Anyone else had their Bronco First Edition reservation hijacked by the delivery dealership?

SendIt
May 11, 2021

Rank 0

May 11, 2021

Anyone else had a dealership make unauthorized changes to their reservations before submitting the order to Ford for production? Then to add insult to injury tag on a $10K markup for the privilege of buying the Bronco First Edition that they used your reservation to spec for their lot?

Today, I found out from Ford that the dealer I selected as the delivery dealership when reserving my First Edition Bronco on Ford.com had made unauthorized changes to my reservation and then presented those changes to Ford as having come from, or been authorized by me when submitting the order for production. Not only did they change the color, but they also changed it from a 2 door to a 4 door Bronco and since they made these changes while submitting it for production, they cannot be changed or cancelled and my build reservation has been used.

Ford says they are looking in to what can be done, but right now it looks like not only am I going to lose my reservation to this shady dealership, but they are also going to get to keep the Bronco First Edition they spec'd with my slot along with my deposit.

What sucks is I followed the new Bronco since it was a rumor, patiently waited to get my reservation for the First Edition so that I could spec a 2-Door the way I wanted it, and now 2 weeks before it's scheduled for production I find out that the dealership slipped the change from 2 to 4 doors in to the production order without my knowledge and wants a $10K markup for my having made the mistake of selecting them as the delivery dealership, since they are nearby. All without having made any contact with me.

First stolen Bronco First Edition perhaps?
KennyMac, tbk115

Rank V

May 11, 2021

To answer your last question, no.

You did not convert your reservation to an order before the deadline?
'21 AMB Basesquatch 2 Door. 2.7. 569 days from reservation to delivery
Commodore

Rank V

May 11, 2021

Anyone else had a dealership make unauthorized changes to their reservations before submitting the order to Ford for production? Then to add insult to injury tag on a $10K markup for the privilege of buying the Bronco First Edition that they used your reservation to spec for their lot?

Today, I found out from Ford that the dealer I selected as the delivery dealership when reserving my First Edition Bronco on Ford.com had made unauthorized changes to my reservation and then presented those changes to Ford as having come from, or been authorized by me when submitting the order for production. Not only did they change the color, but they also changed it from a 2 door to a 4 door Bronco and since they made these changes while submitting it for production, they cannot be changed or cancelled and my build reservation has been used.

Ford says they are looking in to what can be done, but right now it looks like not only am I going to lose my reservation to this shady dealership, but they are also going to get to keep the Bronco First Edition they spec'd with my slot along with my deposit.

What sucks is I followed the new Bronco since it was a rumor, patiently waited to get my reservation for the First Edition so that I could spec a 2-Door the way I wanted it, and now 2 weeks before it's scheduled for production I find out that the dealership slipped the change from 2 to 4 doors in to the production order without my knowledge and wants a $10K markup for my having made the mistake of selecting them as the delivery dealership, since they are nearby. All without having made any contact with me.

So you did or didn't submit an order, or you just had a reservation? If you had placed an order, do you have the dealer order/build sheets? You should have been emailed those once the build was agreed upon and ordered.
2D BL, Sas, 2.7l, High, Silver 10:22pm 7/13/20 Res, 1/31 2/7 2/14 2/28 3/7 build dates
built 3/11/22, delivered 4/16/22
Guelde96, Boogeyman1

Rank II

May 11, 2021

So you did or didn't submit an order, or you just had a reservation? If you had placed an order, do you have the dealer order/build sheets? You should have been emailed those once the build was agreed upon and ordered.
Agreed, I had a day-1 reservation for a 2dr FE. Converted to an order beginning of March with a build sheet confirmation. No line of sight for production, however.
G.O.A.T.

Rank 0

May 11, 2021

I was not contacted by anyone regarding my reservation besides Ford and I was never asked to submit my order. The only notices, emails or phone calls that I received were from Ford. I was contacted once regarding a change that had been made to the reservation due to the change in color options, then again with this last notice saying it had been scheduled for production. Today was the first time I spoke to the dealership, and I contacted them.

