Any Wildtrak’s in production yet?

Advocate II

May 15, 2021
Dallas, TX
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Bowe
Went to my Dealer Saturday morning to see if they might shed any light on my order 1 week after the NOTHING EMAIL from Ford…

First Night Reservation (+/- 2 to 3 hours) - Order Email Accepted by Ford 2/1/21
Wildtrak 4 dr - Area51 - LUX - 2.7 - HD Bumper - Tow - MIC Hardtop - Leather

The Mgr at the Dealer said I have all the commodity constraints that are delaying the build. He thinks I will get a “MY22 that may” deliver before the end of the Calendar Year 2021…

So much for all the hype with Early Reservations and the super hyped Sasquatch Package…

I am still in. Maybe, by some crazy chance, it will arrive sooner than this later projection. At least the Dealer was willing to give me their best guesstimate…

Good luck Everyone! This is starting to feel more and more like a lottery…

ResidualGenius

Rank VI

Champion II

Dec 15, 2020
Denver, CO, USA
First Name
Zach
Last Name
Loescher
Member #

First Night Reservation (+/- 2 to 3 hours) - Order Email Accepted by Ford 2/1/21
yup, I've given up hope waiting for the weekly build email for my WT (4dr, 2.7, MIC, LUX, Tow, Leather) and really don't think I will see it until early 2022. Even if we could get the soft-top with wiring/plumbing, I still wouldn't change as it'll be nearly impossible to get a hard-top for a good couple of years, I'd guess

DRWright

Rank VI

Champion I

Aug 13, 2020
Higley Hot Dog, East Williams Field Road, Gilbert, AZ, USA
First Name
Donovan
Last Name
Wright
Member #

Went to my Dealer Saturday morning to see if they might shed any light on my order 1 week after the NOTHING EMAIL from Ford…

The Mgr at the Dealer said I have all the commodity constraints that are delaying the build. He thinks I will get a “MY22 that may” deliver before the end of the Calendar Year 2021…

So much for all the hype with Early Reservations and the super hyped Sasquatch Package…

I am still in. Maybe, by some crazy chance, it will arrive sooner than this later projection. At least the Dealer was willing to give me their best guesstimate…

Good luck Everyone! This is starting to feel more and more like a lottery…
I call BS on that. I have a 4dr Wildtrak first day reservation and already have a Vin.

If everything he says is true than the reason your being held back to a MY 22 would be their allocation and your spot in line with all of their reservations per their amount of allocations that dealer gets this year.

TK1215

Rank VI

Champion I

Jan 1, 2021
Maricopa, AZ
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Kiely
Member #

I call BS on that. I have a 4dr Wildtrak first day reservation and already have a Vin.

If everything he says is true than the reason your being held back to a MY 22 would be their allocation and your spot in line with all of their reservations per their amount of allocations that dealer gets this year.
I think the dealer allocations may be playing a bug part in the craziness

HoosierDaddy

Rank V

Supporter II

May 21, 2020
Northwest Indiana, IN, USA
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Watson
Member #

Plus the "late 21 delivery of a 22" thing.
As I recall, Ford said they are not switching over until December sometime.
If that is true, it will be an extremely rare 22 that gets delivered in 21.

Advocate II

May 15, 2021
Dallas, TX
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Bowe

You’re right, The Dealer has a large allotment in a big market city (Dallas). I am in their initial allotment, but not very close to the top - middle of the pack.

So, my real question is… Why didn’t that get out to us sooner that our early reservations would hardly mean anything if we used, or chose, a Dealer that had a very large number of orders?? If the reservations were really as important as Ford says they are - Ford would fill them regardless of which Dealer or which city the vehicles are ordered from…

P.S. Congrats on you having a VIN!!!

SuperMike

Rank II

Advocate III

Jun 3, 2021
Jeffersonville, IN
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Adams
I debated between BL and WT forever, too... and color. I ended up building an A51 WT and finalized my order around mid-April. Mine is a 4-door, though. But my dealer straight up wrote '2022' on the order form, so I'm not expecting to see mine any time soon. Heck, I'll be amazed if the sales guy is still working there when it comes in.

