Attn. Ford Management. No update on "clean" orders for 6 months is unacceptible.

Should Ford Update Order Holders with "Clean" Builds?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Southern62

Rank 0

Advocate II

Jan 24, 2022
Georgia, USA
First Name
William
Last Name
Mayes
I remember when the wife and I went in and purchased a 91 Toyota Tercel. White, crank windows, a four speed and no radio. Only had AC. It was so awesome. $9675 and change out the door. We knew exactly what it cost them. Did the old switcheroo on him. The old good cop bad cop. It was so beautiful when he came back out from the sales mangers office begging for $75 more. When he asked us what $75 dollars more would be and that it wouldn’t kill us, my wife snapped back, “$75 is diapers for a month, what’s $75 to you” We didn’t pay the $75
I am pretty sure the dealership model may transition to a order taking and repair area and you pay what they ask, then wait and get it. I have no special insight, just a feeling.

Broncy_OBX

Rank V

Promoter III

Mar 20, 2022
Texas
First Name
Priscilla
Last Name
C
Not exactly to do with this, but talking about time frames, it’s funny on the Ford Bronco Sport page, it says the 2023 models will begin deliveries Fall 2022. Seems like a very fast turn around time. Are the Sports really that much quicker?

Attachments

ChickasawNDN

Rank IV

Super Supporter II

Dec 4, 2021
Fairview TX
First Name
Diana
Last Name
Nutt
Member #

Not exactly to do with this, but talking about time frames, it’s funny on the Ford Bronco Sport page, it says the 2023 models will begin deliveries Fall 2022. Seems like a very fast turn around time. Are the Sports really that much quicker?
Did they pause the ordering for the Bronco Sport like they did with the Broncos?

Loop4re7

Rank 0

Advocate I

Sep 22, 2022
Sonora, CA, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
lupo
I placed my reservation 08/20/2020. Converted to order 03/12/2021. 2 door Big Bend. Sasquatch, mid package. Tow package 2.7 motor etc. I spoke with Ford customer service around first of August 2022. They said don’t expect your Bronco until mid 2023. Received email from Ford around first of September build date scheduled for week of 09/19/2022. Another email week later build date moved to week of 09/26/2022. Checked Ford account last Monday said in production. Got window sticker 2 days ago. As of today still in production. I’m in Sonora Ca. Dealer told me yesterday once it ships will take month or so to get here. That’s my story.

Reactions: CBWAR1 and jimFish

radar3d

Rank V

Champion I

Aug 19, 2021
Virginia, United States
First Name
Raymond
Last Name
Luck
Member #

To be fair to Ford… back in 2021 they tried to provide a rough timeframe to customers. And then that rough timeframe changed so many times and became so meaningless that people got pissed and Ford stopped sending out estimates.

Essentially the estimate is “sometime between now and the end of the 2023MY—hopefully”.
At the same time and while I agree with your monthly email being pointless there are stages where they could keep customers more up to date. They are a multi-billion dollar company and peoples rides show up at dealership while still saying “In Production” on their tracker and a myriad of variables there within. People stuck in “In Production” for weeks at a time with no reason for the delay which there is obviously SOME reason. And worse sometimes those THEN get updated to a hold status (chip/widget whatever). Not to mention all of these have basically a cell phone built into them where they could literally track each ones location if they so chose. Their process in theory is great but their follow through blows.

I patiently waited no worries until I got my build date at which time I assume that they have everything to make my build or don’t friggin schedule the build date. Time from scheduled build date through delivery should be pretty standard with the exceptions that SOMETHING happens during the actually assembly which then of course could be annotated and the customer informed as to why the delay. Once people get that build date they expect action no this random some people go from in production to built to awaiting shipment to shipped within a week some even less than that. Then there are others that enter the limbo zone with no communication or updates or anything…. That’s ridiculous.

I’d much rather be waiting in ignorant bliss prior to build date than the anguish of “hey it’s coming”, “hahah just kidding”…

Reactions: Broncy_OBX

nrlucas

Rank VI

Champion I

Aug 2, 2021
Indiana
First Name
Nathan
Last Name
Lucas
Member #

We can’t cape for ford anymore. They made this allocation formula, they came up with this roll out. Yes Covid effected things, however, the pandemic is over and it’s still a shitshow. There’s no rhyme or reason behind the method of getting pulled for production, dealers are left in the dark, this couldn’t have gone much worse- unless the product was poor. That’s the only thing saving ford right now.
what really ticks me off is that I saw SO many builds identical to mine (other than color) get pulled for these last few weeks in October that were ordered 6+ Months after me and were NOT a color that was being deleted. If you’re only going to delete colors, you should do EVERYTHING IN YOUR POWER to fulfill those orders.This is like some kid cutting in the lunch line and getting the last order of Bosco Sticks.

