All right, enough 'Squatching, time to upgrade the Bronco.

JeepersCreepers
Oct 16, 2021

Rank II

Oct 16, 2021

Sheesh, quite a project getting 'Squatching off the ground. Tons of interest, finally got a vendor, yadda yadda. I'll keep that stuff restricted to the 'Squatching thread(s) (more updates to come!! Literally 115 people signed up at this point. Holy smokes.)

So I've decided to keep rocking my brand new '21 Bronco Badlands w/ the Lux package. It's totally maxed out with all the creature comforts, but it's built as a 4-door to be a badass overlander.. I like the truck, and the wife likes it too, well enough. She commented today that it's "comfortable and easy to drive." The born complainer. Who knew.

Pretty much 100% of my upgrade efforts at this time are 1) the front bumper to accommodate a Warn winch of my choosing without violating the cameras/sensors and 2) lift for 37" tires.

I'm not going to place anything made by Rough Country on my Bronco intentionally. For those of you who are unaware, Rough Country makes the bottom of the barrel stuff. I even bought their seat covers for my Wrangler and they were junk. Do not buy unless you can LITERALLY afford nothing else. Rough Country is JUNK! I realize many new Bronco owners are new to off-roading, so don't make this mistake. Don't say I didn't warn you.

Is anyone else waiting around for a legit off-road vendor to announce products for the Bronco? I'm talking Genright, ACR, etc. Not consumer grade junk, I'm looking for legitimate mfgrs to wade in one this. 4WP? I can't quite decide about them yet. They bridge the divide between the legit manufacturers and consumer grade, at least to me, at this point, for the Bronco.

Such a new thing, our lovely Broncos. I still haven't wheeled mine. My Wrangler on 38s sits sulking, looking at the new beauty, saying "I'm way tougher than you. I'll kick your ass." And she's probably right.

Thoughts, share them...

-JC
the poacher, BroncoFred
Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2021

No Ragerts

Oct 17, 2021

I have been down this road before and AM support for any new vehicle is gonna take some time so be patient - we are forging a new trail here…
- 2023 Raptor / Shadow Black / MGV (DOB 8/30/23)
- 2023 Heritage Limited Edition / Robin’s Egg Blue / 4dr / (stolen from my dealer 11/15/23)
Bronc96

Rank V

Oct 17, 2021

My big question is why. Factory SAS is a bargain with factory warranty. All lifts after market are a crap shoot. Trust me been there done that. And many times it doesn't matter what you spent. Geometry is off just little and its pulling, wondering, wearing out pencil joints, bearings etc. Jeep required 2K worth of Moog upgrades after just 5,000 miles with lift and 35's. It was brand new. Sure I could have replaced with stock parts cheaper just to replace them down the road. As good as the SAS Pkg rides and performs you will spend way more and have no idea what you got. Frankly I was worried about 35's and lift for a dd or highway use. The Rubi sucked. Test drove a 2.7 4dr with SAS yesterday. Game changer. A Jeep set up this well would be getting trailered in with the low gearing. 10 speed auto she is beast on the road and actually enjoyable. I would not mess with that receipt a bit but guys gotta MOD. Punched it at 55. Front end lifts and she carries the front end shifting so smoothing you don't even feel the gear changes its that smooth. I hit 85 in a few seconds and she was still pulling like a freight train. No problem hitting 100 but I think I heard the ECU shuts you down there but not confirmed. Jeep could never come close to doing that. Even with Hemi the Jeep is still going to ride and handle like a turd on the street with solid axels.
Past - 87 Suz Sam; 76 ChevBlaz14 Rubi 2 Dr -35's First Auto 4wd. Ox Wht 2dr Base SAS, bumper, Flr-lin, 2.7 aux switches.
Speed Devil, BroncoFred

