Back end rattle

Flourman
Apr 08, 2021

Rank VI

Apr 08, 2021

After the KOH videos and doing a Bronco ride along myself, I’m curious if anyone has heard of Ford’s idea of what was rattling in the back end. Originally it seemed like it was a top issue but we rode in a soft top and it still rattled. The drivers have been super clear these are pre-production vehicles and the rattle will be fixed.

To me, riding in the back seat, it really seemed like the tailgate striker bolt. Like it was missing a bushing or was the incorrect size.
Bronco_Adventure
Last edited by a moderator: Apr 08, 2021

Libations MOD

Apr 08, 2021

After the KOH videos and doing a Bronco ride along myself, I’m curious if anyone has heard of Ford’s idea of what was rattling in the back end. Originally it seemed like it was a top issue but we rode in a soft top and it still rattled. The drivers have been super clear these are pre-production vehicles and the rattle will be fixed.

To me, riding in the back seat, it really seemed like the tailgate striker bolt. Like it was missing a bushing or was the incorrect size.
Yes, they have said it was the tailgate and already had a fix as it was simply the bolts basically not having Loctite. It was discussed in one of the recent posts here. Forgot which
WT HOSS 4dr 2.7 MIC Lux Tow
7/16/20 Res -- 1/22/21, 10/8/21 Order -- 3/24/22 VIN -- 5/9/22, 5/23/22, 5/16/22, 6/6/22, 6/17/22 Build 7/15/22 Delivered
Storm Factor - Never Stop Chasing! BrawnCo.Club 501c3 Pending
Deano Bronc, Bronc96

Rank IV

Apr 08, 2021

We had two rattles in the back of our 4 door soft top in Moab. The door to the jack cover was flopping up and down, however, they said that production models will have velcro to hold that down. Additionally, there was a thin metal bar hanging from the very rear lower edge of the soft top, about a foot long. It was just to the left of the middle of that rear lower edge. Not sure what that was, but our driver stopped to stow it properly. After that it quieted down considerably as we hammered the vehicle through the desert. Other than that, I didn't hear anything abnormal to the punishment we were taking it through.
Traction Board brackets available at www.puravidaoffroad.com
Instagram: @puravida.offroad
4dr CG Bronco Badlands, 2.3/auto no-Squatch, Lux, MIC
Deano Bronc, Bronc96

Rank V

Jan 06, 2022

Tail gate started rattling on my 4 Door FE today just clocked 600 miles
Bronco_Adventure

Libations MOD

Jan 06, 2022

I told my gal that one time and well, she wasn't too happy!! Too much junk in the trunk!!
WT HOSS 4dr 2.7 MIC Lux Tow
7/16/20 Res -- 1/22/21, 10/8/21 Order -- 3/24/22 VIN -- 5/9/22, 5/23/22, 5/16/22, 6/6/22, 6/17/22 Build 7/15/22 Delivered
Storm Factor - Never Stop Chasing! BrawnCo.Club 501c3 Pending
Chert, byronpete21

Rank V

Jan 06, 2022

Not sure of the official name, but on my TJ there is a bar that helps keep the read axle in place, or so I've been told. Any way over time the fittings on it became bacd and would rattle. I had to replace those a couple times in 15 years.

Rank V

Feb 25, 2022

Have a vid on my experience with this. Will post later but long story short ford replaced the tailgate after much back and forth with the dealer
Deano Bronc