Any changes to 2022 worth waiting for?

Johannes
Nov 21, 2021

Rank 0

Nov 21, 2021

I have heard that there are no substantial changes planned for the 2022 Bronco Sport, but I'm wondering if there are any small changes or fixes that make it worth waiting to get a 2022 as opposed to buying a ready-to-roll 2021? Planning to get the Badlands trim. The other thing to consider I guess is if resale value will be better for the 2022 since it is one year "newer" or whatever. Any thoughts on this?

Burrito Connoisseur

Nov 21, 2021

Yeah there is nothing super noteworthy when it comes to 2022 changes for. Badlands.

The only significant changes is the steering wheel on the Badlands trim is now leather-wrapped by default (used to be optional). And the Badlands trim now comes with LED fog lights standard.

That’s about it. Some tweaks here and there to the packages but nothing that you cannot get in 2021.
2022 4dr Badlands, 2.3L Manual, Mid pkg
YouTube: youtube.com/@ragnarkon

Rank 0

Nov 21, 2021

Yeah there is nothing super noteworthy when it comes to 2022 changes for. Badlands.

The only significant changes is the steering wheel on the Badlands trim is now leather-wrapped by default (used to be optional). And the Badlands trim now comes with LED fog lights standard.

That’s about it. Some tweaks here and there to the packages but nothing that you cannot get in 2021.
Does that mean there are no "bug" fixes? People talk about never buying "first-year cars" because you want to give the manufacturer a year to work out the kinks. I'm wondering if there were any "kinks" which got worked out for the '22 model which wouldn't necessarily be "upgrades" --moreso pre-emptive "fixes."
BuckYeah

Burrito Connoisseur

Nov 21, 2021

Does that mean there are no "bug" fixes? People talk about never buying "first-year cars" because you want to give the manufacturer a year to work out the kinks. I'm wondering if there were any "kinks" which got worked out for the '22 model which wouldn't necessarily be "upgrades" --moreso pre-emptive "fixes."
Ford won’t do any major redesigns, but they may make some tweaks here and there to fix some common issues. That sort of stuff typically isn’t advertised by Ford, so we won’t know until review units get in the hands of folks.

Since the Bronco Sport is effectively a modified Ford Escape, the chances of it having any major noteworthy issues are likely fairly slim. Any glaring issues would have been worked out in the Escape before it even made it to the Bronco Sport. So I personally would feel comfortable getting a 2021 Bronco Sport if you can find one that has the options you want.

This is unlike the full-sized Bronco, which is a brand new vehicle and clearly has some growing pains that need to be worked out. Definitely wouldn’t buy a 2021 Bronco… not that it matters anyway, they’re impossible to find on dealer lots without some markup.

Rank III

Nov 21, 2021

They added Homelink for '22.
2023 Bronco 4Dr Wildtrak

Rank 0

Nov 21, 2021

Ford won’t do any major redesigns, but they may make some tweaks here and there to fix some common issues. That sort of stuff typically isn’t advertised by Ford, so we won’t know until review units get in the hands of folks.

Since the Bronco Sport is effectively a modified Ford Escape, the chances of it having any major noteworthy issues are likely fairly slim. Any glaring issues would have been worked out in the Escape before it even made it to the Bronco Sport. So I personally would feel comfortable getting a 2021 Bronco Sport if you can find one that has the options you want.

This is unlike the full-sized Bronco, which is a brand new vehicle and clearly has some growing pains that need to be worked out. Definitely wouldn’t buy a 2021 Bronco… not that it matters anyway, they’re impossible to find on dealer lots without some markup.
This was extremely helpful -- thank you so much for taking the time to respond! Do you know when reviews of the 2022s are expected to come out?