Rank II

Oct 18, 2021

My big question is why. Factory SAS is a bargain with factory warranty. All lifts after market are a crap shoot. Trust me been there done that. And many times it doesn't matter what you spent. Geometry is off just little and its pulling, wondering, wearing out pencil joints, bearings etc. Jeep required 2K worth of Moog upgrades after just 5,000 miles with lift and 35's. It was brand new. Sure I could have replaced with stock parts cheaper just to replace them down the road. As good as the SAS Pkg rides and performs you will spend way more and have no idea what you got. Frankly I was worried about 35's and lift for a dd or highway use. The Rubi sucked. Test drove a 2.7 4dr with SAS yesterday. Game changer. A Jeep set up this well would be getting trailered in with the low gearing. 10 speed auto she is beast on the road and actually enjoyable. I would not mess with that receipt a bit but guys gotta MOD. Punched it at 55. Front end lifts and she carries the front end shifting so smoothing you don't even feel the gear changes its that smooth. I hit 85 in a few seconds and she was still pulling like a freight train. No problem hitting 100 but I think I heard the ECU shuts you down there but not confirmed. Jeep could never come close to doing that. Even with Hemi the Jeep is still going to ride and handle like a turd on the street with solid axels.

Why 37"? Because I wheel and I know 35" is a compromise. It's the best thing going currently for a factory 4x4 product but in terms of being out there and wheeling hard it will not keep up with similar 4-door rigs with 37" or larger tires out on the rocks.

Now, to your point, you make a good one about aftermarket being a question mark at this point in time. My Jeep, which is an '03 TJ with $40k plus spent on aftermarket mods after the initial purchase, is a dream both on-road and off. Tracks like it's on rails at highway speeds. Doesn't exhibit any of the undesirable "typical" Jeep characteristics. But the aftermarket ecosystem is so mature, well-developed and diverse, with tons of installation and user experience, that it's fairly easy to make good end-user decisions there. With the Bronco, it's all so new that we just don't know.

I would not say the 2.7L is a beast on the road. You may say that because you're comparing it to a stock Rubi, but I'm comparing it to modded Jeeps and I am telling you after a few weeks of driving it, it is merely nominal. Not amazing, not terrible, it's "pretty good" for on-road. Hopefully very good for off-road. I would definitely not want to be wading into Bronco world with a 2.3L.

Solid front axle doesn't equate to turd-handling, stock suspension does. Weld a Teraflex Pro LCG long arm kit onto a TJ and it's a whole different world of ride quality both on-road and off. Same goes for a JK or JL. Is it true the IFS will generally equate to good road handling, of course. Is the stock IFS going to be better than a top end modified Jeep, no.

So to circle back to the initial point here, I'm definitely looking to get this 4-door Badlands up on 37s when the time is right, when the lift kit is proven and there aren't any of the issues you identified present in user reports.

-JC
BroncoFred, KennyMac

Rank V

Oct 18, 2021

Comparing a stock Bronco to a Mod Jeep with 40K of add on's? Ok sure that seems fair. Tell me where a stock anything would beat something with 40K worth of mods. You proved my point. You are going to spend a ton of money to make a custom rock crawler out of brand new Bronco. Why? Build a rock crawler and start with a frame and go from there. You going to take a 50K new Bronco stuff 40's under it and beat the living crap out of it. If you are going where 40's are required your rims will be trashed, body panels bashed, paint scratched or most likely rolled over. Seen it many times. Oh and my Rubi wasn't stock. And No Jeep V-6 is going to beat a a stock Bronco in speed or power doing anything. And when your done with all the mods and those Jeeps with 40K of mods- They are not driving anywhere on there own. Trailer queens. Oh it great on the street. They will take one trip listening to the tires and drive train whine doing 65 and its trailer time every time after that. Oh and you just void most if not all the warranty on your 50K rig which is now worth 25K but Bubba at the lifted truck store is going to fix my death wobble.

And just so you know the Stock Jeep Rubicon is the competition. Not some customer built rock crawler with 40K of mods. Do you compare a stock Chevy Malibu with the same car set up for NASCAR?
Past - 87 Suz Sam; 76 ChevBlaz14 Rubi 2 Dr -35's First Auto 4wd. Ox Wht 2dr Base SAS, bumper, Flr-lin, 2.7 aux switches.
BroncoFred

Rank II

Oct 18, 2021

Comparing a stock Bronco to a Mod Jeep with 40K of add on's? Ok sure that seems fair. Tell me where a stock anything would beat something with 40K worth of mods. You proved my point. You are going to spend a ton of money to make a custom rock crawler out of brand new Bronco. Why? Build a rock crawler and start with a frame and go from there. You going to take a 50K new Bronco stuff 40's under it and beat the living crap out of it. If you are going where 40's are required your rims will be trashed, body panels bashed, paint scratched or most likely rolled over. Seen it many times. Oh and my Rubi wasn't stock. And No Jeep V-6 is going to beat a a stock Bronco in speed or power doing anything. And when your done with all the mods and those Jeeps with 40K of mods- They are not driving anywhere on there own. Trailer queens. Oh it great on the street. They will take one trip listening to the tires and drive train whine doing 65 and its trailer time every time after that. Oh and you just void most if not all the warranty on your 50K rig which is now worth 25K but Bubba at the lifted truck store is going to fix my death wobble.

