Advocate II

Jun 17, 2020
Keyport, NJ, USA
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Skuya
Member #

So I picked up my bronco on Saturday. And of course the first thing I want to do is cruise around without the doors. So I pulled them off, no problem. I start her up and the ABS light is on and the parking brake is on. So I shut the engine off and restart, the ABS light goes out, I turn off the parking brake and good to go. I made a couple stops and every time I started it up, I had to shut it down and restart to get rid of the ABS light. I assume the parking brake come on as a safety precaution because the doors are off. Anyone else have this issue with the doors off? I had no issues with the doors on

Rank III

Advocate I

Oct 6, 2021
Lincoln Nebraska
First Name
Jennifer
Last Name
Heaton
Member #

I have also had issues with my parking break along with a number of other "dummy" light notifications. I do find that buckling all seat belts before starting the vehicle solves the parking break issue.

Broncoholic

Rank 0

Advocate II

Jun 17, 2020
Keyport, NJ, USA
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Skuya
Member #

I have also had issues with my parking break along with a number of other "dummy" light notifications. I do find that buckling all seat belts before starting the vehicle solves the parking break issue.
I can understand the parking brake thing. But the ABS light has me a little weirded out