anyone else notice the HEAD REST ANGLE

TrailReady
Aug 16, 2021

Rank V

Aug 16, 2021

On BRONCO manuel seat serious angle/tilt pushes headrest forward.

Anyone else notice...
My neck did.
Pushes top back of head, chin into chest type thing.
broncoCrzy

Rank VI

Aug 16, 2021

Saw it on a video.
2022 Jeep JLR, manual with even more extra guacamole
Sold - 2021 Jeep JLR, manual w/extra guacamole

Rank V

Aug 16, 2021

Not sure what you mean? I think the seats and headrest in my OBX are more comfortable then my '21 F20 Lariat ultimate leather. I am very pleased with the Navy Pier cloth.
Ability is Nothing without Honor
Blitzjb

Rank III

Aug 17, 2021

It’s adjustable. You pull all the way forward and it resets back vertical.

Attachments

Bronco#1, 14U

Rank VI

Aug 17, 2021

C458FECC-6F1F-4CA0-8CA7-096B0C8EF594.gif
Bronco Nation Member #144
David in the Bronco Nation Forums
BroncoTroubadour on Instagram
Dimo302, Jruta

Rank V

Aug 17, 2021

It’s adjustable. You pull all the way forward and it resets back vertical.
I asked sales guy this question.
No help.

And tried myself to adjust it.
No movement
(and yes familiar with others vehicles adjusting like that)

It was the manuel seat! Cloth
Tried what that video showed.
With two hands tried.
No movement.
Ditchrunner, EZAPAR

Rank V

Aug 17, 2021

Not sure what you mean? I think the seats and headrest in my OBX are more comfortable then my '21 F20 Lariat ultimate leather. I am very pleased with the Navy Pier cloth.
The headrest. Not seat cushion.
If you like the headrest pushed all the way forward like in those pics/video fine for you.

But tilted angle forward only
Deal breaker.

For whats it's worth
Unless that headrest had a button to release movement...
And i missed that button...
It would not move by pressing it like in the video.

As a previous ford owner.
Have had F150 & F250 base seats were ok.
There newer base seats not good for me.

Of course a 10 way power seat will have more configurations...
But if the base seat sucks....
The better seat trim is $5000 more...
expensive for a decent seat.
Ditchrunner

Rank V

Aug 17, 2021

Ps...i didnt try kicking it to see if it was stuck... ;)
Good luck to all those waiting for a vehicle you hope will meet YOUR expectations.

I had zero expectations going and looking at it. Meaning open minded. Without pre-assuming.

And came away not interested.
Saw a wild trac.

Oh the wobbly window is another topic. Nothing like feeling the window wobble while opening and closing the door.
First thing i noticed.

...dont get all bent...its just feedback
Pazzo

Rank II

Aug 17, 2021

I had an 09 f150 with non adjustable head rests. I took off the head rests and bent them back to allow my head to tilt up. Shortly after sold it as a result of the lousy neck angle that was causing cervical misery. Later found forums with similar complaints. next vehicles have adjustable. I wonder if there are any aftermarket considerations..?? Not bronco yet but I am sure somebody can make one.
ebrs929, Bronc96

Rank 0

Aug 22, 2021

A Bronco that I sat in had a headrest that was not adjustable. It was uncomfortable and would probably have to be reversed to be usable. Bad design. I later heard someone say that the leather seat option has adjustable head rests. I hope so.

Rank VI

Aug 22, 2021

I asked sales guy this question.
No help.

And tried myself to adjust it.
No movement
(and yes familiar with others vehicles adjusting like that)

It was the manuel seat! Cloth
Tried what that video showed.
With two hands tried.
No movement.

I agree with you.

The Wildtrak I drove at the offroadeo did not have an adjustable headrest. I tried adjusting it and it wouldn't move like it does in my explorer.
Wildtrak, 4DR, Iconic Silver, High, Camo Seats.

Rank V

Aug 22, 2021

Ps...i didnt try kicking it to see if it was stuck... ;)
Good luck to all those waiting for a vehicle you hope will meet YOUR expectations.

I had zero expectations going and looking at it. Meaning open minded. Without pre-assuming.

And came away not interested.
Saw a wild trac.