And just so you know the Stock Jeep Rubicon is the competition. Not some customer built rock crawler with 40K of mods. Do you compare a stock Chevy Malibu with the same car set up for NASCAR?

GOOD GRIEF. All right, listen up, "redvettex2." Here's the deal. You queried "why" and then, unasked, talked about YOUR modified Jeep which according to you, apparently you either a) didn't do a very good job on and/or b) chose the wrong shop to do the work if you didn't do it yourself. I can't even count the number of times someone has assumed my TJ is terrible on the road yet my 17 year old daughter can drive it with two fingers at highway speed, it tracks like it's on rails and the ride is VERY comfortable on the road. There are none of the problems you described with your poorly done series of upgrades because I DID THEM PROPERLY. So don't assume that modded Jeeps are problem children. YOURS is a problem child because of your decisions. MINE is not, because of mine.

Second, the TJ with ALL of those mods is still $10k less than a brand new Bronco. Is it a fair comparison? Mod to stock, no. Price to price for the capability... YES! It's fair. I recognize the Bronco is used by folks for all sorts of things. For most it's just a way to get around town and look cool. A small percentage will take it off-road, and an even tinier slice of that number will actually take it rock crawling. Yet that is a capability which this truck is built for and early returns suggest Ford was serious about competing with Jeep in this regard, the IFS compromise notwithstanding. It's a serious wheeling platform and therefore the aftermarket should start coming through to support it.

Now, finally, to completely sum up all the ways you completely missed the mark with your confusion-ridden post, I am actually looking to do a fairly light series of mods to the Bronco. No lightbars. No doo-dads. No gimmicky crap. A bumper, a winch, a minimal lift and 37" tires. That's IT. Not even talking beadlock. Not talking cutting into the body or making extensive modifications. Just get the skins a little bigger and fit a winch. Those are EXTREMELY nominal upgrades for a vehicle with the 2.7L Bronco Badlands' inherent capability. We're talking, hopefully, well under $10k worth of mods, with the oddball necessary upgrade here or there -- some skid plates, maybe better rock rails, that sort of thing.

Now that I've got you on my page, you see what I'm talking about here? Not going down the road of a badly munged series of upgrades to a Rubi (I'd never buy a Rubi by the way, a base Jeep properly built out with air lockers and Dynatrak axle upgrades is far more capable than a Rubi with stock axles and e-lockers) but rather sensible upgrades to the rather impressive-out-of-the-box-Bronco.

You are welcome.

-JC

P.S. The last Corvette I owned was the biggest piece of crap I've ever had in my garage. I would NEVER own another one.
the poacher

Rank V

Oct 18, 2021

Just so you know you to needed to modify a stock Rubi to even get 35's under it just a couple of years ago! I had a 2.5 inch lift that was an engineered and tested system. Not a list of random parts from Pep boys. I kept it to 2.5" because I wanted it street able too. It was barely. Bilstein a good enough company from you? The parts used by Jeep are crap to begin with. Pencil joints are often bad on a Jeep with 100 miles on it. Jeeps barely ride better now than they did 40 years ago. Built what ever you want it is your rig. Your Vette comment prove the tool you are. If you bought a crapped out Vette it proves it even more. I don't have vette's anymore but there is nothing wrong with 66' 427 coupe or a Z06. And the new Vette for the money is a ton of car for the money with a great looks. But then a again and internet talking tool would have no clue. Your crapped out Vette purchase proves that. Stock Jeep vs stock Bronco no comparison. And how far are you really driving that TJ. To the store or 10 miles to the mall or trail. That's about it unless your a gluten for punishment. Swamp out the suspension, void your warranty and build your rock crawler that will be a mess in 2 months. Just look the pictures or video of the Bronco's running the Rubicon or similar terrain. There beat to shit. Then again your probably talking about wheeling in Iowa. I lived 4 miles from the Rubicon trail in CA. I would take a Samurai places Jeeps were amazed and I would not even have the hubs locked in yet. Again you want to compare a custom built Jeep vs a Stock Bronco. Sorry I am not biting. Apples to Apples which is a stock loaded Rubi vs a Bronco with SAS. Something you buy from a dealer not build in your back yard. Hard concept for you to grab?
EZAPAR

