Apple Air Tag

SlashRacer
Jun 03, 2022

Road trip!!!

Jun 03, 2022

I’m in a Michigan Bronco Club on Facebook. One of the users had his bronco stolen.

Anyone using air tags or other devices for a tracker for their vehicles?
2021 Badlands, 4 door, 2.7L, Auto, LUX, SAS, Tow Package, MIC, Velocity Blue.
CarolinaCactusGreyBabe, Hobgoblin
Last edited by a moderator: Jun 03, 2022

I want to go back!

Jun 03, 2022

Yes. I have an Apple air tag hidden in my Bronco. However, can’t he track the Bronco using the Ford Pass app?
Maurino

Rank V

Jun 03, 2022

Not a bad idea to find a spot that has access to talk back, but you wouldn't find it unless you looked really close.
2D Base Mansquatch: Ord 11-24-2021; VIN 3-16-2022; Schd 5/9/22; Sticker 5/4/22; Modules 5/10/22;Built 5/11/22;Shipt 5/12/22;Delv 5/24/22

Burrito Connoisseur

Jun 03, 2022

I have a spare AirTag—bought one to track my parents old 6th gen F-100 that they use as a water hauler on their rural retirement property. But... apparently it needs nearby iPhones to actually work, and... well... there are no nearby iPhones in the middle-of-nowhere Arizona.

I was contemplating putting in my Bronco, but curious to know what others done.
2022 4dr Badlands, 2.3L Manual, Mid pkg
YouTube: youtube.com/@ragnarkon

Libations MOD

Jun 03, 2022

Ford Pass
WT HOSS 4dr 2.7 MIC Lux Tow
7/16/20 Res -- 1/22/21, 10/8/21 Order -- 3/24/22 VIN -- 5/9/22, 5/23/22, 5/16/22, 6/6/22, 6/17/22 Build 7/15/22 Delivered
Storm Factor - Never Stop Chasing! BrawnCo.Club 501c3 Pending
73chesney, 14U

Road trip!!!

Jun 03, 2022

Yes. I have an Apple air tag hidden in my Bronco. However, can’t he track the Bronco using the Ford Pass app?
They disabled the tracker. I watched a video and the police officer in the video recommended hiding the OB2 port in your vehicle. Not sure if there is a jammer or something that can be plugged in to it to disable it. Ie…..Forscan or something else.

Road trip!!!

Jun 03, 2022

They disabled the tracker. I watched a video and the police officer in the video recommended hiding the OB2 port in your vehicle. Not sure if there is a jammer or something that can be plugged in to it to disable it. Ie…..Forscan or something else.
NiceBronco, W.D.Murray

Rank V

Jun 03, 2022

Factory Alarm, FordPass GPS and Secure Alert early warning are decent first layers along with window tint.

NT Auto has specialized in vehicle theft deterrents for 30 years. We currently offer a couple security products right here on bronco nation that many other bronco owners from both forum venues enjoy on their rigs.

One product has a digital pedal lock security feature built in and the other is a low tech bronco specific traceable security label similar to Vin glass etch which we can also supply upon request. When the pedal lock is armed no one can drive off in your bronco, which is ultimately what you want in an auto security system. Links to both products below if interested. Our Memorial Day sale just ended but we will have another sale this Summer and regardless we offer sprint booster for less than any other authorized dealer in the nation. We also make the security labels in-house which normally ship same day.

Sprint Booster Thread (watch the pedal lock tutorial vid):
https://thebronconation.com/forums/...security-performance-wont-void-warranty.9080/
Bronco Traceable Security Label Thread:
https://thebronconation.com/forums/...rity-labels-made-exclusively-for-bronco.9406/

Tiffany
NT Automotive
Est. 1992
2021Bronco☆2.3☆BL☆7MT☆4D☆A51☆SoftT☆ARRIVED 9/9/21☆SOLD 1/21/23☆NT Supports▪Consults▪Supply's Car Dealers, Vehicle Distributors, and Retail Customers Since 1992
Classic28, mike8675309

Rank V

Jun 03, 2022

Btw he is totally wrong on hiding your vin. You would be better served to hide your license plate lol. In fact, hiding your vin could get you in trouble with law enforcement and hinder vehicle recovery if stolen. For what its worth, if doors off on your bronco, your vin is also located on and embedded into the barcode label on your driver door jamb...not just in the dash under front windshield on the driver side.

We've etched millions of vins onto car glass for decades because its a visual theft deterrent. Thief has to remove all the glass etched windows (expensive) in order to avoid tracking the vehicle identity when trying to resell it on the black market. Which is what most car thieves try to do, resell the stolen vehicle, not scrap it for parts. So they will go with an easier target without vin etch. Just wanted to share this note, mainly because my late father patented the method and apparatus to etch vin numbers into glass using chemical and laser based methods. Some hate it and some love it. Some got overcharged for it at their dealer which we frown upon, especially if no theft warranty (partial loss benefit) was included with the etch. Regardless, it works.
2021Bronco☆2.3☆BL☆7MT☆4D☆A51☆SoftT☆ARRIVED 9/9/21☆SOLD 1/21/23☆NT Supports▪Consults▪Supply's Car Dealers, Vehicle Distributors, and Retail Customers Since 1992

Rank V

Jun 04, 2022

I read where the thief can detect the air tag and there is software to disable it. True of false??

That's a terrible idea, when do we start?

Jun 04, 2022

I read where the thief can detect the air tag and there is software to disable it. True of false??
Certainly the thief can "detect" your apple AirTag anyone case, it's an "anti-stalking" measure on Apples part so that stalkers can't hide an AirTag in your car, or on your person with you noticing it. BTW, it's the same deal with AirPods. If there's another AirPod nearby for any length of time I get a message on my phone telling me about it. So, if you hide an AirTag in your car, and the thief has an iPhone, he's gonna know it's there. Then he doesn't need software, a hammer will do the trick once he finds it.
4 Door BadSquatch | Soft-top | Velocity Blue | 2.7 Auto | Towing | Lux | Leather

Road trip!!!

Jun 04, 2022

Certainly the thief can "detect" your apple AirTag anyone case, it's an "anti-stalking" measure on Apples part so that stalkers can't hide an AirTag in your car, or on your person with you noticing it. BTW, it's the same deal with AirPods. If there's another AirPod nearby for any length of time I get a message on my phone telling me about it. So, if you hide an AirTag in your car, and the thief has an iPhone, he's gonna know it's there. Then he doesn't need software, a hammer will do the trick once he finds it.
How long does an AirTag have to be near another iPhone before that iPhone gets the message?

Rank V

Jun 05, 2022

How long does an AirTag have to be near another iPhone before that iPhone gets the message?
I read it could take up to 20 minutes. But this was on the internet.
SlashRacer

Rank V

Jun 06, 2022

I believe Fordpass can be disabled - pull the fuse in the BCM. That's what they did when they tried to get my F150.

I got an Airtag in there now. I relocated my horn since it's so easy to pull the wire thru the grille.

Last, I got Ravelco installed. If they really want it, they'll flatbed it away.

Rank V

Jun 06, 2022

Btw he is totally wrong on hiding your vin. You would be better served to hide your license plate lol. In fact, hiding your vin could get you in trouble with law enforcement and hinder vehicle recovery if stolen. For what its worth, if doors off on your bronco, your vin is also located on and embedded into the barcode label on your driver door jamb...not just in the dash under front windshield on the driver side.

We've etched millions of vins onto car glass for decades because its a visual theft deterrent. Thief has to remove all the glass etched windows (expensive) in order to avoid tracking the vehicle identity when trying to resell it on the black market. Which is what most car thieves try to do, resell the stolen vehicle, not scrap it for parts. So they will go with an easier target without vin etch. Just wanted to share this note, mainly because my late father patented the method and apparatus to etch vin numbers into glass using chemical and laser based methods. Some hate it and some love it. Some got overcharged for it at their dealer which we frown upon, especially if no theft warranty (partial loss benefit) was included with the etch. Regardless, it works.
They found stolen vehicles in Nigeria with original license plates still on them. I'm sure the authorities look the other way,
Deano Bronc

Rank V

Jun 06, 2022

They found stolen vehicles in Nigeria with original license plates still on them. I'm sure the authorities look the other way,
It cost more to ship most stolen vehicles to Nigeria than the vehicle is worth.

The reason I mentioned hiding the license plate is because of the personal data associated with it is more valuable to protect than the vehicle identification number data. Hiding the vin number is not smart at all nor does hiding it really have any benefit. Car thieves are Not stealing 17 digit alpha-numeric vin numbers. The officer was wrong.

Libations MOD

Jun 06, 2022

If one wants an asset protection/location device there are way better options than Apple tags.
7/16/20 Res -- 1/22/21, 10/8/21 Order -- 3/24/22 VIN -- 5/9/22, 5/23/22, 5/16/22, 6/6/22, 6/17/22 Build 7/15/22 Delivered
JoergH, NT AUTOMOTIVE

Moab or bust!!!

Jun 06, 2022

If one wants an asset protection/location device there are way better options than Apple tags.
Exactly! Not sure what the price of bananas right now, but cheaper than many options. :cool:
2022 Bronco Badlands, 4D, Hot Pepper Red, 2.7, Squatch, Lux, and MIC.
7/13/2020 10:04pm reservation. Blend 6/16/2022 Delivered 6/26/2022.
Dealership - Stephen's Auto Center.
Big Papa, 14U

Libations MOD

Jun 06, 2022

Exactly! Not sure what the price of bananas right now, but cheaper than many options. :cool:
Absolutely the TRUNK MONKEY!!!!
14U, NiceBronco

Life is a Highway

Jun 06, 2022

Whoooooooooo I think I just shit myself!
ResidualGenius, Big Papa