Back Up Camera Not Working

BengalTiger
Jun 15, 2022

Rank 0

Jun 15, 2022

Since I've had my 2021 (new) Bronco - Outer Banks 4 Door - with High Package - my back up camera worked about 75% of the time. Now - the camera comes on maybe 10% of the time. Plus the rear speak sometimes sounds like it's blown. Anyone else having this issue? I'd bring it into the dealership - but the wait time is 2 months out and they said they would need to vehiucle for a couple of weeks. I can't be without a car for two weeks. Any suggestions? Love my Bronco - but this is pretty ridiculous.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2022

No Ragerts

Jun 15, 2022

Since I've had my 2021 (new) Bronco - Outer Banks 4 Door - with High Package - my back up camera worked about 75% of the time. Now - the camera comes on maybe 10% of the time. Plus the rear speak sometimes sounds like it's blown. Anyone else having this issue? I'd bring it into the dealership - but the wait time is 2 months out and they said they would need to vehiucle for a couple of weeks. I can't be without a car for two weeks. Any suggestions? Love my Bronco - but this is pretty ridiculous.
Sounds like some loose wiring to me…
- 2023 Raptor / Shadow Black / MGV (DOB 8/30/23)
- 2023 Heritage Limited Edition / Robin’s Egg Blue / 4dr / (stolen from my dealer 11/15/23)

Burrito Connoisseur

Jun 15, 2022

Honestly sounds like a loose connection somewhere and not a broken camera.

The easiest thing you can do is pop out the plastic trim piece on the inside of the tailgate and double check the wiring & connections on the wiring harness inside the tailgate. The camera is powered whenever the vehicle is on, so turn on the Bronco and check to make sure the camera is begin fed voltage from wiring harness.

Hopefully that's where the issue is. If it isn't there... the next thing I would is hook up the vehicle to a laptop and see if the APIM or IPMB is throwing any errors. If it isn't... it's going to be painful... you're going to have to trace the wiring from the camera the way back to the IPMB (Image Processing Module) and/or APIM (Accessory Protocol Interface Module) to see where the issue is. Which means you'll be pulling trim pieces and ripping out a lot of your interior. (This is likely why your dealer is asking to hold your vehicle for approx 2 weeks.)
2022 4dr Badlands, 2.3L Manual, Mid pkg
YouTube: youtube.com/@ragnarkon
Bschurr

Rank 0

Jun 15, 2022

Many thanks for the info - I'll try to first suggestion. The wiring harness makes a lot of sense.