Rank V

Oct 18, 2021

I plan to hold off a year or two, to see what legit products come out, more specifically designed for Bronco. For example, a lot of people have been ordering wheels designed for Toyota fitment, both in offset and hub circle. I'm very interested in the new Method Bead Grip Wheels, as a very cool option for running lower air pressures but also being street legal. I'm hoping that when they get released, they offer proper fitment for Bronco, so I'm keeping a close eye on them:

https://www.methodracewheels.com/pages/bead-griphttps://www.methodracewheels.com/blogs/news/new-705
The stock Badlands wheels and tires will be fine for my needs until I am settled on aftermarket wheels and tires that satisfy my wants/needs, and will also make a great winter set-up. Therefore, I'd run them until Spring anyway, so no need for me to rush and get wheels/tires just because.

For me, suspension mods with larger tires are really going to be dependent on engineered solutions with designs focused on functionality and minimal compromise. Ford's own Sasquatch option compromises suspension travel distance compared to stock Badlands, which I find baffling. I have to think that someone will get it right, when they throw some resources and $$ at it. That is when I'll entertain a lift for 37" or above, and then select a tire size that was designed to work with that system. I see many people slapping on a front 1" level lift on their stock badlands, then throwing on 35s. I believe with the extra suspension travel that Badlands has, there may be tire interference that people won't realize until it's too late - especially when using aftermarket wheels with improper wheel offset that push the tires out further than designed. The other problem I see with the 1" level lift, is that they all look to now be sitting higher in the front than the rear, and that's without a load in the rear!

Further to my points on suspension, I plan to do a second row delete, likely a solution from Goose Gear: https://www.goose-gear.com/collecti...e-for-ford-bronco-2021-present-6th-gen-2-door

Should I decide to max out with only 35s, I will need to take into account the tare weight of the vehicle, before thinking about a simple level lift. If the ass-end gets considerably lighter, then maybe a 1" level lift would work. On the other hand, the system may end up heavier than seats, and make the 1" level lift even worse in appearance.

Anyway, these are all fun "problems" to have, but I plan to exercise patience with modding the Bronco. That's the plan anyway, I hope I can keep the 5 y.o. me, in check! :LOL:
Reserved 7/14/20 - Ordered Converted 1/19/21: 2 Dr Cyber Orange Badlands w/ 2.3L, 7MT, MGV, High, Tow
Tentative Build Date - Week of 11/15/21
Toys: 1971 FJ40 - 1989 Toyota Pickup - 1998 C5 vert
Bronc96, Deano Bronc

Your unofficial Favorite Author

Oct 18, 2021

Wish I could help suspension wise, but like ya said, avoid Rough Cunt.

My friend with a JKU coined that term for obvious reasons, only went with them because of budget reasons
2dr Badlands 2.3 Manual w/Mid, Rapid Red
My blog, Mfcomics.net, my stories: https://payhip.com/MFComics
the poacher, JeepersCreepers

Prisoner #19359

Oct 18, 2021

Good to hear. Thanks for sharing.
2023 Bronco,Black Diamond 🏴‍☠️ Velocity Blue 🟦, 4Door, SAS, MIC, Mid, 2.7m, Orig Order: 9/10/21 Blend Date: 11/30/22. Built: 12/02, Shipped 12/4, Arrived at dealer on 12/23, Took possession on 12/30/22!!! 476 Days after ordering.
Goodyear, AZ 🌵🔆
Speed Devil

Rank V

Oct 18, 2021

I would agree, Corvettes are junk, fun to drive horrible to own..... Not a huge fan of 4WP; back in the old days I ran some of their stuff on my 95 EB, only lasted a few months or so, before I pulled the tires, shocks and other suspension components and dump it all in the junk/reclaim pile. Products have gotten better over the years, so it is possible I might buy something from them, but probably not suspension parts. Other than that, I don't care. If you want to add 15, 20, 40K to a 40-60K vehicle go for it. To each their own.... Just remember the best off road vehicle is a rental.......
95 Eddie 5.8 Windsor 2021? nope, 2022?, wait 2022.5 HOSS3.0 equipped WildTrak/LUX/Leather/MIC. 7/14 RES
Bronc96, Deano Bronc

Oct 18, 2021

ECU and tires. Get a tune and street tires and then it's a matter of gearing and aerodynamics.

