Advice on delivery

Crazy150
Jun 28, 2022

Rank I

Jun 28, 2022

Full story. I reserved a 2DR on the reveal day or whatever it was called. Whenever orders started I get a call from the dealer. I had changed my mind and decided not to order. I filled out a form To get my $100 back and didn’t really think about it any more for a while.

Then I started getting emails about my wild track order. I just ignored at first and went back and looked and didn’t see my $100 refund. At this time the market was nuts and I thought maybe I’d just show up tot he dealer on delivery day and take the bronco and flip it.

Today, the dealer called and said the truck is on the lot and not sure what to do. I don’t really want a 4DR and it has all the bells and whistles that I don’t really want either (I wanted manual). The OTD for the truck is just over 68k which is more than I want to spend on a 3rd/weekend vehicle. Is the market still hot for these?

Its a 4DR wildtrak with the satch group 354A, Area51, black leather.
TK1215
Last edited by a moderator: Jun 28, 2022

Rank V

Jun 28, 2022

That is a highly desired vehicle that a lot of people on this forum would just about die for.

Life is a Highway

Jun 28, 2022

Full story. I reserved a 2DR on the reveal day or whatever it was called. Whenever orders started I get a call from the dealer. I had changed my mind and decided not to order. I filled out a form To get my $100 back and didn’t really think about it any more for a while.

Then I started getting emails about my wild track order. I just ignored at first and went back and looked and didn’t see my $100 refund. At this time the market was nuts and I thought maybe I’d just show up tot he dealer on delivery day and take the bronco and flip it.

Today, the dealer called and said the truck is on the lot and not sure what to do. I don’t really want a 4DR and it has all the bells and whistles that I don’t really want either (I wanted manual). The OTD for the truck is just over 68k which is more than I want to spend on a 3rd/weekend vehicle. Is the market still hot for these?

Its a 4DR wildtrak with the satch group 354A, Area51, black leather.
Ahh just walk away. Nothing but ADM for whom ever purchase it. Make sure to get your hundred bucks back
LR48, TitsLaRue

Beers, Broncos, and Battlestar Galactica

Jun 28, 2022

I'm confused. You canceled your 2 door Wildtrak order but never got your $100 deposit back. If you canceled your order, why does the dealer think this 4 door Wildtrak is yours?
2023 Ford Bronco Badlands Sasquatch • 2-Door • Velocity Blue • 2.7L V6 • 10-Speed • Lux • Various Mods...
"True happiness is to enjoy the present, without anxious dependence upon the future." - SENECA

Rank V

Jun 28, 2022

The dealer didn't actually cancel his order, apparently... maybe on purpose, so they could keep the order on the books and charge ADM when this situation inevitably came around?

That build could have gone to someone waiting patiently that wanted it, since it's a 4DR + Sasquatch it's one that was delayed more than the lesser optioned builds. But, yep, this customer's gonna walk away and the dealer's getting his ADM as hoped.
BuckYeah

Rank I

Jun 28, 2022

I'm confused. You canceled your 2 door Wildtrak order but never got your $100 deposit back. If you canceled your order, why does the dealer think this 4 door Wildtrak is yours?
I never placed an order, just had the reservation but that’s the one I was interested in at the time. Lot has happened since in the car world and decided not to order. Dealer or someone at the dealership used my reservation to place an order anyway for a top trim model.

When you guys ordered did it not require an additional deposit at all?

Anyway, if there was a way toget this truck in the hands of someone here, then I’d love to help.
EvlNvrDys

Moab or bust!!!

Jun 28, 2022

I never placed an order, just had the reservation but that’s the one I was interested in at the time. Lot has happened since in the car world and decided not to order. Dealer or someone at the dealership used my reservation to place an order anyway for a top trim model.

When you guys ordered did it not require an additional deposit at all?

Anyway, if there was a way toget this truck in the hands of someone here, then I’d love to help.
Most of the early reservation holders did not have to pay an additional down payment when the Bronco was ordered.
2022 Bronco Badlands, 4D, Hot Pepper Red, 2.7, Squatch, Lux, and MIC.
7/13/2020 10:04pm reservation. Blend 6/16/2022 Delivered 6/26/2022.
Dealership - Stephen's Auto Center.

