Additional Dealer Premium fees

Ike
Mar 02, 2021

Rank 0

Mar 02, 2021

I just tried to order my First Edition earlier today, until my local dealer added a premium fee of $10,000.
Has anybody else run into this and are there dealers out there that aren't so damn greedy?
FORD...you shouldn't allow this
Bronco liven, Bronclahoma
Last edited by a moderator: Mar 02, 2021

Mar 02, 2021

I just tried to order my First Edition earlier today, until my local dealer added a premium fee of $10,000.
Has anybody else run into this and are there dealers out there that aren't so damn greedy?
That is ABSOLUTELY BS, Ike! Sad that this dealership feels so entitled to be able to attempt this... YES, SWITCH DEALERSHIPS ASAP.
Bronclahoma, Steve777468

Rank VI

Mar 02, 2021

That is absolutely insane! Are there other Ford dealers in your area? I'd call around to see what other dealers would offer, and if one of them gives a price more to your satisfaction, I'd call Ford to switch. The Online Reservation FAQ's on this page... https://www.ford.com/suvs/bronco/2021/reservation-information/ , tells you how to change your dealership. You can change up until Mar 19.

At least with a First Edition reservation you are guaranteed to get a MY21 :) .
‘22, 4 door Badlands, 2.3l, MT, MIC top, lux, Sasquatch, tow. Velocity Blue.
Build Complete --> 5/5/2022. Delivered 5/25/2022.
Bronco Nation #1115
Steve777468, TrailReady

Gladesmen

Mar 03, 2021

Absolutely run as fast as you can from that dealership. FORD does not want dealerships to charge mark ups on the Broncos. I would also let everyone know what the name of that dealership is and what they are doing so we can all steer clear from them.
Bronco Nation 1100. Everglades, Desert Sand
Res: 7/30/20 ordered 1/22/21 reorder 10/15/21 changed to Everglades 3/9/22 schedule 8/29/22 bumped to 9/5; 9/7/22 blend, 9/9 Mods, 9/26/22 completed, 10/7 shipped, 11/3/22 delivery
Bronc96, Steve777468

Rank V

Mar 03, 2021

There are dealers out there that are $1000 under Invoice... They post on the other site, but not here, since this one is controlled by Ford I assume...
'21 AMB Basesquatch 2 Door. 2.7. 569 days from reservation to delivery
Shadowblade

Rank II

Mar 03, 2021

No. No. No. Switch - just contact ANY dealer and tell them you’ll switch to them but only at MSRP or better. I live in a State FAMOUS for ADM because... it’s and island... where else are you going to go? But even I’m getting MSRP on my FE. They can either make some money off your FE order (at MSRP) or they can make NO money because you take your order somewhere else.
Bronc96, Steve777468

Rank III

Mar 03, 2021

There are unfortunately to many dealerships out there that are charging ADMs. My original dealership wanted $5k ADM I ran very quickly. The dealership I am with now, is charging me MSRP. You should be able to easily find a better dealer.

Just curious does your mark up dealership have a history of no communication or lack of information on the Bronco?

Rank VI

Mar 03, 2021

There are dealers out there that are $1000 under Invoice... They post on the other site, but not here, since this one is controlled by Ford I assume...
Bronco Nation is not controlled by Ford.
Bronco Nation Member #0000
Instagram: bdawson24
Bronc96, Bronclahoma

Rank V

Mar 03, 2021

I contacted several dealers before I made my reservation and got it in writing that there would be no dealer markup. Had to go 100 miles from my home to do it, but not a problem for me. Local dealer sucks. As others have said, run from them and find a dealer with some integrity. They do exist.
Badlands 2dr, Sas, 2.7, Lux, Erupt Grn, Res 8/27/20, MY21-1/29/21
MY22-10/21/21, Sch 8/22/22, Blt 8/29/22, Ship 9/1/22, Del 9/16/22
NVSUR, Bronc96

Rank V

Mar 03, 2021

Ford has already made it crystal clear to dealerships that the sticker price is the price customers will pay.