Oh the wobbly window is another topic. Nothing like feeling the window wobble while opening and closing the door.
First thing i noticed.

...dont get all bent...its just feedback
If yours won't adjust, take it to your Ford dealer for warranty repair.
The window thing is what you get with a frameless window door design. Not defending one way or the other, just stating this is what happens with a frameless window. I've never seen a convertible that doesn't have this, other than the early Broncos (pre-78). Probably why the early broncos have that visually unnecessary window frame when the top is off and windows down.
7/14/20 Res, took delivery 4/7/22!!
A51 2 door Badlands, 2.7L, Sasquatch, Lux, MGV, MIC, Roof Rails, Tow
Rydfree

Rank V

Aug 22, 2021

The window thing is what you get with a frameless window door design. Not defending one way or the other, just stating this is what happens with a frameless window. I've never seen a convertible that doesn't have this, other than the early Broncos (pre-78). Probably why the early broncos have that visually unnecessary window frame when the top is off and windows down.
Actually, thinking of the windows, if I recall correctly, my Mom's 76 VW bug convertible had a metal window frame attached to the glass that rolled up and down with it? Been a lot of years since I've seen that car...
7/14/20 Res, took delivery 4/7/22!!
A51 2 door Badlands, 2.7L, Sasquatch, Lux, MGV, MIC, Roof Rails, Tow

Rank 0

Sep 17, 2021

Did our Moab Off-Rodeo last weekend. It was great and we were really impressed. We were in a Badlands, Sasquatch, with manual seat and NO Headrest adjustment. In fact I asked our guide and he confirmed they are not adjustable. I am 6'2, longer in the torso, and these head rests were horrible for me. Pushed my chin down into my chest. Fortunately our build includes the adjustable ones, but it would certainly be a deal breaker for me on my own truck if it did not.

Moab or bust!!!

Sep 17, 2021

Did our Moab Off-Rodeo last weekend. It was great and we were really impressed. We were in a Badlands, Sasquatch, with manual seat and NO Headrest adjustment. In fact I asked our guide and he confirmed they are not adjustable. I am 6'2, longer in the torso, and these head rests were horrible for me. Pushed my chin down into my chest. Fortunately our build includes the adjustable ones, but it would certainly be a deal breaker for me on my own truck if it did not.
Do some seats have adjustable headrests and some don't?
2022 Bronco Badlands, 4D, Hot Pepper Red, 2.7, Squatch, Lux, and MIC.
7/13/2020 10:04pm reservation. Blend 6/16/2022 Delivered 6/26/2022.
Dealership - Stephen's Auto Center.

Life is a Highway

Sep 17, 2021

I am pretty sure they are all the same and are spring loaded. Why would they make different ones? If anything it would have to be a PP model
Hobgoblin, Deano Bronc

Rank V

Sep 17, 2021

I am pretty sure they are all the same and are spring loaded. Why would they make different ones? If anything it would have to be a PP model

Maybe it's a trim level thing?
Wildtrak ⁞ 4 DR ⁞ HOSS 3.0 ⁞ Area51 ⁞ Lux+Leather ⁞ Tow ⁞ MIC+Sunrider Top ⁞ Res 5/11/21, Rec'd 9/30/22
Sooner

Rank V

Sep 17, 2021

I'm just trying to understand the OP's unusual sentence structure.
Seems weird
Hard to fathom
Kind of like poetry
Where nothing rhymes.
CVSaporito, TangerineScream

Rank 0

Jan 21, 2022

If your headrest pushes your head too far forward and it doesn't have tilt adjustment (or not enough adjustment), this could help you ....

Fix Headrest angles

Rank VI

Jan 22, 2022

It’s really only “modern” frameless windows that have this problem because the engineers over complicated the systems with the auto roll down and having the glass rest above the roof line. My first car was a 73 Torino 2dr with frameless manual windows on doors that were almost 6 feet long. Never hung up on opening unless there was a lot of ice hanging off the roof, and never leaked in the rain when up. But you know the motto of most new engineers “Fix it till it’s broke” :ROFLMAO:
22 Black Diamond 2dr non sas w tow and roof rails.
KennyMac, Sdakotabronco