Don't delete

Jul 13, 2020
Lago Vista, TX, USA
First Name
CJ
Last Name
Frost
Member #

Hearne is near waco, seems like it has to pass Austin to get to SA exciting stuff I wonder if it went thru Alliance rail yard last night as well.
I think it would be very interesting to know the routing. Pretty sure the train stopped in Dallas last night. Can't imagine its going from SA to Houston...maybe, but I would think there are enough destined for Houston to get their own routing.

gshorn

Rank 0

Advocate II

Oct 23, 2020
Houston, TX, USA
First Name
Herb
Last Name
Petry
I think it would be very interesting to know the routing. Pretty sure the train stopped in Dallas last night. Can't imagine its going from SA to Houston...maybe, but I would think there are enough destined for Houston to get their own routing.
Studying BNSF rail system Alliance and Houston are their 2 main terminals in Texas.

Reactions: Deano Bronc

cdrdan71

Rank IV

Super Supporter II

Jul 27, 2020
Burleson, Texas, USA
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Whitehurst
Member #

There was a 4 door Black Diamond Sasquatch at Autonation Fort Worth (by community college) this morning. Not sure if it was a mannequin or not.

Reactions: gshorn

UpNOver

Rank II

Advocate III

May 20, 2021
Sanger Texas
First Name
David
Last Name
Smith
Anybody down in SA near the railyard? Dying to know if the Bronc's are off the train car yet....
Both a Denton Texas and Gainesville Texas dealers received units Thursday so it’s a good sign there trickling in .

gshorn

Rank 0

Advocate II

Oct 23, 2020
Houston, TX, USA
First Name
Herb
Last Name
Petry
Lago is that yours? congrats my dealer says mine has nut updated still showing Ft Worth, did you get an update on the tracker or dealer just called and they had it?

LagoCJ

Rank V

Don't delete

Jul 13, 2020
Lago Vista, TX, USA
First Name
CJ
Last Name
Frost
Member #

Lago is that yours? congrats my dealer says mine has nut updated still showing Ft Worth, did you get an update on the tracker or dealer just called and they had it?
Yup...Skwach has arrived. Just in time to get his first TX bath in a 'heavens opened' rain storm. Last info the dealer had was Friday when the Ford shipping tracker showed that the train had reach Kirby (SA rail station). Then, the Bronco just suddenly appeared on the lot this morning.

Observations so far:
Dealership - Can't say enough good about Covert. Sales staff was amazing (Josh), Accessories and Delivery (Sam)...could not have gone better at the dealership.
Public Reaction - People were literally slamming on their brakes on US183 to stop and take a look. Amazing how much people want this truck. Caution...cops pay a LOT of attention! :) (made a couple of new friends)
Quality - Some typical issues, but I don't see any big gotchas. Because I got totally dumped on with an insane rain event on my way home, I can say no leaks or immediate concerns about the storm proofing of the hard top. The hard top doesn't show any delam or obvious issues.
Driving it - A M A Z I N G....being a long term Wrangler driver, it is night and day. Definitely driving a truck, but a truck that is well dialed in and even with the big Skwach tires, feel planted and no crazy roll in corners. Steering and turning is excellent in parking lot conditions and the cameras make getting around tight spots simple and easy.

Other questions...
The tires (GY Territory MT) show as 35psi max pressure on GY's site, and the door sticker says 39psi max. The tires are way overinflated from the factory and have had to bring them down to <40. Waiting to hear an official stance about GY's max of 35 vs Ford's 39.

FordPass and Tech setup was crazy simple and maybe I have uneducated ears, but the B&O setup sounds great, with good range and bass response. Definitely equal to the Harman high end setup in my M4.

Will post more pics once the weather breaks a bit...don't want TX hail damage on day one

Last edited: