Anyone else have trouble choosing a color?

CDR

Rank II

Super Supporter II

May 20, 2020
Hubbard, OR, USA
I am boring and I always worry about getting a color that I would get sick of. I went black. It looks stealthy. Then again, I always get black cars ... LOL!
I have had at least one black car/truck since '90 when I bought our '82 Scrambler then T-bird, F-150, X3. Three of our current rigs are black, F-250, Mustang GT, and the Jeep. Change of pace so Cactus Gray it is.

Jboohound

Rank II

Supporter I

Feb 15, 2022
California, USA
First Name
Josh
Last Name
Monfredini
I originally had Area 51 but then changed to eruption green. I kinda feel everyone on the Bronco planet ordered in Area 51. It's a cool color though but the green has kinda grown on me. Doesn't matter though... I've been waiting since July of 2020. Who knows when my Bronco will ever arrive...lol :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

tlowell01

Rank VI

Don't delete

Aug 22, 2020
Tempe, AZ, USA
First Name
Thomas
Last Name
Lowell
Member #

Cactus Gray because it close to Haze Gray from my Navy days. There is a reference to it being called Fighter Gray on Mustangs a few years ago.
Nothing to do with aesthetics, but as an Arizonan, I simply can't tolerate the logical fallacy of Cactus grey. Maybe if there was some background green in it, I'd have a different reaction, but cacti are green, not grey. Even if they have a dense coverage of needles that shade the green in grey, the foundational color is still green. I'd have the same reaction "Lava Blue" or "Purple sun".

<personal opinion> I've never liked grey scale colors on cars, so right off the bat that eliminated Oxford White, Shadow Black, Carbonized Grey, Iconic Silver. See above for Cactus Grey. Different logical fallacy for Cyber Orange (sorry it ain't orange, its straight up yellow. Maybe if that had called it Cyber Yellow...). Originally, I thought Area 51, but when I saw it in person, I just didn't like it very much. That left antimatter blue, rapid red, race red, and velocity blue. I nixed AMB for being too dark, and I ended up with a 2022, so it wouldn't have mattered anyway. Rapid Red was too close to my current Escape, and I want something different. Hence, Race Red vs Velocity Blue, which just happens to be the <arguably> two brightest colors offered.

I probably would have gone with the green if it was just a few shades lighter, but the hue they chose just didn't do it for me.

Again, these are my personal opinions. The most important thing about choosing a color is that you choose the color that is YOUR favorite color!

Function_7

Rank II

Super Supporter II

Oct 14, 2021
Bow City
First Name
James
Last Name
Alato
I was originally having trouble deciding between Cactus Grey and Area 51, so much so that I delayed ordering. Then they released the MY22 colours, and I put my money down on Eruption Green immediately.
It'll be my third green vehicle--if it ever comes

ebrs929

Rank II

Super Supporter II

May 11, 2021
NC
First Name
Erin
Last Name
Schneider
Same! I wanted to keep it the same as my dad's bronco from when I was little (pale blue, steelies and white top). A51 was the closest to that, but I also felt like EVERYONE was choosing that (along with CG).
I wentI Iconic Silver because I like my current silver Ford, not many people chose it, and I hope to one day put a matte wrap on it, which would make it look more nostalgic for me.

Reactions: Darrel

MarkPS

Rank IV

Don't delete

Mar 6, 2022
Richmond, VA, USA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Spangler
Same! I wanted to keep it the same as my dad's bronco from when I was little (pale blue, steelies and white top). A51 was the closest to that, but I also felt like EVERYONE was choosing that (along with CG).
I wentI Iconic Silver because I like my current silver Ford, not many people chose it, and I hope to one day put a matte wrap on it, which would make it look more nostalgic for me.
I like that iconic silver isn't a big color choice. By the way, It sucks, and is ugly so nobody order it !!!

The Bronc

Rank II

Supporter I

Feb 9, 2022
USA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Joseph
So, I went Area 51 and I love it but, if I did it again I'd go Eruption Green. I've seen it on a Big Bronco and it really has depth!
I was torn between Eruption Green and Hot Chili Pepper Red. I went with Eruption Green. I had the opportunity to see it in person and it was amazing! I am still intrigued by Hot Chili Pepper Red, but am glad I have ordered the Eruption Green.

