor, Rapid Red "Quake" (Skwach's little brother)
Crysled84, TK1215

Rank 0

Jul 13, 2021

I work in the Automation industry now in engineering, formerly in management, and I had a large project that I took over when it became clear that it may stop production of a foreign manufacturers pick up. I worked 12 hours, 7 days a week for months in order to get the equipment functional, so I can only guess the pressure and scrutiny some of these teams are under to get the production issues solved.
Crysled84, BroncoPA65

Rank IV

Jul 13, 2021

Well...it seems like there is a new quality control issue and a rumor of Broncos sitting in containment with 'Bad Roof' written on them...assumably waiting for a new roof before shipping.

Mine was 'built' on 6/27 and was supposed to have shipped out on 6/28. That would have put it in TX last week. But, no Bronco...it is going to be later than it's estimated and I can imagine it sitting at MAP waiting for a roof swap. Hoping to see it this week...a few days late, but with a MIC without issues.
Rumors, rumors, rumors
TK1215, Fowler

Rank VI

Jul 14, 2021

Rumors, rumors, rumors
Photos are on Bronco6G...
7/14: Outer Banks, Eruption Green, Lux Package, 2.7 Eco, Sasquatch Package, Roof Rack, Towing Package, HD Modular front bumper, AUX switches
Crysled84, TK1215

Don't Follow Me ,I'm about to do something Stupid

Jul 14, 2021

I'm glad people can't drive by our plant and take pictures easily . Every manufactor has parts sitting somewhere with "Bad" , "Reject" or "Failed" written on them . Do people really think every part made passes QC and gets shipped out ?
2Dr Badlands - MIC - Area51 - 2.7 Auto - MGV - Headliner - High Pkg
Reserved 7/20/20 Delivered 5/6/23
"Ford said, hey we're gonna fulfill all reservations and pre-orders before we build stock units."
Crysled84, SlashRacer

Rank VI

Jul 14, 2021

I'm glad people can't drive by our plant and take pictures easily . Every manufactor has parts sitting somewhere with "Bad" , "Reject" or "Failed" written on them . Do people really think every part made passes QC and gets shipped out ?
To me, that means the QC process is working. Catch those issues in final check, send them back down the line to fix and then send the customer a better product. The delays aren't fun, but I would rather have a vehicle I can trust versus one that seems like it sailed through QC without the right level of inspection.
357Mag, Crysled84

Rank VI

Jul 14, 2021

o_O
Bronco Nation Member #0000
Instagram: bdawson24

Rank IV

Jul 14, 2021

Wouldn’t you rather see photos of rejected parts than have those rejected parts put on your 50K Bronco?
Crysled84, SlashRacer

Rank VI

Jul 14, 2021

To me, that means the QC process is working. Catch those issues in final check, send them back down the line to fix and then send the customer a better product. The delays aren't fun, but I would rather have a vehicle I can trust versus one that seems like it sailed through QC without the right level of inspection.
Great perspective!
Bronco Nation Member #0000
Instagram: bdawson24
Crysled84, dirty finger

Rank VI

Jul 14, 2021

Wouldn’t you rather see photos of rejected parts than have those rejected parts put on your 50K Bronco?
The photos are of completed Broncos sitting with bad roof written on the windows...
7/14: Outer Banks, Eruption Green, Lux Package, 2.7 Eco, Sasquatch Package, Roof Rack, Towing Package, HD Modular front bumper, AUX switches

Jul 14, 2021

The photos are of completed Broncos sitting with bad roof written on the windows...
Most likely Broncos that were built to keep the line running and just waiting on a good roof. What's the issue ? Had you rather Ford just halt production all together ?
"Ford said, hey we're gonna fulfill all reservations and pre-orders before we build stock units."
Crysled84, dirty finger

Rank V

Jul 14, 2021

Most likely Broncos that were built to keep the line running and just waiting on a good roof. What's the issue ? Had you rather Ford just halt production all together ?
Not halt, but instead of putting roofs on the assembly line ones complete what you have done and play catch-up

Rank V

Jul 14, 2021

And yes QC is working

Jul 14, 2021

Not halt, but instead of putting roofs on the assembly line ones complete what you have done and play catch-up

Ford should definitely setup an online suggestion box . All the assembly line experts on the forums apparently can save them millions of dollars . Even after nearly 120 years they can not seem to get it right by themselves .
BroncoPA65, KJC76

Rank V

Jul 14, 2021

Lol common sense isn’t so common anymore
inrustwetrust_, KJC76

Rank V

Jul 14, 2021

And yes QC is working
Hmmm... my work history in product manufacturing is
QC rejects bad parts befor they go to build.

Not build it and say oh thats bad one.
BrianBell66, AcesandEights

Rank V

Jul 14, 2021

And yes QC is working
Hmmm... my work history in product manufacturing is
QC rejects bad parts befor they go to build.

Not build it and say oh thats bad one.

That is very true. But will say if this is the scenario at least they were caught.

Should be f never made it that far but at least issues are being addressed….hopefully as we remain in the dark.

Rank II

Jul 14, 2021

That's the problem with B6G, too many things are posted on there with no kind of context and then people run with it as fact. I saw the pics of the bad roof Broncos on there, and when you have so many people (myself included) with their Broncos built 2-4 weeks ago still waiting for them to ship with no info on why and add to that the whole disaster that Webasto has been from the get go, it's easy to go into panic mode. I think after a year of what feels like one delay & setback after another, and lots of times limited (at best) communication from Ford, frustration is finally getting the better of a lot of people. Having said that, if there is a quality issue, I'd rather have my Bronco fixed before it gets to me. Am I disappointed to have to keep waiting just when I thought there was light at the end of the tunnel? You bet. But it would be even worse if I went to pick up my brand new rig and it had a crap top.
Christalynne, Deano Bronc