An evening at Super Cel East

Hobgoblin
Apr 24, 2021

Rank VI

Apr 24, 2021

Great afternoon and evening at Super Cel East. Big thanks to @David , @Laura and @bdawson24 for the the cookout. It was great. Perfect setting for exciting Bronco talk, beautiful scenery and enjoying a fire.

@BuzzyBud here is something for you as well. I know how much you love the Pitbull. I will add more when I have a better connection.

20210423_172724.jpg
Gutter Clown, Jakob1972
Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2021

Rank VI

Apr 24, 2021

Great afternoon and evening at Super Cel East. Big thanks to @David , @Laura and @bdawson24 for the the cookout. It was great. Perfect setting for exciting Bronco talk, beautiful scenery and enjoying a fire.

@BuzzyBud here is something for you as well. I know how much you love the Pitbull. I will add more when I have a better connection.

View attachment 12223
Dang! 13.50's those are some big ol" fatties! I love the ride!
Wildtrak, 4DR, Iconic Silver, High, Camo Seats.
Commodore, Deano Bronc

Rank VI

Apr 24, 2021

Here are some more shots and thoughts from SuperCel East. The ride was great. Went in a 4 door Badlands 2.7L Squatch.

Edit: 2.3L: My ride along buddy Brandon, @Bka33001 just had an opportunity to speak with Shelby Hall after our ride and she confirmed that our Badlands that we rode in was a 2.3L rather than the 2.7L we thought. Knowing that it was the 2.3, I think those who went with that choice will be very happy. Now I can't wait to see what the 2.7 will be like!

We flew down the muddy trail at 40mph! Took the whoops and jumps in stride. We walked up the rock scree without thinking. Then we backed down it using the rear camera just as easily. The boulders were 2 to 2.5 feet in spots. Much larger than they appear on video.

We used trail turn assist in the muddy conditions. In these types of conditions you will drag the tire a bit so you don't get as tight of a turn. In one spot we did the same turn twice. Once with TTA and one without. Even with the mud drag, the TTA had about a 3 foot advantage on the turn. We also got to experience backing up with TTA on and it disengages the action in reverse. But when you got back into drive it kicks right back into action.

Lastly, we truly tested Baja mode in many configurations. We ran it in normal 4h bombing down the muddy trail. Then we switched to 2 H on the trail with rear lockers engaged. No issues with that. Lastly, we simulated the Badlands version of Sport mode on the pavement. Baja 2H with the hammer down. It was awesome. The camera stays engaged and it was great on the road. I think guys like @Husker are going to be happy with this approach. The was the first time our driver had run it that way and really liked it.

I also got to mess around with a 4door Badlands on 33s for a while. One surprise was how the front seats tilt forward and backward. There is a nicely designed triangle part that looks like a design element that is along side the seat. It worked nicely. I was eaily able to get the driving position set perfectly. I also got a shot of the under lid storage in the back. It is a bit larger than I thought. Will be excited to see what I am going to put in there. Hope you enjoy some of the pictures.

Thanks to all at BN for a great event. Look forward to next year!

All the best,

Hobbsy

20210424_123916.jpg20210424_123220.jpg20210424_123158.jpg20210424_122503.jpg20210423_195331.jpg20210423_195321.jpg20210423_164659.jpg20210423_164606.jpg
Gutter Clown, Bronc96

Rank VI

Apr 24, 2021

Great Report!
Bronc96, TK1215
Moderator Staff member

Administrator

Apr 25, 2021

It was so nice to meet you, @Hobgoblin! I'm glad you were able to make it and that you enjoyed the trail. Excellent pictures!
2021 Oxford White 2-door non-Sas Mid package 2.7L/10-speed Badlands with MIC top
2021 Carbonized Gray 2-door Sas High package 2.7L/10-speed Badlands with MIC top
Keeping the Jeeps: stock '89 XJ and 3.5" lifted '00 XJ on 31s
Bronc96, TK1215

