B&O Sound System with 10 speakers including a subwoofer (Is it worth it? How about stand-a-lone purchase $$

Gpscharron
Sep 01, 2020

Rank V

Sep 01, 2020

I have a question regarding B&O Sound System with 10 speakers including a subwoofer (Lux Package). Is it worth it? Are they really that good?
How about if they offer it as a stand alone for $1,000 or less.
Would you get them if you are a speaker person?

Thanks!
2021 Bronco - Badlands - 4 door - 2.7 - Upgraded Rims/MT tires - V.B.
Hobgoblin, BroncoMax
Last edited by a moderator: Sep 01, 2020
SandboxGeneral

Sep 01, 2020

B&O makes some really good audio equipment. However, car audio and acoustics aren’t always ideal if you’re a serious audiophile.

My MKZ has the standard sound system and I drove a different MKZ with the B&O system too. There was a noticeable difference in sound, but I didn’t think it was an amazing or exceptional difference.

I love high end audio and when I really want to enjoy music, I put my headphones or IEMs on paired with a good DAC and amps.

I don’t expect that same level of audio quality when I’m driving or exercising at the gym.

With that said, I feel modern car audio systems from the factory are more than adequate to satisfy most people. These aren’t the junky systems of the 80’s and 90’s.

But the best way to determine its value to you and if it’s worth the extra cost, is to find a Ford or Lincoln with the B&O system and try it out. Also keep in mind that the interior acoustics of whatever car you test will be different from what the Bronco’s interior acoustics will be.

Audio quality is in the ear of the listener.
BronxBuster, ATC Enthusiast

Rank V

Sep 02, 2020

With the doors and roof gone, I won’t blast my music. Same thing on my Ultra. I tend to keep the volume down and don’t need the boost.
Badlands / 4-Door / Anit-Matter Blue / 2.7 / MGV / High Package / Sasquatch Package
ATC Enthusiast

Rank IV

Sep 02, 2020

I getting lux for adaptive cruise control as i get stuck at 5mph alot (on hiway).
2019 Ford F-150 Raptor
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands (reserved, ordered with note for My22)
SandboxGeneral

Sep 02, 2020

I getting lux for adaptive cruise control as i get stuck at 5mph alot (on hiway).
The adaptive cruise control is the primary reason I'm going for the lux package, too. I've never had a car with it and recently test drove a Continental as a potential next car after my MKZ, and the Continental had this feature and I absolutely loved it. It takes all the road rage out of you as the car handles all the speeding up and slowing down. I think this should be a standard feature on all vehicles.

Rank VI

Sep 02, 2020

I believe the delivery of music has changed quite dramatically over the last couple years. Not only do many of us build custom playlists, we deliver our music via in-ear systems. The systems allow us to not only control the volume, we can control the frequency of the sound. Incoming phone calls or navigation commands are blended into a continuous stream of sound. Although I do prefer to listen to music at home on an integrated series of wireless A6 B&O speakers, with the roof off on my Bronco I will oft for an in-ear system. For me, that will render an expense car stereo obsolete.
SaddleUpWild

Rank VI

Sep 02, 2020

I've always had the higher end stereo systems in my vehicles, so I'll be going with the B&O just as a default. I also am wanting all of the other options that come with the Lux package, so I have no problem spending the money for it.
Raptor w/ lux package, orange belts. Code Orange.
BN #306
samanator, Username

Rank IV

Sep 02, 2020

I'm sure the extra setup is nice, but having been in vehicles with no top or doors before, you really aren't going to hear much unless you seriously crank the volume. Now, if there was an option for speakers in the headrest....that might be something.
Montcyn, SaddleUpWild

Rank VI

Sep 02, 2020

I am going with the Lux package for the other features. I am sure the sound system will sound great with the doors and roof on, but owing a Jeep once the roof comes off wind noise will drown out your stereo. Just the way it is.
SaddleUpWild, Deano Bronc

Rank IV

Sep 03, 2020

Does anyone know where the subwoofer is going to be located on the Bronco with the 10-speak B&O system?

Moab or bust!!!

Sep 03, 2020

Does anyone know where the subwoofer is going to be located on the Bronco with the 10-speak B&O system?
There is speculation that it will be in this cubby hole.
cargo.jpg
2022 Bronco Badlands, 4D, Hot Pepper Red, 2.7, Squatch, Lux, and MIC.
7/13/2020 10:04pm reservation. Blend 6/16/2022 Delivered 6/26/2022.
Dealership - Stephen's Auto Center.
DRWright, RodFather

Rank II

Sep 03, 2020

I just want to ensure it does not give up cargo space, like how the jeep wranglers I believe have. Putting the sub in the back takes away floor and cargo space I believe.

Rank VI

Sep 03, 2020

Same thing on my Ultra. I tend to keep the volume down and don’t need the boost.

Bluetooth speakers in my helmet for me.
2021 BadSquatch, 4DR, 2.7/AT, High Package, Oxford White
SaddleUpWild

Don't Follow Me ,I'm about to do something Stupid

Sep 04, 2020

Now, if there was an option for speakers in the headrest....that might be something.

I just had a Pontaic Fiero flashback . Uggh
2Dr Badlands - MIC - Area51 - 2.7 Auto - MGV - Headliner - High Pkg
Reserved 7/20/20 Delivered 5/6/23
"Ford said, hey we're gonna fulfill all reservations and pre-orders before we build stock units."
MGySgt1995

Don't Follow Me ,I'm about to do something Stupid

Sep 04, 2020

I thought I saw it in the tailgate in some of the pics ???

:30 & 2:08 into this video maybe …..
2Dr Badlands - MIC - Area51 - 2.7 Auto - MGV - Headliner - High Pkg
Reserved 7/20/20 Delivered 5/6/23
"Ford said, hey we're gonna fulfill all reservations and pre-orders before we build stock units."
Mangelo, BroncoMax

Rank IV

Sep 04, 2020

I just had a Pontaic Fiero flashback . Uggh
I thought of Bentley , but to each their own ;)
Deano Bronc

Rank II

Sep 04, 2020

There are pictures you can see it in the passenger side rear quarter panel.

Rank V

Sep 04, 2020

I wonder how the aftermarket will help us Medium and High package holders when we want to place a 12" sub and an amp in the back? Wish i had some measurements to see if my xplods will fit.
MadMike

Rank II

Sep 04, 2020

I wonder how the aftermarket will help us Medium and High package holders when we want to place a 12" sub and an amp in the back? Wish i had some measurements to see if my xplods will fit.
I'm thinking if I go with subs in the rear I would go with a locking rear cover. And i'm hoping the amps could fit underneath in the little storage area there.

1599245881853.png

Or maybe:

1599245935956.png
14U, Mangelo

Rank IV

Sep 04, 2020

I just want to ensure it does not give up cargo space, like how the jeep wranglers I believe have. Putting the sub in the back takes away floor and cargo space I believe.
Someone posted or was in a video that it didn't take up any extra space so that hole in the picture above makes sense.
2019 Ford F-150 Raptor
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands (reserved, ordered with note for My22)
Deano Bronc