Abs light on with doors off

Broncoholic
Jun 21, 2022

Rank I

Jun 21, 2022

So I picked up my bronco on Saturday. And of course the first thing I want to do is cruise around without the doors. So I pulled them off, no problem. I start her up and the ABS light is on and the parking brake is on. So I shut the engine off and restart, the ABS light goes out, I turn off the parking brake and good to go. I made a couple stops and every time I started it up, I had to shut it down and restart to get rid of the ABS light. I assume the parking brake come on as a safety precaution because the doors are off. Anyone else have this issue with the doors off? I had no issues with the doors on
Last edited by a moderator: Jun 21, 2022

Rank 0

Jun 21, 2022

Try buckling your seat belt BEFORE starting the Bronco when the doors are off.
the poacher, Shoresy

Rank I

Jun 21, 2022

Try buckling your seat belt BEFORE starting the Bronco when the doors are off.
Good idea. Thanks

Rank 0

Jun 21, 2022

Good idea. Thanks

Seriously I think it's a "feature" - not a bug. Also make sure the little door that seals that door wiring plug closes all the way as well.

HTH

Rank IV

Jun 21, 2022

I have also had issues with my parking break along with a number of other "dummy" light notifications. I do find that buckling all seat belts before starting the vehicle solves the parking break issue.

Rank I

Jun 21, 2022

I have also had issues with my parking break along with a number of other "dummy" light notifications. I do find that buckling all seat belts before starting the vehicle solves the parking break issue.
I can understand the parking brake thing. But the ABS light has me a little weirded out