When dealers claim to have a “discount” like this, they’re just charging that in the form of dealership fees that they are hush-hush about until the customer agrees on the selling price and sits down in the finance office.
My dealership charges a documentation and processing fee of $399 but that’s it. Literally that’s it, and that’s what pays our finance guy’s bills. And we are up front about it too. Other dealers around here have been known to have several grand worth of hidden fees after the customer agrees to buy the vehicle, it’s BS.
So I’m weary of dealers claiming to give discounts more than I am weary of dealers slapping premiums on top of the sticker price.
NVSUR

Rank V

Mar 03, 2021

Report that dealer to corporate, and go elsewhere.

A word of the wise for everyone else in this thread, make sure your dealer has shown you the final out-the-door price with taxes and fees included.

As a Ford salesman myself, I cringe when I hear of people getting thousands of dollars off MSRP for the Broncos.
Ford is NOT allowing rebates of any form on MY21 Broncos. Which means sticker price is the sales price. Anyone claiming to give you discounts is going to add that into a hidden fee at close. Meaning the “sale price” with $2000 discount of $40,000 ($42000 MSRP) will turn out to be at least, if not more than $42000 after the dealer adds in their fees.

A processing fee of a couple hundred bucks is standard in the industry and that’s what pays the finance team’s bills. But a “dealer fee” of $1000+ is bull.
Pakrat, NVSUR

Rank V

Mar 03, 2021

A word of the wise for everyone else in this thread, make sure your dealer has shown you the final out-the-door price with taxes and fees included.

As a Ford salesman myself, I cringe when I hear of people getting thousands of dollars off MSRP for the Broncos.
Ford is NOT allowing rebates of any form on MY21 Broncos. Which means sticker price is the sales price. Anyone claiming to give you discounts is going to add that into a hidden fee at close. Meaning the “sale price” with $2000 discount of $40,000 ($42000 MSRP) will turn out to be at least, if not more than $42000 after the dealer adds in their fees.

A processing fee of a couple hundred bucks is standard in the industry and that’s what pays the finance team’s bills. But a “dealer fee” of $1000+ is bull.

Agree with most of your post. My local dealer is selling to me and some I referred to him at invoice. Small family owned dealership for ~70 years Last of a dying breed. My salesman is the 3rd generation owner. Yeah, he and his employees are my neighbors and I'll take his deal instead of travelling to save a grand.
'21 AMB Basesquatch 2 Door. 2.7. 569 days from reservation to delivery
SlashRacer, Pakrat

Rank V

Mar 03, 2021

Agree with most of your post. My local dealer is selling to me and some I referred to him at invoice. Small family owned dealership for ~70 years Last of a dying breed. My salesman is the 3rd generation owner. Yeah, he and his employees are my neighbors and I'll take his deal instead of travelling to save a grand.

That makes plenty of sense and that’s the rare exception. The majority of people I’ve heard say dealers are offering discounts off of non-discountable cars (not just Broncos either, I also sell Hyundais and the Palisade SUV is so popular the sticker price is the sales price as well), or swear up and down the dealership down the street is offering 5k more than their trade is worth, gets screwed with hidden fees at closing.
Jakob1972, NVSUR

Rank 0

Mar 04, 2021

I would also recommend transferring dealerships. Time may be growing short with the closing of the ordering window in mid March.
Much better pricing is readily available. FYI my quote in writing from my local dealer "Its invoice + 175 done deal (minus tax and plate
obviously). No deposit required". Good luck
BuzzyBud, NVSUR

Rank III

Mar 04, 2021

Why not post the name of this dealer? This gouging is indicative of his overall business philosophy. A dealer to be avoided by enthusiasts esspecially. He likely has a huge doc fee as well. And BS products added to the cars when they arrive so they can make even more profit.

