Experience with Crawltek Bumpers??

cam.hunter
Feb 28, 2024
Author

Rank 0

Feb 28, 2024

Hey Bronco Nation! I've had my eye on Crawltek bumpers, and I'm curious to hear about your experiences. How's the install process? What about the fit and finish? How's it been treating you on and off the trails?

Always great to see how different setups look on our Broncos. Anything helps!

Rank II

Mar 12, 2024

I have been looking at this one too. To my eye, it's the best looking aftermarket bumper out there. The one thing holding me back is that it holds only a single pair of pocket lights. I am trying to find out if one can mount a light bar on top, but so far I have received no word from the company. When one calls their phone number, it is answered by an office-type person who has access to no more information than you or I do. They have been silent on email and Facebook.

Addendum: I got an answer from Crawltek about light bars. They have not tried to attach any, but suggested that it could be done by anyone who can fabricate brackets. This is a shame. I really think this is the best looking bumper there is and I'm sure it's well made, but provisions should have been made for more than one set of lights. I would have liked to have gotten this bumper, but I'm not a fabricator and anything I made would look like a Frankenstein job.

Bucephalus

Mar 12, 2024

It's a nice looking fab, but I'm not seriously considering it because it doesn't support a winch mount.

Rank II

Mar 12, 2024

It's a nice looking fab, but I'm not seriously considering it because it doesn't support a winch mount.

I didn't think so either, but the Crawltek skid plate made to go with the bumper supports a hidden winch tucked up under the vehicle. I was planning on the bumper alone because it looks fine with the stock skid plate and a winch would have been possible in the future. I wound up going with the Ford factory modular steel bumper.

Bucephalus

Mar 13, 2024

I didn't think so either, but the Crawltek skid plate made to go with the bumper supports a hidden winch tucked up under the vehicle. I was planning on the bumper alone because it looks fine with the stock skid plate and a winch would have been possible in the future. I wound up going with the Ford factory modular steel bumper.

Interesting.
You'd think they'd note that on the page for the bumper, because when I didn't see "winch capable" I never even looked at the skid plate.

And if I could find an OEM Modular Bumper (or even a good copy that wasn't a 75% likely chinese scam) I'd be going with that also. But I've been looking & haven't found anyone selling one anywhere near me.