Any Interest in a Down Payment Savers Group?

LoboNation
Aug 14, 2020

Rank V

Aug 14, 2020

Just wondering if anyone would be interested in a little group to hold each other accountable for our down payment savings goals?

I know there are some people talking about paying cash but for a lot of us this will be a big investment. I believe in responsible spending even if I don't always practice it. I am running off of super rough numbers right now as far as cost but I have been putting away $1,000 a month and plan to do so until I purchase. I also plan to trade in my 2012 F150 Lariat 4X4 which I'm hoping to get about ~12k for that. I would like to have at least 20% down on a ~60k bronco plus a little extra savings for an off-rodeo trip and some non financeable accessories.

I'm interested to hear everyone's savings plans and goals. Lets stay on track and hold each other accountable!
2021 Badlands, Sasquatch, LUX, 2.7, MIC Hard Top, A51 - Delivered 12/28/2021
Broncadonk MKG, 14U
Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2020

Rank VI

Aug 14, 2020

Just wondering if anyone would be interested in a little group to hold each other accountable for our down payment savings goals?

I know there are some people talking about paying cash but for a lot of us this will be a big investment. I believe in responsible spending even if I don't always practice it. I am running off of super rough numbers right now as far as cost but I have been putting away $1,000 a month and plan to do so until I purchase. I also plan to trade in my 2012 F150 Lariat 4X4 which I'm hoping to get about ~12k for that. I would like to have at least 20% down on a ~60k bronco plus a little extra savings for an off-rodeo trip and some non financeable accessories.

I'm interested to hear everyone's savings plans and goals. Lets stay on track and hold each other accountable!
More is better! I’m in!
14U, DRWright

Rank V

Aug 14, 2020

More is better! I’m in!
Awesome! What is your rough cost estimate on your Bronco? How much are you planning to put aside each month for the Bronco?
14U, Commodore

Rank VI

Aug 14, 2020

Awesome! What is your rough cost estimate on your Bronco? How much are you planning to put aside each month for the Bronco?
Likely $60K...
Got to work to catch-up with you on monthly savings!!!
DRWright

Rank V

Aug 14, 2020

Likely $60K...
Got to work to catch-up with you on monthly savings!!!
Haha I'm starting a little high for sure. Luckily I'm in a situation where I don't have a whole ton of debt. I'm still paying for the F150 but that will be paid off right about the time the bronco gets delivered. I was really debating even trading it in but I have no honest use for two vehicles plus my fiancé has her own car too. I don't think I can justify the insurance payment on two big Fords, the F150 will be a nice chunk towards the Bronco.
14U, Deano Bronc

Moab or bust!!!

Aug 14, 2020

Currently I am saving $500 a month and shooting for a $500 per month payment max. It comes right out of my check and deposits directly in a savings account.
I have no idea where I am going to stand on the final price of the vehicle. I sure it will be more than I am planning.
2022 Bronco Badlands, 4D, Hot Pepper Red, 2.7, Squatch, Lux, and MIC.
7/13/2020 10:04pm reservation. Blend 6/16/2022 Delivered 6/26/2022.
Dealership - Stephen's Auto Center.
14U, nic

Rank V

Aug 14, 2020

Currently I am saving $500 a month and shooting for a $500 per month payment max. It comes right out of my check and deposits directly in a savings account.
I have no idea where I am going to stand on the final price of the vehicle. I sure it will be more than I am planning.
Yeah I feel you on that one! I see new accessories every day that I am going to want to buy. I guess we all also have no idea on the package cost for some of the stuff. I plan on this being my vehicle for the next long while so I'm planning to go all out with Lux and sasquatch from the get go. I would hate to have some sort of buyers remorse for not ordering something I could have. I just really wish they would have done an SVT / Ford Performance model on year one. I know in a few years I'm going to want one.
Commodore

Moab or bust!!!

Aug 14, 2020

Yeah I feel you on that one! I see new accessories every day that I am going to want to buy. I guess we all also have no idea on the package cost for some of the stuff. I plan on this being my vehicle for the next long while so I'm planning to go all out with Lux and sasquatch from the get go. I would hate to have some sort of buyers remorse for not ordering something I could have. I just really wish they would have done an SVT / Ford Performance model on year one. I know in a few years I'm going to want one.
Yep, I understand what you're saying on the SVT model. I had considered leasing for 2 years so I would be free and clear to buy one when they became available.
I've decided the currently Bronco is more than I will use now, so it would be even more money for even more stuff I really won't use to its fullest. Just getting old I guess. :cautious:
Commodore

Rank VI

Aug 14, 2020

That is a great idea!

Lets be honest most of us are going to finance this vehicle. Even those who say they will pay cash Is probably less than 1% of all people that will be buying a Bronco.

I plan on putting 15k down and financing the rest. As for the cost of the vehicle I'm estimating that it will cost me 63k. I want a 4 door WildSquatch with a color match hard top and a 12" screen and B&O sound system. Thats what I'm shooting for and I will be saving 1.5k a month hopefully starting in October if all this Covid crap goes away.
My wife is a wedding planner and our living expenses are paid off my income and my wifes income is for our fun adventures and vacations but it has been hit hard since weddings lately have been canceled, moved or postponed.
Wildtrak, 4DR, Iconic Silver, High, Camo Seats.
Commodore, Deano Bronc

Rank V

Aug 14, 2020

That is a great idea!

Lets be honest most of us are going to finance this vehicle. Even those who say they will pay cash Is probably less than 1% of all people that will be buying a Bronco.