When I was talking with Ford and looking at the order, it says that the dealership submitted the order as if they were authorized by me "by phone" to make the change to the order, but when I spoke to the dealership they said they hadn't been able to get in touch with me. Now, I don't typically answer calls from numbers I don't recognize, but if someone leaves a message that isn't a scam I do respond and my email also works just fine, yet I hadn't heard a word from the dealership.
Deano Bronc, okie4570

Rank II

May 11, 2021

Sounds like the Ford dealership did not guide you through the process properly :(
G.O.A.T.
Rgwinn

Libations MOD

May 11, 2021

So you never did an order build?? just had a reservation?? There is a wealth of information on here and other forums with dates and I got emails with dates we had to order by for my reservation to be held. Did you not get these?? So guessing then you failed to meet the build order deadline?? I don't see it being stolen if you failed to meet the deadlines, but for the dealership to just take an FE is BS too
WT HOSS 4dr 2.7 MIC Lux Tow
7/16/20 Res -- 1/22/21, 10/8/21 Order -- 3/24/22 VIN -- 5/9/22, 5/23/22, 5/16/22, 6/6/22, 6/17/22 Build 7/15/22 Delivered
Storm Factor - Never Stop Chasing! BrawnCo.Club 501c3 Pending
KennyMac, 1Five1 Garage

Rank V

May 11, 2021

That sounds like a 6 figure or multiple 6 figure lawsuit you have. I would talk to a lawyer asap, and stop posting here....send it!
LR48, 95'/21' BRONCO BOI

Rank VI

May 11, 2021

Sounds like the Ford dealership did not guide you through the process properly :(
Wonder how many others are out there? I believe it’s an 80/20 thing, only about 20% of the people that reserved a Bronco are active on forums, or FB groups, to try to get information.
Ordered: 4-Door First Edition - Rapid Red - Black Seats - MIC Top - Build Date: 10/25
In Garage: ‘62 Red Vette - ‘07 Black Shelby Ragtop - ‘21 F150 Platinum PowerBoost - Rapid Red
TheBoss1138, Boogeyman1

Rank V

May 11, 2021

Wonder how many others are out there? I believe it’s an 80/20 thing, only about 20% of the people that reserved a Bronco are active on forums, or FB groups, to try to get information.
You are generous. Maybe 10% at best participate. The rest are lemmings, victims of their own ignorance. Some dealers are going to have a hay day....
95'/21' BRONCO BOI, 1Five1 Garage

Rank V

May 11, 2021

Here lies the start of First Edition Issues. We saw it with the Supra and the C8 where dealers wanted 10-20k more for the vehicles. Some as high as 40K. Sad think is that there are people willing to pay that to get the first one out there. My wife sat down at the Dealership and went line by line with the rep entering the info for our.

On a side note Ford really needed to have a way customers would be able to access there build specs, in real time, to see if all is well. The "On order" label doesn't really give enough info. I guess Ford trusted the dealerships a little to much.
Bronco Badlands, Bronco Black Diamond, Bronco Big Bend, & Bronco Sport Badlands
www.youtube.com/1five1garage
Tme, okie4570

Rank V

May 11, 2021

I went over our order line by line with the dealer over the phone, he then emailed it to sign and emailed it back. A couple weeks later I changed from the mid package interior to high, he made the change, emailed the new order with the change for me to sign and I emailed it back. I would imagine this issue with your FE has most likely occurred more than once.
2D BL, Sas, 2.7l, High, Silver 10:22pm 7/13/20 Res, 1/31 2/7 2/14 2/28 3/7 build dates
built 3/11/22, delivered 4/16/22
Boogeyman1, 1Five1 Garage

Rank V

May 21, 2021

I have brought up the question many times, "what happens to unclaimed FE reservations?" Now we know. The dealer gets them. And will mark them up like crazy.
It's unfortunate you missed the calls from your dealer, but if you never converted to an order, that's unfortunately on you. The deadline to place your order was clearly and repeatedly communicated from Ford to the email address you used to make your reservation. If you were so interested in a new Bronco, why would you never look into what the ordering process entails? Are you now nearly a year later saying, "Oh yeah, didn't I reserve a Bronco a while back?" Once you missed the deadline, you should have been refunded your $100 reservation fee at which point the Bronco is no longer yours. If you had placed an order and then this happened, then you would have grounds for a lawsuit.
7/14/20 Res, took delivery 4/7/22!!
A51 2 door Badlands, 2.7L, Sasquatch, Lux, MGV, MIC, Roof Rails, Tow

