Attn. Ford Management. No update on "clean" orders for 6 months is unacceptible.

Should Ford Update Order Holders with "Clean" Builds?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

IrishmanNC

Rank 0

Advocate II

Mar 8, 2022
Charlotte, NC, USA
First Name
Charles
Last Name
Napier
It must be possible to estimate a range for production and provide that information to a customer. Six months.. crickets. Not a great customer experience.

Reactions: glamosaurus

RagnarKon

Rank VI

Champion I

Aug 28, 2021
New England
First Name
Bryan
Last Name
W
Member #

To be fair to Ford… back in 2021 they tried to provide a rough timeframe to customers. And then that rough timeframe changed so many times and became so meaningless that people got pissed and Ford stopped sending out estimates.

Essentially the estimate is “sometime between now and the end of the 2023MY—hopefully”.

TK1215

Rank VI

Champion I

Jan 1, 2021
Maricopa, AZ
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Kiely
Member #

It must be possible to estimate a range for production and provide that information to a customer. Six months.. crickets. Not a great customer experience.
There are day one reservation holders 7/13/20 who are still waiting. Clean means that if they get down to your build and have all the parts, and your dealership has an allocation, you could get pulled for build.

MarkPS

Rank IV

Don't delete

Mar 6, 2022
Richmond, VA, USA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Spangler
I waited 6 months, and heard nada till almost 6 months to the day later. Unfortunately you're not alone.

BigHoof

Rank II

Supporter I

Feb 8, 2021
Western PA
First Name
James
Last Name
Lentz
To be fair to Ford… back in 2021 they tried to provide a rough timeframe to customers. And then that rough timeframe changed so many times and became so meaningless that people got pissed and Ford stopped sending out estimates.

Essentially the estimate is “sometime between now and the end of the 2023MY—hopefully”.
Only for a few. Most all got no info whatsoever on a rough timeframe. That's why most of the backlash.

Rydfree

Rank VI

Promoter II

Sep 1, 2020
Alabama
First Name
Benny
Last Name
Bryant
Member #

There are day one reservation holders 7/13/20 who are still waiting. Clean means that if they get down to your build and have all the parts, and your dealership has an allocation, you could get pulled for build.
When is Ford going to announce they are going to do the right thing and at least leave allocations out of the mix for those of us that have been waiting since July 2020 ?
If you have the parts to build my Bronco , PLEASE build it !

Reactions: TK1215

RagnarKon

Rank VI

Champion I

Aug 28, 2021
New England
First Name
Bryan
Last Name
W
Member #

Only for a few. Most all got no info whatsoever on a rough timeframe. That's why most of the backlash.
Yeah, it’s kind of a lose/lose situation for Ford truthfully.

They could send out a monthly update, but their monthly update will basically be “Hi, we’re still building Broncos, your order is still in the system in queue waiting to be built.“ Kind of a pointless email and no doubt people will be frustrated and angry getting that email every month. Or they could not send out any emails unless there are updates (which is what they’re effectively doing), and people will wonder if their order is even in the system.

No way to make everyone happy in this situation.

TK1215

Rank VI

Champion I

Jan 1, 2021
Maricopa, AZ
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Kiely
Member #

I realize many many people are new to this process, but they really haven’t been able to provide a “rough timeframe“ since maybe March of 2021. And that is because they can’t. It has been a mess, is a mess and will continue to be a mess for probably 2-3 years to come.

Reactions: Deano Bronc

BigHoof

Rank II

Supporter I

Feb 8, 2021
Western PA
First Name
James
Last Name
Lentz
I realize many many people are new to this process, but they really haven’t been able to provide a “rough timeframe“ since maybe March of 2021. And that is because they can’t. It has been a mess, is a mess and will continue to be a mess for probably 2-3 years to come.
I'm not new to the process. I ordered in Feb of '21 well before the March 19 cutoff and got the email about receiving an estimated timeframe in the late spring. Never heard a thing. Most didn't. That's a long time ago though. In reality, they should of never said anything to begin with given all of the issues.

Reactions: TK1215

Mal

Rank VI

Champion I

May 21, 2020
Albuquerque NM
Member #

It would be cool if they could give us a timeframe, but that doesn't seem like reality. I'm not sure what a "your truck will be built sometime between 1 Nov and the heat death of the universe" email once a month does for me though.
My dealer is pretty responsive when I ask questions, but really there is not a lot they, or really even FoMoCo can tell me in the interim.