Rank III

Nov 21, 2021

I'm sure there will be reviews of the '22 but really there isn't much difference between the two, mostly packaging and color.
2023 Bronco 4Dr Wildtrak

Rank III

Nov 22, 2021

“Ready to roll“ expect to pay $10K-$20K over MSRP at least… At that I would say worrying about resale is a non issue, lol. Wait in line and be patient if you have any concern about resale, money or value. If you are just putting in now to order a MY22 make sure to look at what the deadly sins are on a build. Use the search feature. People are still waiting for their order from the first couple of days you could order. For MY22 there were color changes, a new bumper, a few small add ons, a few other small things and any flaws that have been found are being addressed. Good luck and like I said be patient if you have any concern for your money.
I think you are thinking Big Bronco, we are talking Bronco Sport. Patience for sure but nothing like the big Bronco. I ordered my '22 BS BL/PP on 10/06 and got a VIN and build date on 10/14. The date is 12/08 but I'm guessing that will be pushed later because they are focusing on Mavericks the first couple of weeks of Dec. A ready to roll '21 can be had for anything from MSRP to $2500 over. Depends on the dealer, sure you will find some dealer asking more but with a little diligence you can find one closer to MSRP. Really at this point I would just go ahead and order a '22, why buy a '21 that is now a model year old, you certainly can find dealers who will sell at or below MSRP. Long McArthur Ford in Salinas Kansas will order you one for MSRP and if you finance with them they will ship it to you for free, If you aren't to far like Alaska. Then there is Chapman Ford in Pennsylvania that will order one at 3-4% below invoice and can arrange a courtesy delivery to a local Ford dealer which generally runs between $250-$350 depending on dealer.
2023 Bronco 4Dr Wildtrak
katie the bronco, BTilbury

Rank V

Nov 22, 2021

I think you are thinking Big Bronco, we are talking Bronco Sport. Patience for sure but nothing like the big Bronco. I ordered my '22 BS BL/PP on 10/06 and got a VIN and build date on 10/14. The date is 12/08 but I'm guessing that will be pushed later because they are focusing on Mavericks the first couple of weeks of Dec. A ready to roll '21 can be had for anything from MSRP to $2500 over. Depends on the dealer, sure you will find some dealer asking more but with a little diligence you can find one closer to MSRP. Really at this point I would just go ahead and order a '22, why buy a '21 that is now a model year old, you certainly can find dealers who will sell at or below MSRP. Long McArthur Ford in Salinas Kansas will order you one for MSRP and if you finance with them they will ship it to you for free, If you aren't to far like Alaska. Then there is Chapman Ford in Pennsylvania that will order one at 3-4% below invoice and can arrange a courtesy delivery to a local Ford dealer which generally runs between $250-$350 depending on dealer.
Absolutely, I didn’t see the subject head and forgot both are talked about in here. Your Bronco is much easier to buy, lol. Good luck with your order.
MY22 Badlands, Eruption Green, Sasquatch, 2.7, Lux. Res. Date 5/27/21, Ordered 10/15/21, On Ice Mountain…
TheShark

Burrito Connoisseur

Nov 22, 2021

This was extremely helpful -- thank you so much for taking the time to respond! Do you know when reviews of the 2022s are expected to come out?
Bronco Sport 2022 production should have started at the beginning of November (unless they delayed it? Not sure). So we'll probably start seeing some articles in the next few weeks.

Keep in mind that since there hasn't been any major issues in 2021 or major changes in 2022, you likely won't see a ton of reviews. Most automotive publications spend their resources covering new vehicles, and since the 2022 Bronco Sport is effectively the same as the 2021 Bronco Sport, 95%+ of the articles you'll see are "Here are the new colors, other than that check back and read our 2021 review".

Rank II

Nov 22, 2021

Sport??? Really
WT 4D EG lux mic tube steps Hoss 3.0 Res 7/17/2020
Order 1/21/21 Re-order 10/13/21 BD was 5/9 pushed to 5/23

Rank 0

Nov 23, 2021

Sport??? Really
Yeah... removing the hardtop seems like a massive pain (I tried to show my wife how easy it would be by pulling up Ford's video and we got 5 minutes in and I conceded that she was right and we'd never do it), and the regular felt like overkill for our needs. I will never offroad. Literally never. I just want a cool car that fits my dog and a good amount of luggage and gets me around town. We're choosing between this and an outback Onyx XT. So does that make me uncool? Maybe. But I know what I need and I'm ok with that. I am literally Ford's exact target audience with the Sport -- someone who wants the look and feel of a Bronco without the offroading features which would be wasted on me. Only getting the badlands trim so I can go zoom zoom :LOL:

