ShelbyBronco

Rank 0

Advocate II

Oct 17, 2021
First Name
Darin
Last Name
Thornburgh
When I spoke to Blue Ox in January, they were in the process of creating the base plate but did not provide an ETA at the time. Hopefully soon.

ShelbyBronco

Rank 0

Advocate II

Oct 17, 2021
First Name
Darin
Last Name
Thornburgh
Has anyone flat towed a SAS yet? I am curious about the connections being at the correct height for towing?

TPhilly

Rank III

Advocate I

Oct 12, 2021
Chester County, PA
First Name
Tony
Last Name
Ioele
Member #

Any updates? If all goes well I'll take delivery of my Outer Banks, 2.7, Lux, HD Modular Front Bumper. Ideally, I'd like to find a base plate that either integrates with the recovery shackles or replaces them without having to cut / modify any body parts. Anyone find something that would work? TIA

grtharris

Rank IV

Advocate III

May 20, 2020
Skiatook, OK, USA
First Name
Grant
Last Name
Harris
Member #

Most of the people I know including myself are connecting directly to the front shackle brackets. Have about 5K miles on mine so far. I have a Blue Ox tow bar with the
the Blue Ox BX88357 Off Road Adapter - 7/8" Diameter which I had to open up a bit for clearance. There are a couple of other manufactures making the adapters now.

Reactions: 14U

grtharris

Rank IV

Advocate III

May 20, 2020
Skiatook, OK, USA
First Name
Grant
Last Name
Harris
Member #

Curt Mfg also has adapters for there tow bar but the Roadmaster adapters are by far the least expense if you have a roadmaster tow bar.

Shodan01

Rank 0

Advocate I

Jun 25, 2022
Greenville, SC, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Clemons
Just confirmed these for my '22 Badlands with Modular bumper: https://www.etrailer.com/Base-Plates/Roadmaster/RM-035.html. They just hook up to the recovery points.
Sorry - I have seen so much info on this that my head is spinning - although I have been told that my BluOx kit will work with the Addictive Designs bumpers I have on order I am really wanting to see if the D ring mounts on the modular bumper would work. Are you saying these will fit on yours?

Also curious if anyone tried to mount it to the winch setup D ring mounts? The website shows on JCR Offroad that it "should" work for weight ratings etc, but they dont guarantee.

I flat tow a ton, but really want to ensure since this is a new TOAD that we are good.

trafficdude11

Rank 0

Advocate I

Jun 23, 2022
Nampa, ID, USA
First Name
Donny
Last Name
Mahoney
Spoke to Blue Ox today. They claim Ford is not approving the use of the recovery points as the flat tow connection point. It will void the warranty if something goes wrong. Blue Ox does make a base plate for the modular bumper, Part #BX2688. You have to do a bit of cutting and drilling though.