ARB Badlands Build - Velocity Blue!

David
Mar 30, 2021

Rank VI

Mar 30, 2021

ARB did a build for Moab. Nice setup and they got one of their compressors under the hood. Also, according to ARB, these are frame mounted rock rails.

Ford Blurb on the Build:

Custom Bronco SUV by ARB 4x4 Accessories

High-performance off-road parts designed by ARB specifically for Bronco two- and four-door are featured in this custom Bronco Badlands four-door SUV including airbag-compliant front and rear bumpers, heavy duty rock sliders and differential cover, plus essential off-road accessories like an ARB twin compressor, jack and Zero refrigerator/freezer.

“These accessories represent years of design and engineering collaboration with the Ford team to build parts driven by the Bronco SUV off-road heritage and styling,” said Doug Pettis, president, ARB USA. “This design represents a practical yet capable vehicle that improves performance and enhances comfort off-road.”

Bronco Nation Pics:
ARB BL-1.jpg
ARB BL-2.jpg

ARB BL-3.jpg
ARB BL-4.jpg

Fancy Ford Pics:
MOAB-BLD-04.jpgMOAB-BLD-07.jpg
MOAB-BLD-38.jpg
MOAB-BLD-39.jpgMOAB-BLD-41.jpgMOAB-BLD-42.jpg
Bronco Nation Member #144
David in the Bronco Nation Forums
BroncoTroubadour on Instagram
ResidualGenius, Commodore

No Ragerts

Mar 30, 2021

Thanks for sharing @David
They really shoehorned that compressor under the hood, eh?
- 2023 Raptor / Shadow Black / MGV (DOB 8/30/23)
- 2023 Heritage Limited Edition / Robin’s Egg Blue / 4dr / (stolen from my dealer 11/15/23)
Commodore, Gutter Clown

Rank VI

Mar 30, 2021

Thanks for sharing @David
I think you posted the RTR pics (again) - this isn’t Velocity Blue.
Any pics of the compressor under the hood?

I hate 6AM embargoes.
Commodore, Buckin'

Rank VI

Mar 30, 2021

Some more:
MOAB-BLD-44.jpgMOAB-BLD-43.jpg
Gutter Clown, ATC Enthusiast

Rank VI

Mar 30, 2021

Awesome, thanks for the pics! Cool to see they found a way to squeeze the compressor in under the hood. (y)
Badlands, 2 door, 2.3L, Manual, High, Non-SAS, Tow Package, Roof Rails, MIC, Velocity Blue
Commodore, JR007

Moab or bust!!!

Mar 30, 2021

I hate 6AM embargoes.
I was just thinking that you were up pretty dang early this morning considering you are out west. Nice job though and appreciate your dedication!
2022 Bronco Badlands, 4D, Hot Pepper Red, 2.7, Squatch, Lux, and MIC.
7/13/2020 10:04pm reservation. Blend 6/16/2022 Delivered 6/26/2022.
Dealership - Stephen's Auto Center.
Commodore, Bschurr

Rank V

Mar 30, 2021

Is that the 2.7 with the compressor shoe horned in there? Also love that drawer in the back. Need some type of locking vault back there to give more lockable storage than just a glove box/center console combo.
4DR BL-Cactus Gray - Sas - 2.7 - 10 Spd - Lux - Soft Top
Res 7/14 - Ord 1/20 - VIN 8/26 - Sticker 10/12 - Blend 10/18
Commodore, Gutter Clown

Rank VI

Mar 31, 2021

Excuse the ignorance, but I have always wondered, what is the point of a different differential cover? Is it just for esthetics?
Raptor w/ lux package, orange belts. Code Orange.
BN #306
Commodore, Gutter Clown

Rank IV

Mar 31, 2021

Excuse the ignorance, but I have always wondered, what is the point of a different differential cover? Is it just for esthetics?
I was wondering the same thing and came across the answer on ARB's.