Darrel

Rank VI

Champion II

Sep 14, 2021
New Mexico
First Name
LAURI
Last Name
RECTOR
Member #

The mannequin at my dealership was Cactus Gray. On-line photos were meh. But, I really liked it when I saw it in person. Red was my color for a Jeep - a YJ for 14 years and a JKUR for almost 6 years. My husband was always saying getting a green one whenever I was buying a vehicle - yuck!! I wanted the Bronco to be different. So, I went with CG. But, I really like all of the colors. The CG looks different in different lights - in the garage, in a parking lot, on cloudy days, on sunny days. So, I'm happy with my choice - but, while waiting for it, I was doubting it.

Reactions: CDR

SIDJake

Rank IV

Advocate III

Feb 25, 2022
Nashville, TN, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Lovell
Member #

I wanted the Saber Orange (Mustang Color) instead of Cyber (School Bus) Orange and Ford said No. So wrapping or paint job it will be when it ever arrives.
I saw a Cyber Orange out in the wild the other night and I have to agree, very much School Bus yellow.

• Sad
Reactions: 73chesney

73chesney

Rank VI

Champion III

Apr 30, 2021
Slinger, Wisconsin, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Chesney
Member #

I struggled. Love Area 51 and Cactus grey but guessed everyone would want them. My wife knows my personality and said "you know you want the orange" so we got it and it is amazing. More orange then yellow in person and the metallic pops in the sun. I am also a fan of the desert tan and egreen but nether was an option when I got my VIN. Best of luck. I've found that the stance matters as much or more than the color. Just my opinion. The squatch package fills the wheel wells nicely and looks super tough. If I did not get the sasquatch package I would have been investing in lift, tires, wheels, gears...

Mandogus

Rank IV

Don't delete

Jun 14, 2021
Massachusetts
First Name
William
Last Name
Drzyzga
I was torn between Eruption Green and Hot Chili Pepper Red. I went with Eruption Green. I had the opportunity to see it in person and it was amazing! I am still intrigued by Hot Chili Pepper Red, but am glad I have ordered the Eruption Green.
In the sunlight is where HPR shines. Eruption green is also a great color. But I had 3 vehicles in a row green so I had to switch it up.

Reactions: CDR and Darrel

mgraced

Rank III

Supporter II

Dec 28, 2021
New Hampshire, USA
First Name
Grace
Last Name
Preston
I am actually glad I went with Black. Seems no one else is ordering a Black one. LOL.
I also just don't like standing out or calling attention to me. While I love the Eruption Green and some of the other colors, they are just a bit too flash for me.

Reactions: CDR and Darrel

Jakob1972

Rank VI

Champion I

Aug 17, 2020
Guadalupe River State Park TX, USA
First Name
Steven
Last Name
Jakob
Member #

I am actually glad I went with Black. Seems no one else is ordering a Black one. LOL.
I also just don't like standing out or calling attention to me. While I love the Eruption Green and some of the other colors, they are just a bit too flash for me.
I saw an all Black Big Bend with wheels tires and lift that looked super cool. I even like the Base Headlights. Black looks good,

Reactions: Darrel and mgraced

TBoneBronc

Rank III

Advocate II

Aug 12, 2021
Phoenix, AZ
First Name
Terry
Last Name
Weir
Member #

AntiMatter Blue with a Gloss Black Painted hardtop - 2021 Order. That would have been slick.
Stuck with '22 colors now so Carbonized Gray it is. I just can't quite get behind Hot Pepper Red, though it might be great on a BRaptor.

Bayoujim

Rank III

Advocate II

Oct 9, 2021
Lutz, Florida, United States
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Holloway
Member #

Cyber orange 2 door badlands should be here next week. I was on the fence until I seen a 2 door didn’t care for the 4 door orange. I hope they drop that color next year. I won’t sell it. It can stand by my 1973 till my grand kids sell it.

Reactions: CDR