Rank VI

Apr 25, 2021

It was so nice to meet you, @Hobgoblin! I'm glad you were able to make it and that you enjoyed the trail. Excellent pictures!
Thank you Laura. It was great meeting you and getting to spend time with the entire crew. I look forward to many more returns.
Bronc96, TK1215

Rank VI

Apr 26, 2021

View attachment 12223
Thanks for stopping by. It was great to see you and have you out! Hope to see you again soon.
Bronco Nation Member #0000
Instagram: bdawson24
Bronc96, TK1215

Rank 0

Apr 28, 2021

@Hobgoblin I’m pretty sure I was in this ride along with you. Was it around 11am Saturday?
Deano Bronc, Hobgoblin

Rank VI

Apr 28, 2021

@Hobgoblin I’m pretty sure I was in this ride along with you. Was it around 11am Saturday?
You got it! That was a blast. Glad they paired us up for the ride.
Commodore

Rank 0

Apr 28, 2021

Any chance you can send me your video I recorded for you?
Commodore

Rank VI

Apr 28, 2021

Any chance you can send me your video I recorded for you?
I certainly can. We can also see how to share it here. I don't have a Youtube channel to upload it to. TBD.
Commodore

Rank VI

Apr 28, 2021

Updated information on the ride along details:

Here are some more shots and thoughts from SuperCel East. The ride was great. Went in a 4 door Badlands 2.7L Squatch.

Edit: 2.3L: My ride along buddy Brandon, @Bka33001 just had an opportunity to speak with Shelby Hall after our ride and she confirmed that our Badlands that we rode in was a 2.3L rather than the 2.7L we thought. Knowing that it was the 2.3, I think those who went with that choice will be very happy. Now I can't wait to see what the 2.7 will be like!

We flew down the muddy trail at 40mph! Took the whoops and jumps in stride. We walked up the rock scree without thinking. Then we backed down it using the rear camera just as easily. The boulders were 2 to 2.5 feet in spots. Much larger than they appear on video.

We used trail turn assist in the muddy conditions. In these types of conditions you will drag the tire a bit so you don't get as tight of a turn. In one spot we did the same turn twice. Once with TTA and one without. Even with the mud drag, the TTA had about a 3 foot advantage on the turn. We also got to experience backing up with TTA on and it disengages the action in reverse. But when you got back into drive it kicks right back into action.

Lastly, we truly tested Baja mode in many configurations. We ran it in normal 4h bombing down the muddy trail. Then we switched to 2 H on the trail with rear lockers engaged. No issues with that. Lastly, we simulated the Badlands version of Sport mode on the pavement. Baja 2H with the hammer down. It was awesome. The camera stays engaged and it was great on the road. I think guys like @Husker are going to be happy with this approach. The was the first time our driver had run it that way and really liked it.

I also got to mess around with a 4door Badlands on 33s for a while. One surprise was how the front seats tilt forward and backward. There is a nicely designed triangle part that looks like a design element that is along side the seat. It worked nicely. I was eaily able to get the driving position set perfectly. I also got a shot of the under lid storage in the back. It is a bit larger than I thought. Will be excited to see what I am going to put in there. Hope you enjoy some of the pictures.

Thanks to all at BN for a great event. Look forward to next year!

All the best,

Hobbsy
BuzzyBud, Bka33001

Rank VI

May 12, 2021

Better late than never. Here are a few ride along videos that Brandon @Bka33001 was so kind to record while we were at SuperCel East. The short video is of us rocking in Baja with 2H. You will get the sense that the driver loved it!

You may even get a glimpse of @Chase Gentry doing his stuff out on the trails as well. There are few different points discussed versus some other ride along videos that have been posted.

Also found a Gen 2 recently that I got a shot of for you. It is currently being restored.

https://www.instagram.com/broncomaximus/
Note: video was filmed in horizontal but Instagram shows it in vertical format.
BuzzyBud