It is heavier duty than stock and can take more of a beating when going over rocks. I cannot remember if it was their Instagram page or somewhere else I read it.

So hard these days to keep straight where you read the information.
Commodore

Rank VI

Mar 31, 2021

I was wondering the same thing and came across the answer on ARB's.

It is heavier duty than stock and can take more of a beating when going over rocks. I cannot remember if it was their Instagram page or somewhere else I read it.

So hard these days to keep straight where you read the information.
This makes sense for this vehicle, but what about sports cars? I guess they could be more lightweight.
BN #306
Commodore

Moab or bust!!!

Mar 31, 2021

A lot of stock diff covers do not have fill and drain plugs. Having those plugs, make diff lube changes much easier. Otherwise you have to completely remove the cover to drain and then reseal it again.
Commodore, ATC Enthusiast

Rank VI

Mar 31, 2021

A lot of stock diff covers do not have fill and drain plugs. Having those plugs, make diff lube changes much easier. Otherwise you have to completely remove the cover to drain and then reseal it again.
Ah, didn't realize this. I just figured they all had fill/drain plugs. :LOL:
BN #306
Commodore, Gutter Clown

Rank IV

Mar 31, 2021

Forgot this was also in the description. Thanks for covering my shotty memory lol....
Commodore, Deano Bronc

Rank V

Apr 27, 2021

It’s a nice looking truck. But I prefer the 4WP truck! The lift and the fender delete along with the integrated parking system in the aftermarket bumpers was sick!
"The core of mans' spirit comes from new experiences."
Commodore

Rank IV

May 10, 2021

The ARB compressor looks nice.
2019 Ford F-150 Raptor
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands (reserved, ordered with note for My22)
ResidualGenius, SlashRacer

Road trip!!!

May 10, 2021

Anyone know if they had to move anything to get the compressor mounted there?
2021 Badlands, 4 door, 2.7L, Auto, LUX, SAS, Tow Package, MIC, Velocity Blue.

Home, home on the range

May 10, 2021

Just saw the Broncos again today and there is a space where they mounted the compressor so I don't think they had to move anything. They did have this on display as well. I didn't get a good pic of the interior

Attachments

2022 Bronco Black Diamond 2dr 2.3L manual Hot Pepper Red. Reserved 8/7/20. Ordered 1/23/21. Reordered 10/08/21. Scheduled week of January 24th 2022, delivered 2/24/2022
SlashRacer

Moab or bust!!!

May 10, 2021

Anyone know if they had to move anything to get the compressor mounted there?
I tried to take a picture of the area where the compressor is supposed to be mounted when I saw the Bronco in person but the picture really doesn't show the depth of that area. I'm going to another Bronco event fairly close to home on the 24th so maybe I can try to get a better picture. If I remember, I'll try to bring a tape measure along also.
Air Compressor Area.jpg
Commodore, SlashRacer

Road trip!!!

May 10, 2021

I tried to take a picture of the area where the compressor is supposed to be mounted when I saw the Bronco in person but the picture really doesn't show the depth of that area. I'm going to another Bronco event fairly close to home on the 24th so maybe I can try to get a better picture. If I remember, I'll try to bring a tape measure along also.
View attachment 12938
I’m going to a viewing in Vicksburg, MI on the 18th. I will bring a tape measure and spend more time going over it instead of being rushed through.
2021 Badlands, 4 door, 2.7L, Auto, LUX, SAS, Tow Package, MIC, Velocity Blue.
BroncoPA65, Deano Bronc

Rank V

May 11, 2021

View attachment 12938
I’m going to a viewing in Vicksburg, MI on the 18th. I will bring a tape measure and spend more time going over it instead of being rushed through.

Here is a downward view at the passenger side firewall in the 2.3L where the ARB compressor could go (not sure if you wanted the 2.7L though). There was a lot of room in there for it actually... More than I anticipated!

Attachments

Deano Bronc, SlashRacer