Beers, Broncos, and Battlestar Galactica

Jun 28, 2022

Oh, gotcha. I misread your original post. I interpreted your decision not to order as a cancellation of your order (that was never placed). Ford kept your deposit, then. At this point, since you never placed an order, I would think the dealer should refund your $100 as a good faith gesture on Ford’s behalf. I mean, they’re going to gain a lot more than $100 profit on the sale of the vehicle they surreptitiously ordered. Get your $100 back from someone…anyone!
2023 Ford Bronco Badlands Sasquatch • 2-Door • Velocity Blue • 2.7L V6 • 10-Speed • Lux • Various Mods...
"True happiness is to enjoy the present, without anxious dependence upon the future." - SENECA

Rank 0

Jun 28, 2022

Dealers must deliver a certain percentage of Broncos to the named reservation holder through a name match program. It's likely in this case that they took the gamble on other orders going to the correct person and believed they could eat this one, so they retained the order and built it during the 2022 conversion. If they are reaching out to you now to take it, they may have missed the mark with other orders.

You can still get your $100 back, it's one click of a button in the dealer reservation site and can be claimed at any time.

As for your question on desire-ability, we had a customer drop out of their order after it was on the assembly line (I know, crazy) so we offered it to the next unscheduled person in line with the closest matching order. We also don't sell above sticker. That being said, I got offers from other dealers looking to wholesale transfer the vehicle for $19k over sticker almost daily. Meaning, they would pay us $19k over sticker then resell it as new and they would have to mark it up from there to make any profit. (Also crazy)

If you are in the position to purchase it and they don't have some crazy mark up, even Carvana will buy it from you for $5k over sticker, sight unseen. That being said, you might make a friend for life if you can secure it for someone here.
ried, TK1215

Rank I

Jun 28, 2022

Dealers must deliver a certain percentage of Broncos to the named reservation holder through a name match program. It's likely in this case that they took the gamble on other orders going to the correct person and believed they could eat this one, so they retained the order and built it during the 2022 conversion. If they are reaching out to you now to take it, they may have missed the mark with other orders.

You can still get your $100 back, it's one click of a button in the dealer reservation site and can be claimed at any time.

As for your question on desire-ability, we had a customer drop out of their order after it was on the assembly line (I know, crazy) so we offered it to the next unscheduled person in line with the closest matching order. We also don't sell above sticker. That being said, I got offers from other dealers looking to wholesale transfer the vehicle for $19k over sticker almost daily. Meaning, they would pay us $19k over sticker then resell it as new and they would have to mark it up from there to make any profit. (Also crazy)

If you are in the position to purchase it and they don't have some crazy mark up, even Carvana will buy it from you for $5k over sticker, sight unseen. That being said, you might make a friend for life if you can secure it for someone here.
That’s great info thanks. How long you think I can delay to try to find someone that might want it? I love to get it in the hands of an enthusiast rather than just a few extra $ in the dealer’s pocket.

Rank 0

Jun 28, 2022

That’s great info thanks. How long you think I can delay to try to find someone that might want it? I love to get it in the hands of an enthusiast rather than just a few extra $ in the dealer’s pocket.
I can't speculate on that as it's up to the integrity of the dealer. If you've already told them that you don't want it, they probably have a list of dozens of takers. Let them know you would like to move forward with it and set up a test drive. At that time, if you have to draw funds from your investments, that may buy you a week...if you get what I mean.

Good luck!
Crazy150

Rank I

Jun 28, 2022

Where is it located

Rank I

Jun 28, 2022

Where is it located
South Florida. I just drove it. They had “market rate adjustment” of $25k. He said I have 72 hours from yesterday so one more day.
ResidualGenius, nomibronco22

That's a terrible idea, when do we start?

Jun 28, 2022

Most of the early reservation holders did not have to pay an additional down payment when the Bronco was ordered.
I didn't. Second day reservation with $100, converted to an order in Jan 2021 with no additional deposit. Converted to a MY22 in Oct. 21. Took delivery in Jan 2022 with no ADM (i.e. got it for sticker).
4 Door BadSquatch | Soft-top | Velocity Blue | 2.7 Auto | Towing | Lux | Leather
Deano Bronc

Libations MOD

Jun 28, 2022

South Florida. I just drove it. They had “market rate adjustment” of $25k. He said I have 72 hours from yesterday so one more day.
Shaddy A$$ dealers!! SMDH $25k ADM fee too bad @Ford Motor Company doesnt care
WT HOSS 4dr 2.7 MIC Lux Tow
7/16/20 Res -- 1/22/21, 10/8/21 Order -- 3/24/22 VIN -- 5/9/22, 5/23/22, 5/16/22, 6/6/22, 6/17/22 Build 7/15/22 Delivered
Storm Factor - Never Stop Chasing! BrawnCo.Club 501c3 Pending