West Texas Checking In!

Jrod0486
Jul 10, 2020

Rank III

Jul 10, 2020

Can't wait for Monday to get here! I've been waiting, like lots of folks, on this for a while!

A little background on why I can't wait and why my girlfriend keeps pushing me to get a new one as soon as they are available.

I've always named my pets uniquely, and my dogs are no exception. When I rescued my boxer almost 3 years ago, I settled on the name Blazer for him. I had an old K10 in high school, and always wanted a K5. Well, Blazer and I moved to a new house 2 years ago with a larger backyard for him, and a garage for me. It was time to get Blazer a friend and I went back to the same rescue where I had found Blazer. The next day, after taking Blazer to meet his new friend/brother, I came home with a 90 lb pit mix, and named him Bronco.

Bronco had the best, most loving, and sweetest personality I had ever encountered with any pet. He was as gentle as any dog I'd ever met, was a great playmate for Blazer, and immediately fit in and was instantly a part of this small family. Bronco loved car rides and always ran errands with me in our small town. My girlfriend had entered my life and we always talked about taking Blazer for a ride in a Blazer (she really liked those when they first came out, but now we'll probably end up getting a Bronco Sport for her), and to take Bronco on rides in a Bronco.

This kind of became a stretch goal, wouldn't it be nice/cool kind of deal in the back of my head every time I'd look at cars or take Bronco to the store with me. It was kind of something that I wasn't sure would happen, but was nice to think about.

Well, fast forward to January of this year. We woke up one morning to Bronco having a puffy fave and feeling lethargic. After taking him to the emergency vet, and a whirlwind of calls, waiting, and planned procedures, and an overnight stay, we ended up losing our sweet boy. It turns out he had cancer, and took him as quickly as it had shown. It was the worst day I'd had since losing my stepfather.

Not only do I genuinely want a new Bronco, but I also have a box on my dresser with a blue collar wrapped around it, and I have to keep my word to friend to take him for a ride in a Bronco.
Yelie
Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2020

Rank 0

Jul 10, 2020

Livin in Austin, a sad but amazing story to have when you first sit in your new bronco with your buddy there on the inaugural drive.

Rank III

Jul 14, 2020

IMG_20200713_221540_585.jpg
Reserved Bronco's Bronco tonight.
Yelie, MizzouBronco

Rank 0

Jul 14, 2020

Bronco Reservation.png
Jrod0486

Road trip!!!

Jul 15, 2020

Bronco is going to enjoy his ride in your new Bronco. Our dog was sick last week and I thought we were going to lose here. $3,500 at the vet later and they still are not sure what was wrong with her. She on the other hand has made a 180 turn and is doing much better. Halo always rides with me/us whenever we go anywhere. She will enjoy riding in the new Bronco with the doors off.

Welcome to The Bronco Nation!
2021 Badlands, 4 door, 2.7L, Auto, LUX, SAS, Tow Package, MIC, Velocity Blue.
Jrod0486

Rank III

Jul 15, 2020

Bronco is going to enjoy his ride in your new Bronco. Our dog was sick last week and I thought we were going to lose here. $3,500 at the vet later and they still are not sure what was wrong with her. She on the other hand has made a 180 turn and is doing much better. Halo always rides with me/us whenever we go anywhere. She will enjoy riding in the new Bronco with the doors off.

Welcome to The Bronco Nation!
I'm glad to hear she is doing much better!
SlashRacer