I plan on putting 15k down and financing the rest. As for the cost of the vehicle I'm estimating that it will cost me 63k. I want a 4 door WildSquatch with a color match hard top and a 12" screen and B&O sound system. Thats what I'm shooting for and I will be saving 1.5k a month hopefully starting in October if all this Covid crap goes away.
My wife is a wedding planner and our living expenses are paid off my income and my wifes income is for our fun adventures and vacations but it has been hit hard since weddings lately have been canceled, moved or postponed.
Awesome welcome to the club! I know what you mean with the Covid. My fiancé works in the entertainment industry and they have been hit very hard. I would have a little more to put away but heck I'm thankful I have a job that will weather most anything and we are doing ok. I'm so excited for next summer and getting to meet up with everyone at events.
Big Mike, Commodore

Rank VI

Aug 14, 2020

I've thought about nabbing the ford card too. It will at least give you $150 back, if you put $3k of the downpayment on it.
[O- 725 -O]
14U, Commodore

Rank V

Aug 14, 2020

I've thought about nabbing the ford card too. It will at least give you $150 back, if you put $3k of the downpayment on it.
Yeah that's a great idea too. I also head you get a ton of points for a new Ford purchase that can be used towards oil changes and such. That would be totally worth it.
Commodore, DRWright

Rank VI

Aug 14, 2020

I gave it a thought as well I wish I new about that card months ago. With a mix of that card and Fordpass rewards it gives a good way to get some decent money back if your a current Ford owner.
Commodore

Rank VI

Aug 15, 2020

I’m planning on $60k. 2-door BL, 2.3 and a manual. But I’m getting the lux package. I’ve a
Ready got a 20% down payment sitting in the bank for it. I do like the idea of the ford pass card and the. Paying it off immediately
nic, DRWright

Moab or bust!!!

Aug 15, 2020

I’m planning on $60k. 2-door BL, 2.3 and a manual. But I’m getting the lux package. I’ve a
Ready got a 20% down payment sitting in the bank for it. I do like the idea of the ford pass card and the. Paying it off immediately
Dang, I hope a BL with those options are not 60k. If so, I'm in a lot of trouble. My wife's going to kill me. Lol
DRWright, Commodore

Rank V

Aug 15, 2020

Dang, I hope a BL with those options are not 60k. If so, I'm in a lot of trouble. My wife's going to kill me. Lol
I really just wish the build and price tool would come out already. I guess we only have 15 more days if Mike Levine is right.
Dubya TF, DRWright

Rank VI

Aug 15, 2020

I really just wish the build and price tool would come out already. I guess we only have 15 more days if Mike Levine is right.
Either way I know I'll be picking and modifying my options for like 2 months haha!
Bronco V-8, Ian Lacasse

Official unofficial BN Photographer

Aug 18, 2020

I'm an automotive photographer when I'm not at my day job - and the photography had kind of hit a slump recently, but the Bronco launch got me off my butt, and now I'm in the mode of "every penny I make from photography is going to the Bronco down payment" ... I already had a couple grand in the photography bank account at that point, but since that commitment, I've been keeping busy, and booking more shoots - so far, I think I've got just shy of $7k set aside. I've got 6 more pending shoots on the horizon, all of which will go to the Bronco fund... My goal is to have half the cost of the truck in the bank by the time I have to show them the money. I'm anticipating a mid-$40k truck
Reservation: 7/20/20 | MY '21 order: 2/1/21 | MY '22 order: 10/22/21 | Blend 8/5, built 8/8, 'built' status 8/27, in my driveway 10/12/22
Auto Photographer in Sacramento CA:
www.instagram.com/photographybymarkbrooks
Commodore, LoboNation

Rank V

Aug 18, 2020

I'm an automotive photographer when I'm not at my day job - and the photography had kind of hit a slump recently, but the Bronco launch got me off my butt, and now I'm in the mode of "every penny I make from photography is going to the Bronco down payment" ... I already had a couple grand in the photography bank account at that point, but since that commitment, I've been keeping busy, and booking more shoots - so far, I think I've got just shy of $7k set aside. I've got 6 more pending shoots on the horizon, all of which will go to the Bronco fund... My goal is to have half the cost of the truck in the bank by the time I have to show them the money. I'm anticipating a mid-$40k truck
I'm in the same mode. I'm a network engineer at my day job but I also do consulting on the side. As soon as I put in my reservation my outlook on any extra money changed. I'm putting every penny I can into my savings. I have also started actively looking for new consulting gigs and have had a ton of luck. I'm turning it into a bit of a game. I want to see how much over 20% down I can get. I would love to get to over 50% but we will see how long I can keep up the pace.

On a side note... Anyone need any network or systems engineering done on their network? I will give a bronco nation discount! hahaha
Commodore, nic

Official unofficial BN Photographer

Aug 18, 2020

I'm in the same mode. I'm a network engineer at my day job but I also do consulting on the side. As soon as I put in my reservation my outlook on any extra money changed. I'm putting every penny I can into my savings. I have also started actively looking for new consulting gigs and have had a ton of luck. I'm turning it into a bit of a game. I want to see how much over 20% down I can get. I would love to get to over 50% but we will see how long I can keep up the pace.

On a side note... Anyone need any network or systems engineering done on their network? I will give a bronco nation discount! hahaha
funny how that works - I've been pimping my photography harder in the last month than I have in the last year... typically I take jobs as they come in - and it's enough to keep me busy with a few extra bucks in the account.. but NOW - I'm HUNGRY ... I'm posting like crazy on my business FB page and IG accounts, and it's resulting in more bookings for private shoots than I've had in a while..
www.facebook.com/photographybymarkbrooks
:)
Reservation: 7/20/20 | MY '21 order: 2/1/21 | MY '22 order: 10/22/21 | Blend 8/5, built 8/8, 'built' status 8/27, in my driveway 10/12/22
Auto Photographer in Sacramento CA:
Commodore, Deano Bronc