SuperMike

Rank II

Advocate III

Jun 3, 2021
Jeffersonville, IN
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Adams
Sounds like we built the exact same Bronco... Did you get the decals, as well? :D You should be about 2 months ahead of me in line, though.

Advocate II

May 15, 2021
Dallas, TX
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Bowe
Sounds like we built the exact same Bronco... Did you get the decals, as well? :D You should be about 2 months ahead of me in line, though.
I think the hood decal on a Wildtrak is standard…? I don’t mind it, but I did not want the side body decals. Anyway, the overtime has returned at work in a big way, and it may go back down soon, but it has helped me knock out more of a down payment. So, maybe there is a little silver lining to the extended waiting period. Good luck to all the new Bronco owners!

DRWright

Rank VI

Champion I

Aug 13, 2020
Higley Hot Dog, East Williams Field Road, Gilbert, AZ, USA
First Name
Donovan
Last Name
Wright
Member #

You’re right, The Dealer has a large allotment in a big market city (Dallas). I am in their initial allotment, but not very close to the top - middle of the pack.

So, my real question is… Why didn’t that get out to us sooner that our early reservations would hardly mean anything if we used, or chose, a Dealer that had a very large number of orders?? If the reservations were really as important as Ford says they are - Ford would fill them regardless of which Dealer or which city the vehicles are ordered from…

P.S. Congrats on you having a VIN!!!
I agree with you on that. It can really affect those with an early reservation especially if that dealer has many of them and their allotment is way under that number.

Example: I was 5th in line at my dealer based on my reservation timestamp. When Ford did their first pull from my dealer they only took 3 orders so mine had to wait until they did another pull from my dealer on the 2nd pull.

With that and now certain constraints that means that it could be possible that even theoretically you could be the next in line at your dealer but could get skipped because you have a hard top or some other constraint.

I was just lucky I got pulled before the constraints took full effect because my Wildtrak order has every single one of them. I would of been in the same boat as everyone else but in my case I got lucky I was close to the front based on the lower profile dealer I chose.

okiezuliano

Rank III

Advocate I

May 27, 2021
Oklahoma City
First Name
Jack
Last Name
Bailey
Member #

Has anyone received a confirmation that there Wildtrak is in Production? I think i saw one so far Matthew Berman the owner of SRQ Fabrications!
[/QUOTE
Got a notice from Ford about my Wildtrack - basically saying that they are having problems with the roof. And would be notify when mine would go into production.

73chesney

Rank III

Supporter I

Apr 30, 2021
Germantown, Wisconsin
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Chesney
Another Thursday and no email. No clue from my dealership. I still show 19 for priority but not sure what that means anymore. Hoping and praying for a 48th bday present this November. I'm at a smaller dealership. #3 overall and #1 4dr yet they tell me they have no allocations. Sometimes I wonder if they are delaying me on purpose trying to get me to cancel so they can make more profit. Oh that sounds very cynical. Every week I voluntarily ride this emotional rollercoaster. Oh what fun...

Deano Bronc

Rank VI

Don't delete

May 20, 2020
Winona Lake, IN, USA
First Name
Dean
Last Name
Smeltzer
Member #

Another Thursday and no email. No clue from my dealership. I still show 19 for priority but not sure what that means anymore. Hoping and praying for a 48th bday present this November. I'm at a smaller dealership. #3 overall and #1 4dr yet they tell me they have no allocations. Sometimes I wonder if they are delaying me on purpose trying to get me to cancel so they can make more profit. Oh that sounds very cynical. Every week I voluntarily ride this emotional rollercoaster. Oh what fun...
No need to worry about the priority code. As long as it's not a 99, you at least have the opportunity to get a MY21.
I've never heard of a dealership that has orders but no allocation. Even our small dealership in town had 3 allocations.

Reactions: ResidualGenius