Auto start Stop

Rydfree
Sep 08, 2021

Don't Follow Me ,I'm about to do something Stupid

Sep 08, 2021

I searched but didn't find anything posted previously . Is the Bronco Auto/Start /Stop feature the same as on the current Ranger ? The reason I ask is , I see people paying $100 for a plug in module to permanently disable this feature but on the Ranger all you have to do is unplug one wire at the battery . There is a small module on the negative terminal that sends battery voltage to the Auto/Start/Stop and if the voltage is low so as the vehicle may not crank again , it disables the feature . All you have to do is unplug the wire and that's that . Hopefully the Bronco is the same but I keep seeing people ordering the little disablers so wasn't sure .
2Dr Badlands - MIC - Area51 - 2.7 Auto - MGV - Headliner - High Pkg
Reserved 7/20/20 Delivered 5/6/23
"Ford said, hey we're gonna fulfill all reservations and pre-orders before we build stock units."
Last edited by a moderator: Sep 08, 2021

Your unofficial Favorite Author

Sep 08, 2021

Hope so, where is the the plug so I can yank it out
2dr Badlands 2.3 Manual w/Mid, Rapid Red
My blog, Mfcomics.net, my stories: https://payhip.com/MFComics
Mikey D, Bronco*girl66

Sep 08, 2021

Hope so, where is the the plug so I can yank it out

I'll try to get a pic later today but you'll spot it easy as it's the only thing on the negative terminal of the battery beside the main cable .

EDIT: It looks like this

Disconnect BMS plug.png
"Ford said, hey we're gonna fulfill all reservations and pre-orders before we build stock units."
Steve777468, Sdakotabronco

Sep 08, 2021

I'll try to get a pic later today but you'll spot it easy as it's the only thing on the negative terminal of the battery beside the main cable .

EDIT: It looks like this

View attachment 18057

So that's the A.S.S. plug huh? Time to pull it once I get my beast
CliffCo, Steve777468

Rank Benevolent Dictator

Sep 08, 2021

Would any existing Bronco owners confirm if this is the case on their Bronco's?
DRWright, Rydfree

Rank VI

Sep 08, 2021

I’ve never had it, but I always assumed that the auto stop/start was an option that could be disabled in a configuration menu on the infotainment system. I can see it being desirable in certain situations, but not all.
Badlands | Sasquatch | Cyber Orange | 2.7L | Lux | Soft Top
Rydfree

Sep 08, 2021

I’ve never had it, but I always assumed that the auto stop/start was an option that could be disabled in a configuration menu on the infotainment system. I can see it being desirable in certain situations, but not all.

The Ranger has the disable in the configuration menu but it acts the same as the push button switch . It re-enables with the next engine start up . Pulling the wire permanently disables it and puts a greyed out "A" with a line through it on the display is all .
bertscw, Speed Devil

Gladesmen

Sep 08, 2021

How does it work with the Manual Trans. @1Five1 Garage what is yall's experience with this on your Base BB?
I think all you have to do is put it in Neutral and let the clutch out and it will not do it. But if there is a plug I'm gonna pull it.
Bronco Nation 1100. Everglades, Desert Sand
Res: 7/30/20 ordered 1/22/21 reorder 10/15/21 changed to Everglades 3/9/22 schedule 8/29/22 bumped to 9/5; 9/7/22 blend, 9/9 Mods, 9/26/22 completed, 10/7 shipped, 11/3/22 delivery

Rank V

Sep 08, 2021

How does it work with the Manual Trans. @1Five1 Garage what is yall's experience with this on your Base BB?
I think all you have to do is put it in Neutral and let the clutch out and it will not do it. But if there is a plug I'm gonna pull it.

It actually takes a lot longer to shut off. I think it's only gone off once sense i have been driving it. and it was when I was in the driveway waiting on Jill.

I still bought the Auto stop eliminator to install. If there was a plug wrap it up tight go no water gets in it. Don't want it to short out your electrical system.
Bronco Badlands, Bronco Black Diamond, Bronco Big Bend, & Bronco Sport Badlands
www.youtube.com/1five1garage
Max@j2021, Steve777468

Sep 08, 2021

I still bought the Auto stop eliminator to install. If there was a plug wrap it up tight go no water gets in it. Don't want it to short out your electrical system.

It's just a negative sensing signal so shouldn't short but I agree , waterproofing is a good precaution.
Max@j2021

Sep 08, 2021

Forscan takes care of everything
Griffinftw, bertscw

Rank Benevolent Dictator

Sep 09, 2021

Forscan takes care of everything
Hey SD,

Are you positive on that?
Speed Devil

Rank XII

Sep 09, 2021

Here's a great article from Jerry Reynolds (is a quick read): Understanding Vehicle Start/Stop Systems (carprousa.com)
Max@j2021, Griffinftw

Mud,Sweat and Gears

Sep 09, 2021

If you push the disable button EVERY time you get in it won't die on you. But I'm a firm believer in permanently disabling that thing.What ever gas that thing might save is used up by mining equipment digging up stuff to make new starter motors and batteries.
jd-ford-hd, Cheeselog

Sep 09, 2021

Hey SD,

Are you positive on that?

I always hear people using FORscan on everything from door chimes to ASS, idk about the Bronco though
the poacher

Rank VI

Sep 09, 2021

It actually takes a lot longer to shut off. I think it's only gone off once sense i have been driving it. and it was when I was in the driveway waiting on Jill.

I don't understand why Ford doesn't just make it memory based like the ac controls. If you left it off it stays off. Simple as that Ford!
Wildtrak, 4DR, Iconic Silver, High, Camo Seats.
87BroncoVB, Mountainwiitch

Sep 09, 2021

So someone look under the hood of their Bronco to see if it is the same . I know there's Broncos out there , I've read about them on the internet !
SAVEUP, ljchristie

Life is a Highway

Sep 09, 2021

Solid call on the wire wrap sir
Sdakotabronco, Speed Devil

Rank V

Sep 09, 2021

So someone look under the hood of their Bronco to see if it is the same . I know there's Broncos out there , I've read about them on the internet !

It's just a myth... all Broncos you see out on the internet are photo shopped in or CGI.
Bronco Badlands, Bronco Black Diamond, Bronco Big Bend, & Bronco Sport Badlands
www.youtube.com/1five1garage
AD BRONCO, the poacher

Rank V

Sep 09, 2021

I don't understand why Ford doesn't just make it memory based like the ac controls. If you left it off it stays off. Simple as that Ford!

Auto Start/Stop on vehicles is mandated by the EPA in the US. That is also why you can't permanently shut it off. Apparently automakers had to lobby to be able to place the button on the dash and now there's a push to have that removed on future vehicles as well.

Keep an eye on these guys, I have a hunch they'll have one for the Bronco before too long. https://www.autostopeliminator.com/collections/ford

Edit: Turns out they already do, it's there on top of the page!
TK1215, Deano Bronc