Gotta reread all this, in case I wanna follow the 35/37 Route

Rank II

Oct 18, 2021

Just so you know you to needed to modify a stock Rubi to even get 35's under it just a couple of years ago! I had a 2.5 inch lift that was an engineered and tested system. Not a list of random parts from Pep boys. I kept it to 2.5" because I wanted it street able too. It was barely. Bilstein a good enough company from you? The parts used by Jeep are crap to begin with. Pencil joints are often bad on a Jeep with 100 miles on it. Jeeps barely ride better now than they did 40 years ago. Built what ever you want it is your rig. Your Vette comment prove the tool you are. If you bought a crapped out Vette it proves it even more. I don't have vette's anymore but there is nothing wrong with 66' 427 coupe or a Z06. And the new Vette for the money is a ton of car for the money with a great looks. But then a again and internet talking tool would have no clue. Your crapped out Vette purchase proves that. Stock Jeep vs stock Bronco no comparison. And how far are you really driving that TJ. To the store or 10 miles to the mall or trail. That's about it unless your a gluten for punishment. Swamp out the suspension, void your warranty and build your rock crawler that will be a mess in 2 months. Just look the pictures or video of the Bronco's running the Rubicon or similar terrain. There beat to shit. Then again your probably talking about wheeling in Iowa. I lived 4 miles from the Rubicon trail in CA. I would take a Samurai places Jeeps were amazed and I would not even have the hubs locked in yet. Again you want to compare a custom built Jeep vs a Stock Bronco. Sorry I am not biting. Apples to Apples which is a stock loaded Rubi vs a Bronco with SAS. Something you buy from a dealer not build in your back yard. Hard concept for you to grab?

Everything you just said is garbage.

1) You're the tool. Corvettes are awful. Crapped out? I drove it brand new off the showroom floor. Gushed fuel all over, front steering locked in a tight parking lot, harnesses had to get completely ripped out and replaced... I was so happy when it was gone. THEY ARE CRAP! Period.
2) Bilstein is great, I run them on my TJ. (This is pretty much the only accurate/competent thing you stated)
3) Jeep don't ride any better now than 40 years ago? Good GOD! They're night and day different stock, you don't have any credibility on this based on that comment alone.
4) A stock Rubi vs. a stock Bronco is indeed the interesting comparison now but I think the Rubi will keep winning in the serious wheeling department just because of articulation and maturity of the product line. Bronco needs to re-learn a lot after taking a quarter-century off.
5) I wheel hard my man, congrats on living out west, I run big rocks, mud, hills, you name it and I sincerely doubt (in other words, know) your budget build Jeep could go where I go.
6) I drive my TJ all over creation.
7) I am making LOGICAL comparisons UNLIKE you.
8) I build my rigs the way they need to be built. Apparently this is something you need help with. Dunno why your Rubi is such garbage. Should be great. But you built it poorly.
9) I hope you get it now. You got a long way to go to get to understandin'.

Sincerely,

-JC
EZAPAR

Rank II

Oct 18, 2021

I plan to hold off a year or two, to see what legit products come out, more specifically designed for Bronco. For example, a lot of people have been ordering wheels designed for Toyota fitment, both in offset and hub circle. I'm very interested in the new Method Bead Grip Wheels, as a very cool option for running lower air pressures but also being street legal. I'm hoping that when they get released, they offer proper fitment for Bronco, so I'm keeping a close eye on them:

https://www.methodracewheels.com/pages/bead-griphttps://www.methodracewheels.com/blogs/news/new-705
The stock Badlands wheels and tires will be fine for my needs until I am settled on aftermarket wheels and tires that satisfy my wants/needs, and will also make a great winter set-up. Therefore, I'd run them until Spring anyway, so no need for me to rush and get wheels/tires just because.