IrishmanNC

Rank 0

Advocate II

Mar 8, 2022
Charlotte, NC, USA
First Name
Charles
Last Name
Napier
I waited 6 months, and heard nada till almost 6 months to the day later. Unfortunately you're not alone.

I understand..... I spent 30 years working for a German automotive company as an executive. This approach would not have been acceptable. Keeping customers in the dark is crazy. Ford knows the backlog, supply chain capacity and production rates. You can build an estimate with this data. I believe lower margin units are going to the back of the line.

Reactions: bronco11 and MarkPS

MarkPS

Rank IV

Don't delete

Mar 6, 2022
Richmond, VA, USA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Spangler
I understand..... I spent 30 years working for a German automotive company as an executive. This approach would not have been acceptable. Keeping customers in the dark is crazy. Ford knows the backlog, supply chain capacity and production rates. You can build an estimate with this data. I believe lower margin units are going to the back of the line.

Zee Germans !!

Yeah, this was a huge dropped ball on Fords part. It'll be a case study in business schools everywhere. A website would have been a cost effective way to allow people to track their vehicle orders. A small dept could have been created to do damage control.

The whole voodoo like build process is completely bizarre. I have no idea how to even begin to figure out that process. Base models seem to have been quicker builds for many though, based on what I've read here.

bronco11

Rank III

Supporter II

Sep 29, 2020
Oklahoma City, OK, USA
First Name
jewelrean
Last Name
hall
Yeah this is mad frustrating.

Hudman316

Rank V

Champion I

Jun 11, 2021
Woodhaven MI
youtube.com
First Name
Eddie
Last Name
Huddleston
Member #

I didn’t hear anything until 7.5 months on the 2022 undated order. It arrived 2.5 months later. I got it after a total wait of 13.5 months (2021 order date of 06/10/2021). Loaded Wildtrak. You should hear something in the next few weeks.
C71DF26C-4091-416F-A5A8-8E6FDA7C0477.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: MarkPS

TitsLaRue

Rank VI

Champion I

May 27, 2021
Mid South
First Name
Tits
Last Name
LaRue
Member #

Zee Germans !!

Yeah, this was a huge dropped ball on Fords part. It'll be a case study in business schools everywhere. A website would have been a cost effective way to allow people to track their vehicle orders. A small dept could have been created to do damage control.

The whole voodoo like build process is completely bizarre. I have no idea how to even begin to figure out that process. Base models seem to have been quicker builds for many though, based on what I've read here.
k4lulpo08qf71.png

MarkPS

Rank IV

Don't delete

Mar 6, 2022
Richmond, VA, USA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Spangler
Great quote. Original Shakespeare quote uses naughty instead of weary. Useless information but interesting nonetheless.

No, definitely interesting, and useful when thrown out at the right occasion. I didn't know it was Shakespeare, but I did grow up getting my culture from Bug Bunny.

The use of weary instead of naughty makes for a more elegant phrase in my opinion, by the way.

Advocate I

Sep 23, 2022
Arizona, USA
First Name
Amy
Last Name
Garber
Communication definitely could stand improvement. Allegedly mine is shipped, received an email estimated delivery Sept 9-15 and yep you guessed, received a second email with estimated delivery sept 20-26. I get all the shipping issues, but I can track a $20 item, but not a $50k+ item!!!! It’s not like this is the first batch they’ve shipped.

MarkPS

Rank IV

Don't delete

Mar 6, 2022
Richmond, VA, USA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Spangler
Communication definitely could stand improvement. Allegedly mine is shipped, received an email estimated delivery Sept 9-15 and yep you guessed, received a second email with estimated delivery sept 20-26. I get all the shipping issues, but I can track a $20 item, but not a $50k+ item!!!! It’s not like this is the first batch they’ve shipped.

I think a big part of that is a $20 item probably fits into a truck with lots, and lots and lots of other $20 items.

Broncos are a little bigger, and take up a lot more space on a rail car or carrier truck, and those are at a premium right now apparently.
They must all have monkeypoxcoviditus.