B&O Sound System Upgrade

ApolloBadlands
Apr 24, 2022

Rank 0

Apr 24, 2022

Hi, new member here with a 22’ Badlands Bronco and I love it so far! One downside has been the standard audio tied to the 8” screen option. As I got this from the dealer, I wish it had an B&O system installed. I searched around and could not find any answers to as if this is possible as an aftermarket option, or any alternative brands that members have trusted?
Bronco Hueso
Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2022

Rank VI

Apr 24, 2022

Ther are a lot of posts on the other site (Bronco6G) regarding stereo upgrades. Both the regular and BO systems are lackluster. Replacing the speakers seems to be the first upgrade, thou the rear pods are limited by the system and have no bass. The next step is to add an amplifier for the speakers and replace the kick panel woofers. Adding a subwoofer is up to you. You can find relevant links at:

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...ctful-speaker-upgrade-plus-forscan-mod.37186/
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/kicker-key-amp-200-4-install-diy-video-do-this-first.38520/
Bronco Hueso

Rank V

Jun 10, 2022

Anyone with the B&O system should watch the videos on here about how to properly adjust the audio settings. First, do NOT turn the bass up like you did in your Pioneer deck back in high school, the system will read the sound levels in digital recordings and reproduce it as it should be with the tone levels set to neutral. Try that fist with the system set to surround sound and see how you like it. And make sure you have a good quality digital source; a weak one will result in weak sound no matter what you play it through. After watching the video I adjusted our 2021 Badlands's B&O back to the recommendations and am now quite happy with it.
1979 Bronco Ranger XLT: Factory dark jade and wimbleton special tutone, 32,000 original miles, sport steering wheel, CB, lighted vanity, AC, etc.
2021 Bronco Badlands carbonized gray, 4Dr, 2.7, lux, leather, Trektop, Rock Slide Engineering steps & tailgate table.
SlashRacer, Chief1301

Rank VI

Jun 10, 2022

Anyone with the B&O system should watch the videos on here about how to properly adjust the audio settings
Link?
Member # 5650 / 2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Bronco Hueso, Deano Bronc

Rank VI

Jun 10, 2022

Most people set the bass way too high. Also, keep in mind that the acoustics in a Bronco are not going to be good due to the roof design.

Rank V

Jun 11, 2022

Link?

look in the How To section, there’s two videos, a part 1 and 2.
1979 Bronco Ranger XLT: Factory dark jade and wimbleton special tutone, 32,000 original miles, sport steering wheel, CB, lighted vanity, AC, etc.
2021 Bronco Badlands carbonized gray, 4Dr, 2.7, lux, leather, Trektop, Rock Slide Engineering steps & tailgate table.
Bronco Hueso

Rank VI

Jun 11, 2022

I don't think (most) anyone is addressing your question. You don't want to dial in the stock, shite, stereo, you want to upgrade? You don't have the B&O?

Typically a place like Crutchfiled will have listed parts available for a make/model. That being said, most things will work and you just have to decide what you want. I have a 2005 Ford Super Duty. I have a mid-level system, including XM antenna, mid-level speakers, amp, subwoofer, etc. None of the system is stock, even the speaker wires. You can do whatever you want as long as you have battery power and a ground wire. The world is your oyster.

I would start with Crutchfield, look at products that fit your vehicle, read reviews. Pick a handful of products and put them in your cart. Read more reviews, then hit buy now and install them at your leisure. The vehicle is the limiting factor by the way. Stereo components are what they are, pretty kick ass, if you pick decent pieces. Whether they sound good is often vehicle dependent, and the Bronco will never sound like a sedan.
2022 Jeep JLR, manual with even more extra guacamole
Sold - 2021 Jeep JLR, manual w/extra guacamole
SlashRacer, Hudman316

Rank I

Sep 21, 2022

Hi, new member here with a 22’ Badlands Bronco and I love it so far! One downside has been the standard audio tied to the 8” screen option. As I got this from the dealer, I wish it had an B&O system installed. I searched around and could not find any answers to as if this is possible as an aftermarket option, or any alternative brands that members have trusted?
Be glad you didn't waste your money on the B&O system. It's trash too. Way underpowered with a terrible soundstage. I'm having it completely replaced with all JL.
Calgecko

Rank I

Sep 21, 2022

Some great advice above in this thread. You can make it sound 100x better by simply upgrading the speakers with JL or Focal. You can always add a sub and amp later if you want to.

Rank VI

Sep 21, 2022

Be glad you didn't waste your money on the B&O system. It's trash too. Way underpowered with a terrible soundstage. I'm having it completely replaced with all JL.

I did that too, ordered a 2022 Jeep Rubicon, two-door JL...oh, wait, that's not what you meant, haha!
2022 Jeep JLR, manual with even more extra guacamole
Sold - 2021 Jeep JLR, manual w/extra guacamole

O-===-O BRONCO, Trail Rated is standard

Sep 22, 2022

Most people set the bass way too high. Also, keep in mind that the acoustics in a Bronco are not going to be good due to the roof design.

There was actually a video about the design of this system. They had to sign NDAs and had the Bronco for 2 years before it was announced to design the system perfectly. Even the front speakers are designed to reflect off the windshield to the passengers. The back speakers are genius in how they point at the passengers and are great for tailgating, ect with the top off or back open. Good luck doing that with a car. I am an audiophile and quite impressed with the B&O especially given it's a stock system. The sub doesn't have the most punch but again it's stock and doesn't cost storage space. Even with the top off and driving the freeway it still sounds great. The soundboard is actually a downgrade from the B&O and robs alot of visibility.

O-===-O BRONCO, Trail Rated is standard

Sep 22, 2022

The B&O is a great system and is very nice for stock, but if you're upgrading you can do better for less by picking your own speakers,subs,amps ect. Stock systems are never the best you can do and buying stereo components from an auto manufacturer is a needless cost. The only benefits are a factory fit. The larger display is something I would try to source if you can and it is plug and play but I imagine you'd also need a part # to order a new dash bezel with the larger cutout. Once you find what you want RESEARCH before you pick an installer if you're not doing it yourself. There are alot of shady companies and individuals in that industry and alot of those places will also cut up,drill into and mame your vehicle to cut corners.