For me, suspension mods with larger tires are really going to be dependent on engineered solutions with designs focused on functionality and minimal compromise. Ford's own Sasquatch option compromises suspension travel distance compared to stock Badlands, which I find baffling. I have to think that someone will get it right, when they throw some resources and $$ at it. That is when I'll entertain a lift for 37" or above, and then select a tire size that was designed to work with that system. I see many people slapping on a front 1" level lift on their stock badlands, then throwing on 35s. I believe with the extra suspension travel that Badlands has, there may be tire interference that people won't realize until it's too late - especially when using aftermarket wheels with improper wheel offset that push the tires out further than designed. The other problem I see with the 1" level lift, is that they all look to now be sitting higher in the front than the rear, and that's without a load in the rear!

Further to my points on suspension, I plan to do a second row delete, likely a solution from Goose Gear: https://www.goose-gear.com/collecti...e-for-ford-bronco-2021-present-6th-gen-2-door

Should I decide to max out with only 35s, I will need to take into account the tare weight of the vehicle, before thinking about a simple level lift. If the ass-end gets considerably lighter, then maybe a 1" level lift would work. On the other hand, the system may end up heavier than seats, and make the 1" level lift even worse in appearance.

Anyway, these are all fun "problems" to have, but I plan to exercise patience with modding the Bronco. That's the plan anyway, I hope I can keep the 5 y.o. me, in check! :LOL:

I think I'm pretty much with you on this. I'm not in a big rush, I can leave the Bronco stock until the right lift comes along, but I'd reaaaally like to get a winch attached just so I can do some light wheeling on it as the build progresses.

Rear seat delete looks pretty cool. I am a little jealous of the two door folks. I had to go with 4-door. Already have the 2-door thing covered with my TJ.

Mud,Sweat and Gears

Oct 18, 2021

Sheesh, reading this thread I thought I was 6g
IL21Bronco, Bronc96

Rank V

Oct 18, 2021

I think I'm pretty much with you on this. I'm not in a big rush, I can leave the Bronco stock until the right lift comes along, but I'd reaaaally like to get a winch attached just so I can do some light wheeling on it as the build progresses.

Rear seat delete looks pretty cool. I am a little jealous of the two door folks. I had to go with 4-door. Already have the 2-door thing covered with my TJ.

So far, most if not all winch solutions seem to block the camera. I'm hoping for a front bumper with hitch, so the winch can be moved from front to back as needed, and moved out of the way when camera is needed. I'm sure this will take time to market, as most Vendors seem to be focused on 4 door rigs without cameras (likely because that's what more people are buying, and more of what Ford is producing). Patience will be everything, as future owner of a 2 dr. Badlands with High package. Vendors want to go after that low hanging fruit first, so it could be a long wait . . . but if I've learned anything, waiting for anything Bronco is part of the lifestyle.

Built Wild (Eventually)

You Need a Bronco (Just not any time soon)
Reserved 7/14/20 - Ordered Converted 1/19/21: 2 Dr Cyber Orange Badlands w/ 2.3L, 7MT, MGV, High, Tow
Tentative Build Date - Week of 11/15/21
Toys: 1971 FJ40 - 1989 Toyota Pickup - 1998 C5 vert

Oct 18, 2021

Sheesh, reading this thread I thought I was 6g

Was gonna ask who's making or bringing the popcorn, guess I will

1634588802073.png
Bronc96, Deano Bronc

Mud,Sweat and Gears

Oct 18, 2021

Was gonna ask who's making or bringing the popcorn, guess I will

Don't they throw chairs or something?

Oct 18, 2021

Don't they throw chairs or something?

Even more reason for the popcorn

Rank II

Oct 19, 2021

So far, most if not all winch solutions seem to block the camera. I'm hoping for a front bumper with hitch, so the winch can be moved from front to back as needed, and moved out of the way when camera is needed. I'm sure this will take time to market, as most Vendors seem to be focused on 4 door rigs without cameras (likely because that's what more people are buying, and more of what Ford is producing). Patience will be everything, as future owner of a 2 dr. Badlands with High package. Vendors want to go after that low hanging fruit first, so it could be a long wait . . . but if I've learned anything, waiting for anything Bronco is part of the lifestyle.

Built Wild (Eventually)

You Need a Bronco (Just not any time soon)

Agree here also, I'd like to keep the camera and sensors.

It has made me look into aftermarket camera for the TJ, but it may intrude on the primitive nature of my Jeep beast.