Also -- everyone on this thread has been massively helpful. I'm compiling a pros/cons list now of the Outback vs BS and it seems like the main things the outback really has going for it is road comfort (which, to be clear, is a pretty big check in the "plus" column), a much "sportier" feeling drive, and increased cargo space. But I've been a huge fan of 70s Broncos for years and am not sure I can resist the temptation of this practically-designed smaller remake... plus it seems like we'll be able to sell it in a couple years after we've had our fun and recoup most of our money. when we buy this we're trading in the impreza we bought new for $18,600 and the dealer is giving us an absurd $17,000 trade value -- and it's been in an accident! The accident was minor, sure (roof got hit by a blown semi tire) but I never fixed the damage so the roof still has a big ol' dent. Just unreal.
RagnarKon, Deano Bronc

Rank III

Nov 23, 2021

Used car market is really crazy at the moment. I had a OBX which I sold to CarMax when I got my BL for $5k more than I paid for it.

Having owned a few Subaru's myself including a 2011 Outback they are just boring. I know Subaru doesn't like to mess with their styling but for corn sake you need update the entire lineup. The '21 Outback basically looks like my 2011. Unless you get the turbo performance is just not there, the boxer engine really leaves a lot to be desired. They are decent off the road and in the snow.
2023 Bronco 4Dr Wildtrak

Rank I

Nov 23, 2021

Absolutely, I didn’t see the subject head and forgot both are talked about in here. Your Bronco is much easier to buy, lol. Good luck with your order.
Is that the Chapman Ford in Lancaster or does it matter?

Rank III

Nov 23, 2021

Chapman Ford of Horsham
2023 Bronco 4Dr Wildtrak

Burrito Connoisseur

Nov 23, 2021

Sport??? Really
It's a cool little SUV... especially the Badlands trim. Should give it a shot if you have the chance.

If I needed a little off-road worthy SUV that could also function as a daily driver, I would absolutely be looking at the Bronco Sport. But in my case, I already have a daily driver (Focus) and instead I needed more capable vehicle... so ordered a full-sized Bronco. (Honestly I probably should have ordered a pickup truck, but... eh... whatever.)

Rank III

Nov 23, 2021

It's a cool little SUV... especially the Badlands trim. Should give it a shot if you have the chance.

(Honestly I probably should have ordered a pickup truck, but... eh... whatever.)
You only live once! :)
2023 Bronco 4Dr Wildtrak

Rank 0

Dec 10, 2021

I have heard that there are no substantial changes planned for the 2022 Bronco Sport, but I'm wondering if there are any small changes or fixes that make it worth waiting to get a 2022 as opposed to buying a ready-to-roll 2021? Planning to get the Badlands trim. The other thing to consider I guess is if resale value will be better for the 2022 since it is one year "newer" or whatever. Any thoughts on this?

https://www.broncosportforum.com/forum/attachments/12-1-21-2022-bronco-sport-order-guide-pdf.17319/
This is helpful!!!

Rank III

Dec 26, 2021

Best summary of changes for 2022 I've seen is by Ford Authority. Read at 2022 Ford Bronco Sport Packages Renamed On Three Trims (fordauthority.com)

I'm suspicious about dealers who claim to be selling below invoice. I searched one's inventory and he doesn't have a single BS in stock. Inventory is still scarce and there is no reason to sell below invoice. I suspect they just want you to order since sold orders get preference he gets extra allocation. Come delivery time, he scams you and if you don't go for it, he has an extra unit to sell.

🗻🏔️🏜️38°33'14.1"N 109°32'04.7"W🏜️🏔️🗻

Dec 26, 2021

There is something that was supposed to be released mid summer then was pushed till the end of 2021 now has been pushed to the beginning of 2022, the Ford Pass Performance App. I believe it is only available to models with the Mid Package and on up, and it should be for the 2021 Models also.

When will the FordPass™ Performance App with Off-Road Navigation launch for the Bronco vehicle?
The FordPass Performance App will now launch in the 2022 calendar year. Stay tuned for more information.

https://www.ford.com/support/how-tos/search/fordpass performance app/
*632* Days to get A 2021 - 2022 -
2023 Big Bend - 2 Door 2.3L Velocity Blue, Squatched, Mid package, Running Boards, Roof Rack, and Engine Block heater.