TK1215

Rank VI

Champion I

Jan 1, 2021
Maricopa, AZ
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Kiely
Member #

I'm not new to the process. I ordered in Feb of '21 well before the March 19 cutoff and got the email about receiving an estimated timeframe in the late spring. Never heard a thing. Most didn't. That's a long time ago though. In reality, they should of never said anything to begin with given all of the issues.
I almost long for the days of no internet and no information at all. When a salesperson would call and say, “are you still interested, we got a shipment in”

TK1215

Rank VI

Champion I

Jan 1, 2021
Maricopa, AZ
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Kiely
Member #

I remember when the wife and I went in and purchased a 91 Toyota Tercel. White, crank windows, a four speed and no radio. Only had AC. It was so awesome. $9675 and change out the door. We knew exactly what it cost them. Did the old switcheroo on him. The old good cop bad cop. It was so beautiful when he came back out from the sales mangers office begging for $75 more. When he asked us what $75 dollars more would be and that it wouldn’t kill us, my wife snapped back, “$75 is diapers for a month, what’s $75 to you” We didn’t pay the $75

2020FordRaptor

Rank IV

Promoter II

Aug 14, 2022
Reno, NV, USA
First Name
Ty
Last Name
Padilla

Our Broncos are like this:

"ITS LIKE TEARING LABELS OFF CANS; IT COULD BE TOMATOS IT COULD BE POTATOS; OUR BRONCOS COULD COME NEXT MONTH OR IN THE NEXT DECADE"

• Haha
Reactions: Jakob1972 and Mal

ChickasawNDN

Rank IV

Super Supporter II

Dec 4, 2021
Fairview TX
First Name
Diana
Last Name
Nutt
Member #

I received my "Order Received" email 10 months ago & it has been my only Ford communication. I havent even received an email telling me that my order is rolling over to a 2023. A simple acknowledgment email of the long wait could actually help a customer feel appreciated. I wouldn't even expect a monthly update but finding evidence of my existing order on the Ford website would go a long way. Customers like to be appreciated- Ford needs to go back to basics & respect their customers

tlowell01

Rank VI

Don't delete

Aug 22, 2020
Tempe, AZ, USA
First Name
Thomas
Last Name
Lowell
Member #

I remember when the wife and I went in and purchased a 91 Toyota Tercel. White, crank windows, a four speed and no radio. Only had AC. It was so awesome. $9675 and change out the door. We knew exactly what it cost them. Did the old switcheroo on him. The old good cop bad cop. It was so beautiful when he came back out from the sales mangers office begging for $75 more. When he asked us what $75 dollars more would be and that it wouldn’t kill us, my wife snapped back, “$75 is diapers for a month, what’s $75 to you” We didn’t pay the $75
When I bought my Escape back in '13, I had a hard out-the-door price of X that if they couldn't meet, no hard feelings, but I'd buy something else elsewhere. After a couple rounds of going to talk to the sales manager, he finally came back with their best price, which was $2K below X. I appreciated the discount, but I was also flabbergasted because I was crystal clear that I was happy to pay X if he could get there. o_O

• Haha
Reactions: TK1215 and Mal

Soggy

Rank III

Advocate II

Jul 9, 2020
Waynesboro, PA, USA
Www.Facebook.com
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Vores
Member #

I hope everyone gets their Broncos in a timely fashion. Ford has had time to figure this out and let us hope they take care of order holders before allocating any. If you want one you can order it. I know that seems back asswards for the normal, "sell them what is on the lot" mentality.

Don't delete

Apr 29, 2022
Laguna Seca, California, USA
First Name
Jeremy
Last Name
White
Member #

When is Ford going to announce they are going to do the right thing and at least leave allocations out of the mix for those of us that have been waiting since July 2020 ?
If you have the parts to build my Bronco , PLEASE build it !
+1. I'm not waiting but I don't understand this allocation nonsense. If a customer ordered a vehicle before others in line and and the parts are ready why the shenanigans. Probably why alot of Ford dealerships are shuttering their doors. On that note I wonder what happens to orders through dealerships that have since closed.

bronco11

Rank III

Supporter II

Sep 29, 2020
Oklahoma City, OK, USA
First Name
jewelrean
Last Name
hall
We can’t cape for ford anymore. They made this allocation formula, they came up with this roll out. Yes Covid effected things, however, the pandemic is over and it’s still a shitshow. There’s no rhyme or reason behind the method of getting pulled for production, dealers are left in the dark, this couldn’t have gone much worse- unless the product was poor. That’s the only thing saving ford right now.