I was lucky to get a great deal on the BS BL I have ordered. There are dealers out there who will deal with you and they deserve the business. I don't like the trend of corporate owned stores in the auto business. Customers just aren't treated as well as dealerships where the guy that runs it has his name on the sign and is accessible to customers.
Jakob1972, NVSUR

Rank III

Mar 04, 2021

I'm sorry but there are multiple legitimate dealers offering discounts. You may not believe it but hundreds of people have got papers saying so. And their fees are no where near the discount. My fee is a whopping $394 which in most areas is pretty standard. The out the door price with all taxes, plates, and fees ends up just under MSRP.
Deano Bronc

Rank V

Mar 04, 2021

I'd be very suspect of any dealer going under MSRP. Just as much as one charging above MSRP. Zero reason to offer reservation holders below MSRP when there is a line of 100K reservation holders right behind you. Look at your order carefully because they will tax you somewhere else. Simply no incentive to give away money on this Bronco. Look at the fine print cuz they will get you on the trade-in or financing or "rust protection" or whatever.

I can see it now.... "You didn't want that underbody coating? Too late, it's already applied. That will be $1250 on top of MSRP. Don't worry we already discounted you $1000!"

If it pans out point me in the direction of that dealer. I've got some oceanfront property in Nevada I'd like to sell him!
4DR BL-Cactus Gray - Sas - 2.7 - 10 Spd - Lux - Soft Top
Res 7/14 - Ord 1/20 - VIN 8/26 - Sticker 10/12 - Blend 10/18

Moab or bust!!!

Mar 04, 2021

I'd be very suspect of any dealer going under MSRP. Just as much as one charging above MSRP. Zero reason to offer reservation holders below MSRP when there is a line of 100K reservation holders right behind you. Look at your order carefully because they will tax you somewhere else. Simply no incentive to give away money on this Bronco. Look at the fine print cuz they will get you on the trade-in or financing or "rust protection" or whatever.

I can see it now.... "You didn't want that underbody coating? Too late, it's already applied. That will be $1250 on top of MSRP. Don't worry we already discounted you $1000!"

If it pans out point me in the direction of that dealer. I've got some oceanfront property in Nevada I'd like to sell him!
I am going with one of those dealers that is offering $1000 under invoice and I am confident there will be no "extras" added on. It's all guaranteed and in writing what the fees will be and there will be no extras. I'll be glad to show you the invoice around next January but you'll be hearing about all the satisfied customers well before then. I realize there are a lot of shady dealerships out there, but it doesn't mean they are all shady. While the pessimists are saying it can't be done, I'll be enjoying my Bronco with a few extra pesos in the bank.
2022 Bronco Badlands, 4D, Hot Pepper Red, 2.7, Squatch, Lux, and MIC.
7/13/2020 10:04pm reservation. Blend 6/16/2022 Delivered 6/26/2022.
Dealership - Stephen's Auto Center.
Thane, 14U

Rank V

Mar 04, 2021

Keeps us posted on that! Hope it works out.

I just find it hard to believe anyone would give up $1000 in this day and age when they literally have a captive audience. There isn't a dealer in the US who doesn't have a buyer for every allocated Bronco they have. $1000 is more than they net on many car sales. Just doesn't pass the old eyeball test is all I'm saying. How's the saying go.... A**, Grass, or Cash...Nobody rides for free!
4DR BL-Cactus Gray - Sas - 2.7 - 10 Spd - Lux - Soft Top
Res 7/14 - Ord 1/20 - VIN 8/26 - Sticker 10/12 - Blend 10/18
Deano Bronc

Rank III

Mar 04, 2021

Believe what you want, it's your money. There is no catch if you do your homework and stick with one of the legitimate guys. These few dealers are smart and will reap the rewards when they are allocated many more units in the future than the ones that did not sell hardly a one. This is a mass produced vehicle not a limited run. No need to treat it as such.
Pakrat, Deano Bronc