Rank V

Don't delete

Jan 28, 2021
NY, USA
First Name
Barry
Last Name
Schurr
The Front License Plate Bracket: 153 should appear as a separate line item on your WBDO pdf printout if it was ordered. In New Hampshire, we do require a front license plate. However, I did ask my dealer the following;

Could you add the following notes to my file?
  • Please do not place any dealer identifiers on the vehicle?
  • Do not mount the front license plate holder. Place in the truck for the owner to install.
(y) Exactly. NY requires a front plate as well but I had the following added to my official sales order “Do not install front license plate on vehicle”.

I plan to figure out the proper aesthetic solution. YMMV

Reactions: RAVNLYF

Pakrat

Rank IV

Don't delete

Dec 15, 2020
Lake Tahoe, United States
First Name
Jud
Last Name
Gutheil
So thankful to live in a ARIZONA - no front license plate requirement, no daylight savings time BS and a 2A friendly state!
Hoping it is one of those where they throw it in the glove box and not installed at the dealer. In Nevada it is if you have a place to mount it from the dealer you have to install it. That daylight savings delete would be great also!

Reactions: KennyMac

RAVNLYF

Rank V

Super Supporter III

Jan 28, 2021
Prescott Valley Business Park, Dewey, Prescott Valley, AZ, USA
First Name
Russ
Last Name
xxxxx
Member #

Hoping it is one of those where they throw it in the glove box and not installed at the dealer. In Nevada it is if you have a place to mount it from the dealer you have to install it. That daylight savings delete would be great also!
Pakrat, I NEVER realized what a HASSLE DST was till I moved here... now, an afterthought. :)

Reactions: Pakrat

Deano Bronc

Rank VI

Don't delete

May 20, 2020
Winona Lake, IN, USA
First Name
Dean
Last Name
Smeltzer
Member #

Pakrat, I NEVER realized what a HASSLE DST was till I moved here... now, an afterthought. :)
Before 2006, Indiana never changed their time. Of course some politician thought it would be better to go to DST and we have been there since. I hate it and wish it was back the way it used to be.

Reactions: KennyMac

Gutter Clown

Rank IV

Super Supporter III

Jan 22, 2021
Indiana
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Austin
Before 2006, Indiana never changed their time. Of course some politician thought it would be better to go to DST and we have been there since. I hate it and wish it was back the way it used to be.
Speak for your part of Indiana lol... We have had DST as far back as I can remember.

Part of the state had DST and part of it didn't. Also part of the state was on EST and part on CST.

Reactions: Bschurr

Deano Bronc

Rank VI

Don't delete

May 20, 2020
Winona Lake, IN, USA
First Name
Dean
Last Name
Smeltzer
Member #

Speak for your part of Indiana lol... We have had DST as far back as I can remember.

Part of the state had DST and part of it didn't. Also part of the state was on EST and part on CST.
Haha, yeah we are about an hour from that line. We hit CST around Valparaiso. I guess I should have said MOST of Indiana didn't change the clocks.

srick76

Rank V

Supporter III

Jun 11, 2020
Butler, NJ, USA
Member #

The Front License Plate Bracket: 153 should appear as a separate line item on your WBDO pdf printout if it was ordered. In New Hampshire, we do require a front license plate. However, I did ask my dealer the following;

Could you add the following notes to my file?
  • Please do not place any dealer identifiers on the vehicle?
  • Do not mount the front license plate holder. Place in the truck for the owner to install.
I told my dealer DO NOT MOUNT THAT PLATE! He told me to remind him when it gets in. I told him don't even include it in the order but he made it seem like he had to. I know with my mustang I ordered, they put the plate frame in the trunk from the factory it wasn't mounted. I assume the dealer usually does it.

Reactions: Deano Bronc

Husker

Rank II

Super Supporter II

May 20, 2020
Nebraska
First Name
Harley
Last Name
Horton
How about the folding/tuck under brackets for plates??

David

Rank VI
Staff member
Super Moderator

Promoter II

Mar 19, 2020
Southgate, MI, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Liebmann
Member #

@David - can you confirm how this gram attaches to the vehicle? Does it snap into place, or does it screw into something in the engine compartment, or worse yet, does it require holes in the body??
@jparker might be able to add some commentary on it. I was not present for the pictures.

KennyMac

Rank IV

Supporter III

Dec 7, 2020
Alabama, USA
First Name
Kenneth
Last Name
MacAllister
@David - can you confirm how this gram attaches to the vehicle? Does it snap into place, or does it screw into something in the engine compartment, or worse yet, does it require holes in the body??
1/4" lag screws straight through the painted lower grille surround, obviously. I wish more people would rebel and refuse to install them, front tags ruin the design lines of most modern vehicles. No need here in Alabama, but if there was, I'd be constantly writing the state legislature about it. I know in California there is a luxury vehicle exemption you can get to avoid tarnishing the front end of a 300k Lamborghini, maybe a 60k Bronco is fancy enough to qualify...

Reactions: dvazana and jparker