A few questions about my Big Bend order...

88to21bronco
Feb 13, 2021

Rank IV

Feb 13, 2021

I ordered my Big Bend on January 26. Fingers crossed that enough ahead of me order the "Deadly Sins" so that I move up the list. A few questions:
1. I haven't been able to find anything about a backup camera. Is this standard?
2. I upgraded to the mid package. I read early reports of this including blindspot monitoring and perhaps LED taillights. True?
3. The mid package doesn't include the 10-speaker system. I wonder how easy it will be to add speakers...say, to the back roll bars.
4. I noticed as I revisited the build and price that the Area 51 color is now an option on the Big Bend. It was not previously. Is this new? I also noticed they changed the stock picture of the Cactus Gray, my color choice. Previously, it appeared more baby blue than it does now.
5. I have read varying reports on the towing capacity of the Bronco. I opted for the 2.7 and receiver hitch. I will pull an enclosed trailer, nothing too heavy. I wonder what the real-life towing ability of these will be... Reports from friends with the 2.7 in the F150's say there is plenty of torque. I realize suspension, weight, braking, etc... all come into play.
6. I've edited this three times lol... What about factory warranty? What type of terms are we looking at? Standard 3/36?
2017 Nissan Titan XD 4x4
2021 Ford Bronco Big Bend 4dr, cactus gray, soft top, 4.27 rear end
June 7--no wait, June 28 build date
Rydfree

Gladesmen

Feb 13, 2021

Welcome to the Nation.
I think the backup camera is standard issue for all trim levels. I am not 100% on this but I think if you want the LED tail lights you need the signature head lights. I am sure the Aftermarket will have something to add speakers, plus they will be better quality. As for CG I think that is why they changed it, the color is grey with a hint of green. It looked blue because of the ambient lighting. Several of these ford colors look different in different light.
Bronco Nation 1100. Everglades, Desert Sand
Res: 7/30/20 ordered 1/22/21 reorder 10/15/21 changed to Everglades 3/9/22 schedule 8/29/22 bumped to 9/5; 9/7/22 blend, 9/9 Mods, 9/26/22 completed, 10/7 shipped, 11/3/22 delivery
bigbend4J, Rydfree

Don't Follow Me ,I'm about to do something Stupid

Feb 13, 2021

Yes the backup camera is listed in the standard features in the base model . Every pkg above the base includes the items in the pkg before it . You can get LED tail lights on the BB but you have to add the signature headlight option to get them . The BB will tow a enclosed trailer just fine . All broncos include trailer sway control so just stay under the 3500lb limit and pay attention to the tongue weight to keep it safe .
2Dr Badlands - MIC - Area51 - 2.7 Auto - MGV - Headliner - High Pkg
Reserved 7/20/20 Delivered 5/6/23
"Ford said, hey we're gonna fulfill all reservations and pre-orders before we build stock units."
bigbend4J

Rank IV

Feb 13, 2021

I think the backup camera is legally required on every vehicle sold in the US now.

LED tail lights come with the signature lighting option. This isn't included in mid-package.

Bronco's are rated at most at 3500 lbs. Rangers with the 2.3L and similar driveline are rated at 7000 lbs. I believe the limiting factor for towing is the soft offroading suspension and not the powertrain's ability to move things.
bigbend4J, JMDESROCH

Rank IV

Feb 13, 2021

I think the backup camera is legally required on every vehicle sold in the US now.

That's interesting to know. I bought a Titan XD new in '17 and had to add a backup camera.

Thanks for all the responses.

By the way, here is a comparison of the same color from different times, the right one being a month old: bronco.jpg
2017 Nissan Titan XD 4x4
2021 Ford Bronco Big Bend 4dr, cactus gray, soft top, 4.27 rear end
June 7--no wait, June 28 build date
bigbend4J

Rank IV

Feb 13, 2021

That's interesting to know. I bought a Titan XD new in '17 and had to add a backup camera.

https://www.edmunds.com/car-technology/8-things-you-need-to-know-about-back-up-cameras.html
They have been required on all cars since May 2018. You got your Titan in before it became a required item.
Mastertiger87

Rank 0

Apr 15, 2021

The back up camera is standard, but it doesn't "beep" when you get close to something as you're backing up. However, it did "beep" as I was backing up once and someone drove behind me.