Rank VI

May 21, 2021

I was not contacted by anyone regarding my reservation besides Ford and I was never asked to submit my order. The only notices, emails or phone calls that I received were from Ford. I was contacted once regarding a change that had been made to the reservation due to the change in color options, then again with this last notice saying it had been scheduled for production. Today was the first time I spoke to the dealership, and I contacted them.

When I was talking with Ford and looking at the order, it says that the dealership submitted the order as if they were authorized by me "by phone" to make the change to the order, but when I spoke to the dealership they said they hadn't been able to get in touch with me. Now, I don't typically answer calls from numbers I don't recognize, but if someone leaves a message that isn't a scam I do respond and my email also works just fine, yet I hadn't heard a word from the dealership.
For someone that has been waiting for the Bronco since it was announced and having a FE Res I suspected you to be more aware of the date and times to order.

I get that your mad about it but if you didn't hear from your dealer by March and you wanted your FE than I would of reached out to them. Ford even extended the deadline to April...

They probably figured you gave up and didn't want it anymore but your 100$ deposit should of been refunded in that case.

Hopefully you can get it worked out and sorry to hear that. I would say you have a good case to get your reservation reinstated if they didn't refund your deposit and instead were planning on keeping it as the reservation deposit was fully refundable until it becomes an order.
Wildtrak, 4DR, Iconic Silver, High, Camo Seats.
KennyMac

Life is a Highway

May 21, 2021

I was contacted by dealer after I placed reservation. Stayed in contact over the months and touched bases. When conversions to orders opened up I called my contact person and scheduled a date and time to sit down and review and check the boxes. Went in sat down with my build sheet. Converted my order, agreed on the price and placed my order. Received build sheet and emails from dealership and Ford That day. And have been in contact and made a change to the order. Cut and dry. You can’t rely or expect anyone to get it done. Stay on top of it is always best.
KennyMac, DRWright

Rank V

May 21, 2021

First off sorry to hear you lost your FE spot... BUT if you didn’t change your reservation to an order? This is all on you. You knew enough to be a there early enough for a FE spot but didn’t know enough to convert you reservation over. They even extended the date Once. Yes it sucks they didn’t call you to let you know but they don’t have to... your order was not used and they have claimed it. I have a maxed out badlands and new through every step when to order it. The extension and what would possibly hold up my order. You should have watched my videos, they would have told you all about it.
Bronco Badlands, Bronco Black Diamond, Bronco Big Bend, & Bronco Sport Badlands
www.youtube.com/1five1garage
KennyMac, DRWright

Life is a Highway

May 21, 2021

First off sorry to hear you lost your FE spot... BUT if you didn’t change your reservation to an order? This is all on you. You knew enough to be a there early enough for a FE spot but didn’t know enough to convert you reservation over. They even extended the date Once. Yes it sucks they didn’t call you to let you know but they don’t have to... your order was not used and they have claimed it. I have a maxed out badlands and new through every step when to order it. The extension and what would possibly hold up my order. You should have watched my videos, they would have told you all about it.
Exactly
KennyMac, DRWright

Home, home on the range

May 21, 2021

The dealer mark-up wasn't discussed before? That was one of my first questions before I even reserved mine. It's too bad this happened but at least you didn't get stuck with a non refundable deposit
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 2dr 2.3L manual Hot Pepper Red. Reserved 8/7/20. Ordered 1/23/21. Reordered 10/08/21. Scheduled week of January 24th 2022, delivered 2/24/2022
PSUTE

Rank V

May 21, 2021

The dealer mark-up wasn't discussed before? That was one of my first questions before I even reserved mine. It's too bad this happened but at least you didn't get stuck with a non refundable deposit
This. Exactly. I was locked in on price months before I ordered. Invoice. Learned up in here that switching dealers was easy before the actual order...
BuzzyBud, Sdakotabronco