96 Headlight replacement

MidniteToker
Feb 11, 2022

Rank I

Feb 11, 2022

Hey y'all -

I purchased led headlights with the intent of replacing my halogens. The bulbs arrived, and are a perfect fit, and they work electronically. However, there is no mounting hardware to attach the assembly to the headlight housing. I'm sure there is probably a quick "jerry-rig" solution, but my small brain cannot figure it out...any ideas? Or, any links to the part that does have the correct connector? Thank you very much!

These are the lights I purchased:

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2022

No Ragerts

Feb 12, 2022

Hey y'all -

I purchased led headlights with the intent of replacing my halogens. The bulbs arrived, and are a perfect fit, and they work electronically. However, there is no mounting hardware to attach the assembly to the headlight housing. I'm sure there is probably a quick "jerry-rig" solution, but my small brain cannot figure it out...any ideas? Or, any links to the part that does have the correct connector? Thank you very much!

These are the lights I purchased:

Some quick research shows that the headlight bulb on a stock 1996 Bronco is a 9007 which handles both high & low beams. According to the Amazon description, the LED bulbs you purchased are supposedly compatible. The current bulbs should just twist 1/4 and pull straight out. Line up the notches on the new bulb to the headlight shroud and slide them in up to the gasket then give ‘em a 1/4 twist in the opposite direction and they should be installed. The large black finned heat sync on the back will remain outside the shroud. I hope this helps & good luck!
- 2023 Raptor / Shadow Black / MGV (DOB 8/30/23)
- 2023 Heritage Limited Edition / Robin’s Egg Blue / 4dr / (stolen from my dealer 11/15/23)

Gladesmen

Feb 12, 2022

I added the same lights to my 2004 F250 with 2005 headlight conversion. Mine seem like they are in upside down, when I hit the high beams they get brighter but it shines lower on the road and the regular beams are higher up. The regular lights are much better than the incandescent high beams so I have not monkeyed around with them yet. Plus my son keeps taking my truck so I never get to see it.
Bronco Nation 1100. Everglades, Desert Sand
Res: 7/30/20 ordered 1/22/21 reorder 10/15/21 changed to Everglades 3/9/22 schedule 8/29/22 bumped to 9/5; 9/7/22 blend, 9/9 Mods, 9/26/22 completed, 10/7 shipped, 11/3/22 delivery
Jstump99

Rank VI

Apr 30, 2022

I just twist twist twist until I find the groove haha. They should lock in place, as stated, but I have been given the wrong bulbs despite packaging denoting otherwise before
Base 4dr - Cyber Orange - 2.3 AT, Soft Top - Aux, Flr Lnrs, Keypad | Ordered 12/28/21 - W.S. 4/14/22 - Blend 4/21 - Built 4/25 - Shipped 5/19 - Final Prep 5/19