Baby Bronco Tows Jeep Wrangler

katie the bronco
Jan 15, 2022

Rank 0

Jan 15, 2022

Just before sundown on the second day of the Mojave trail in my Bronco Sport Badlands we came across a brand new Jeep Wrangler Rubicon stuck in some soft sand. The owners where quite happy to see us as they had been suck for a while, given the rocks they had put in the pits dug by the wheels. I hooked the tow strap with soft shackles and they where out of the sand in no time. I got to drive off into the sunset knowing they'd have to tell their buddies that they where saved by a chick in a baby Bronco.VideoCapture_20211124-150802-01.jpeg
Nicolle, tyoung15
Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2022

No Ragerts

Jan 15, 2022

LOL - that’s awesome!

and, this is the post of the day!
“…Wrangler saved by a chick in a baby Bronco.”
- 2023 Raptor / Shadow Black / MGV (DOB 8/30/23)
- 2023 Heritage Limited Edition / Robin’s Egg Blue / 4dr / (stolen from my dealer 11/15/23)
tyoung15, ChickasawNDN

Rank VI

Jan 15, 2022

Love it!!!
ABQNMBronco, katie the bronco

Your unofficial Favorite Author

Jan 15, 2022

#Emasculating

love the story:LOL:
2dr Badlands 2.3 Manual w/Mid, Rapid Red
My blog, Mfcomics.net, my stories: https://payhip.com/MFComics
ABQNMBronco, Crawler Green

Rank II

Jan 15, 2022

Just before sundown on the second day of the Mojave trail in my Bronco Sport Badlands we came across a brand new Jeep Wrangler Rubicon stuck in some soft sand. The owners where quite happy to see us as they had been suck for a while, given the rocks they had put in the pits dug by the wheels. I hooked the tow strap with soft shackles and they where out of the sand in no time. I got to drive off into the sunset knowing they'd have to tell their buddies that they where saved by a chick in a baby Bronco.View attachment 26228
Doing work
katie the bronco

Mud,Sweat and Gears

Jan 15, 2022

They couldn't get out of that? :rolleyes:

Mud,Sweat and Gears

Jan 15, 2022

#Emasculating

love the story:LOL:
You know it will be told differently back at the ranch.
tyoung15, Jakob1972

🐎Moab on my mind🐎

Jan 15, 2022

YES! Thank you for sharing!! Those Bronco Sport Badlands are looking impressive!
Hi y'all, Lauri here and I am the proud owner of a MY21 Badlands, SAS, 2.7 auto, 4 door, soft top, Cactus Gray, no reservation, ordered 9/11/21, Took delivery 1/8/22!
ABQNMBronco, Deano Bronc

Standing Grumpy Face

Jan 16, 2022

That is awesome!!! Nice work. Good to see the Bronco Sport pulling it's weight in the Bronco line-up.

I would love to post this pic in a few Jeep forums. But it would not end well.
PSUTE, ABQNMBronco

Mud,Sweat and Gears

Jan 16, 2022

That is awesome!!! Nice work. Good to see the Bronco Sport pulling it's weight in the Bronco line-up.

I would love to post this pic in a few Jeep forums. But it would not end well.
Well I would've turned around to pull from the back,pulling backward is not good. Reverse gear is a higher ratio than 1st to start with. It might have worked but its a good example of what not to do.

Rank XXXXXXVVVVVIIII

Jan 16, 2022

Well I would've turned around to pull from the back,pulling backward is not good. Reverse gear is a higher ratio than 1st to start with. It might have worked but its a good example of what not to do.
wow is that any way to treat a fellow bronco affiando?
Darrel, ABQNMBronco

Rank 0

Jan 16, 2022

I thought it was more important to stick to the minimal amount of firm-ish sand in the area rather then get stuck myself attempting to turn around. Wouldn't want the next car to show up and rescue the both of us to be a Jeep
Rexen, ChickasawNDN

Rank VI

Jan 16, 2022

I am sure that the Jeep owner is saying, "Chicks Rock"..and of course they do. Thanks for your post..
2021 OBX 2 door High Package Cyber orange, second day reservation, ordered Jan 20, 2021, blend date of 18 Dec 2021, delivery date of Jan 12th and loving it.
Deano Bronc, katie the bronco

Mud,Sweat and Gears

Jan 16, 2022

I thought it was more important to stick to the minimal amount of firm-ish sand in the area rather then get stuck myself attempting to turn around. Wouldn't want the next car to show up and rescue the both of us to be a Jeep
If your tires were aired down properly you wouldn't have gotten stuck.Which is what probably got the jeep stuck.It didn't look like it was in 4 whl drive either.I would never risk getting myself stuck to pull someone out.I would go for help.
A broken strap, chain or cable will come right through the windshield.
tyoung15

Life is a Highway

Jan 16, 2022

Is there a video of this event?

Rank IV

Jan 16, 2022

Aside from the obvious optics here - glad to see that both rivalry and good sportsmanship is alive and well in the community. Good on you for getting these folks moving. Sometimes these acts can literally save lives.
Darrel, PSUTE

Rank 0

Jan 16, 2022

If your tires were aired down properly you wouldn't have gotten stuck.Which is what probably got the jeep stuck.It didn't look like it was in 4 whl drive either.I would never risk getting myself stuck to pull someone out.I would go for help.
My tires where aired down and I use a polyester tow strap with soft shackles (precisely for the reason that they don't snap and send metal flying). I wanted to act quickly as it was getting dark and there where no other vehicles on the Mojave trail for the day or even camped, not mention no cell signal. I knew it would only take a short pull to get them unstuck, I pulled about half a car length. I didn't ask why they got stuck as it doesn't matter, they didn't need a lesson in off roading they needed a recovery.
tyoung15, Deano Bronc

That's a terrible idea, when do we start?

Jan 16, 2022

WOW a little harsh don't you think @Bronco5.0 ?? Nice work @katie the bronco! OK, just one small piece of advice. When we winch someone we always throw a heavy coat or towel over the winch cable in case something snaps. That will tend to keep everything flying low to the ground if something breaks instead of it flying up head height. I'm not sure that's necessary in this case, but if you want to play it safe, that's what I would do. I certainly wouldn't run off to look for help. BTW, this is also why I always recommend that people off road in pairs, or more. The buddy system saves lives. :cool:
4 Door BadSquatch | Soft-top | Velocity Blue | 2.7 Auto | Towing | Lux | Leather
Deano Bronc, Sdakotabronco

Rank 0

Jan 16, 2022

Is there a video of this event?
Sadly no, it was getting dark so our focus was on recovery.
Bschurr

Life is a Highway

Jan 16, 2022

Sadly no, it was getting dark so our focus was on recovery.
Excellent job, not matter how you pulled it out. On the trail we put aside our vehicles differences! And no matter how you are facing! Crazy what good eyes people have to see full air in everyone’s tires and that the Jeep wasn’t in 4 wheel drive! ;)
Ponds, ChickasawNDN