Feb 03, 2021

How about some owner feedback on MPG.

Add What Engine
Add What type of driving city%/hwy%

Are your numbers the vehicles estimate?
Or
Did you do tank to tank math?
Also
How close is vehicle guestimate to your actual tank to tank math?
DRWright, Bronclahoma
Last edited by a moderator: Feb 03, 2021

Rank II

Feb 08, 2021

I have the 2.0, 700 miles and its claiming 24.8 mpg average.

I live in the country and commute into the nearby (12 miles) town. I'm about 12-20 miles from all my errands and work, all down an average of 55-65 mph road. I'm pretty gentle on vehicles but never under the speed limit.
bdawson24, 14U

Rank V

Mar 21, 2021

ANY Bronco Sport owners keeping an eye on mpg?
REAL world feedback appreciated!
BadlandsVaro, Tannerjay87

Rank II

Mar 21, 2021

ANY Bronco Sport owners keeping an eye on mpg?
REAL world feedback appreciated!
Mine is definitely going down since new. Perhaps driving habits. I'll post today. It is however, not bad mpg (10 year full size pickup with v8 owner for reference)
benjaminkrawiec

Rank 0

Mar 23, 2021

I have a Big Bend with a little over 1000 miles on it. The other day I did a calculated check on the mileage On a level 4 lane, with only a few up and downs entering and leave it, and keeping within a few MPH of the speed limit of 55 mph, and going just short of 200 miles. I got a calculated MPG of 35 and the number on the dash was only a few tents higher! So far I am very pleased with this!
bdawson24, 14U

Rank V

Mar 23, 2021

I have an Outer Banks (1.5L); been averaging about 26MPG over the first 3000 miles in all sorts of weather/road conditions. We also live in a hilly area, lots of ups and downs!
FE: 4 Dr, A51, NP
BRaptor: HPR; Original GT Res - 7/14/20
14U, TrailReady

Rank 0

Mar 23, 2021

26 is my average for "around town" driving, also in a hilly region. Naturally mileage figures will vary from person to person. I am planning on taking a long trip out west and was try to determine the range of mileage I should expect. I think my 35 figure above is the best case scenario and I doubt I will drive all the way from Western PA to Denver, then Vegas at 55 mph! :cool:
Bronclahoma, TrailReady

Rank 0

Apr 15, 2021

I have 500 miles on my Big Bend with the 1.5 motor. I'm driving back and forth to work at about 10 miles one way per day. Right now I'm getting 27.6 mpg.
DRWright, Bronclahoma

Rank III

Apr 17, 2021

Just got my Badlands this week. On a trip of 50+ miles in Normal mode and driving for mileage, I got 28.8. A couple of days ago I installed a Stage III Thorton Chip Tuning chip that is supposed to add 60 HP and increase mileage 5 mpg. It takes a few days for these to reprogram the ECU and learn your driving habits. So I'm giving it some hard acceleration runs. Mileage since installation is only 15.5. Seems to have more torque at lower rpms and the fake V8 sound is greatly diminished. I'll report on results later, maybe start a thread on performance chips.
14U, benjaminkrawiec

Rank 0

Apr 18, 2021

I have 900 miles on my Badland edition, MPG is 26.1 with about 1/2 city and 1/2 highway ,Driving through Tahoe, Reno and Virginia city.
DRWright

Rank V

Apr 18, 2021

Just got my Badlands this week. On a trip of 50+ miles in Normal mode and driving for mileage, I got 28.8. A couple of days ago I installed a Stage III Thorton Chip Tuning chip that is supposed to add 60 HP and increase mileage 5 mpg. It takes a few days for these to reprogram the ECU and learn your driving habits. So I'm giving it some hard acceleration runs. Mileage since installation is only 15.5. Seems to have more torque at lower rpms and the fake V8 sound is greatly diminished. I'll report on results later, maybe start a thread on performance chips.
This is interesting.
Bronclahoma

Rank V

Apr 18, 2021

Took my brand new Badlands (2.0T) with the optional Wildpeak tires on a ~100mi trip the other day that was around 70% hwy and 30% city. Averaged just under 28mpg which 2mpg higher than the EPA rating for hwy! This was great to see, especially for a brand new motor. I plan to do manual calculations of MPG throughout the life of the vehicle. Curious to see how it is long term and how it compares to what the computer says.

Rank V

Apr 18, 2021

excited to hear more about this!
14U, Bronclahoma

Rank III

Apr 18, 2021

excited to hear more about this!
I ran one of these on my 2019 GMC Terrain Denali with a 2.0L turbo. It was quicker and got 2-3 more mpg. I'm skeptical they do all that's claimed. But, a 310HP BS would be fun.
benjaminkrawiec

Rank 0

Apr 20, 2021

Might want to read this thread, of hundreds of others before falling for this one. You can't rewrite a chip for performance through the OBD port. I find it hysterical that their company mailing address is a UPS Store.

https://www.giuliaforums.com/threads/thorton-chip-tuning.50112/

Rank 0

Apr 20, 2021

Yeah, the real story on these is all over the internet. Avoid. https://www.performancechipguide.co...i-cat-performance-chip-tuner-review-teardown/
Bronclahoma

Rank III

Apr 20, 2021

Might want to read this thread, of hundreds of others before falling for this one. You can't rewrite a chip for performance through the OBD port. I find it hysterical that their company mailing address is a UPS Store.

https://www.giuliaforums.com/threads/thorton-chip-tuning.50112/
Have you ever tried one? Granted many are scams, but my seat of the pants says this one has given me better acceleration and throttle response. Plus it's killed the fake V8 noise. Thanks for the feedback.

Rank 0

Apr 20, 2021

It's a toy with blinking lights. The scam has been going around for a while. It's sort of like saying you put different caps on your valve stems and it makes your tires last longer.
It's not technically, physically, mechanically possible to rewrite the computer through the ODBII port. In depth details are here:

https://www.performancechipguide.co...i-cat-performance-chip-tuner-review-teardown/
it's identical to many others being sold under varying brand names.

Rank III

Apr 20, 2021

I'm as skeptical of the website you quote as I am chip makers. I'll try this one for awhile and see if my mileage is improved. That is measurable and horsepower isn't unless you dyno. I'm sure not going to that length on something that isn't a high-performance vehicle. If my mileage isn't decent, I'll be the first to post here and advise folks not to waste their money.

Rank III

Apr 21, 2021

I had to run to a nearby town this morning and decided to check mileage in Eco with my "toy with the blinking lights" plugged in. Not far, just 30 mi, part interstate, part county roads. Averaged 34.5 mpg. BS Badlands with 2.0L. I wouldn't expect this from a vehicle with a 26 mpg highway rating. Only 400 miles on the engine.