Advice For a Moab Adventure

Kid witha 89
Dec 21, 2021

Rank III

Dec 21, 2021

I'm asking this to all Bronco owners who have been to Moab or who have experience on similar trails: Any advice for a visit to Moab? I've been looking into taking a road trip with my brother next year (2022) and we thought maybe we'd go to Moab. I'd be taking a 1989 Bronco and he'd have a 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee (I'm sorry for mentioning a Jeep on the Bronco forum). The Jeep is pretty heavily modified but the Bronco is almost completely stock. Any advice for making it more capable on a bit of a budget? What are the need to have items, if any?
TorgSurv
Last edited by a moderator: Dec 21, 2021

Rank V

Dec 21, 2021

Get the Well's book Moab 4x4 Trails. It is available on Amazon . It tells you about many of the trails in Moab and gives you direction, difficulty, and points of interest. That way you can decide what trails are best for your vehicles.
Shoresy, SlashRacer

Rank V

Dec 21, 2021

You might want to join Red Rock 4x4, www.rr4w.com. They have a great website and a list of all the trails, their rantings, etc. A lot of the trails have a google earth KML file. You can then take that file and covert it to a Garmin or other map formats to use on phones, GPS, etc. I think an associate membership is only $35. This money helps them keep the trails open for us to enjoy. MONEY WELL SPENT!!
SlashRacer, TorgSurv

Rank III

Dec 21, 2021

You might want to join Red Rock 4x4, www.rr4w.com. They have a great website and a list of all the trails, their rantings, etc. A lot of the trails have a google earth KML file. You can then take that file and covert it to a Garmin or other map formats to use on phones, GPS, etc. I think an associate membership i only $35. This money helps them keep the trails open for us to enjoy. MONEY WELL SPENT!!
Thanks, I'll definitely look into that!

Off-Roadeo Ranger

Dec 23, 2021

Look me up when you come down, and come visit the Bronco Off-Roadeo Base Camp. Maybe we can do a trail or two with you.

I recommend a recovery kit, traction boards, and air compressor. If you have the budget for it, solid aftermarket bumpers with recovery points is a good idea.
Deano Bronc, Crawler Green

Rank III

Jan 12, 2022

Look me up when you come down, and come visit the Bronco Off-Roadeo Base Camp. Maybe we can do a trail or two with you.

I recommend a recovery kit, traction boards, and air compressor. If you have the budget for it, solid aftermarket bumpers with recovery points is a good idea.
I'll definitely give you a search, although the trip may be post-poned due to some sudden issues. Thanks for the advice
TorgSurv