Ford if you are reading this. Some suggestions for before and after launch!

beachman101
Jul 14, 2020

Rank 0

Jul 14, 2020

Stole this from another forum! and added some ideas

1. More colors please. Antimatter blue is great. But 3-5 different grey/blues/blacks isnt very cool. Lets get some military/forest greens , some sandy colors , maybe even a matte factory paint for people who will never take their car off road and will put neon running lights in the grill and blast rap music.

2. More information on the 2 doors storage situation. Based on pictures it has little to no storage but can be guessed that the seats fold down completely flat and flush giving us massive storage. Dont let us guess. Show and tell us. Also are these seats removable? If not they should be so people can make an oldschool bronco psuedo flatbed. IMO this should have been the design difference between the 2 door and 4 door but we cant have everything i guess. Also in addition to this. If the area does fold flat , maybe a third party can make a mounting thing on the tailgate to store the 2 doors.

3. Maybe a better configurator/website? It seems the trims and options are pretty complicated to navigate and understand. It took HOURS for me to realize that you can get the 2.7 in all trim levels and its not just exclusive in the wildtrek.

4. Is the mounting bracket on the dash M-lok spec? if not it should be because there are already a million accessories out there for m-lok. I believe its open source so it cant hurt to make a change like this.

5. Seeing alot of people talk about seat ventilation. Might be too late for the first year but people dont want swamp ass in their swamp vehicle.

6. Lots of people peeved about the no manual in 2.7. I dont personally care but maybe in future models , if its not possible to do an actual manual transmission for bigger engines. Maybe a electronic gear shifter or maybe paddles for people who want a bit more control.

7. Raptor engine or v8 at some point. People will pay for it. even if you have to design a new body for it and make it its own part of the bronco "family". My suggestion is the older 80-90s style flatbed with removable roof and 2 doors with 2 seats. People would eat that up even at land rover premiums. espeically if the tow rating is much higher. Call it the "bronco classic" or "bronco retro" or something. Also. Square headlights and chrome grill required.

8. Better clarification on interior colors and roof colors. Im seeing images of white interiors and white hardtops. But cant really see any information on these. White hard tops would be a big seller. and the space age interior might be a cool option too.
Gottahavabronco, LoneRanger
Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2020

Rank V

Jul 14, 2020

1. More colors please. Antimatter blue is great. But 3-5 different grey/blues/blacks isnt very cool. Lets get some military/forest greens , some sandy colors , maybe even a matte factory paint for people who will never take their car off road and will put neon running lights in the grill and blast rap music.

2. More information on the 2 doors storage situation. Based on pictures it has little to no storage but can be guessed that the seats fold down completely flat and flush giving us massive storage. Dont let us guess. Show and tell us. Also are these seats removable? If not they should be so people can make an oldschool bronco psuedo flatbed. IMO this should have been the design difference between the 2 door and 4 door but we cant have everything i guess. Also in addition to this. If the area does fold flat , maybe a third party can make a mounting thing on the tailgate to store the 2 doors.

3. Maybe a better configurator/website? It seems the trims and options are pretty complicated to navigate and understand. It took HOURS for me to realize that you can get the 2.7 in all trim levels and its not just exclusive in the wildtrek.

4. Is the mounting bracket on the dash M-lok spec? if not it should be because there are already a million accessories out there for m-lok. I believe its open source so it cant hurt to make a change like this.

5. Seeing alot of people talk about seat ventilation. Might be too late for the first year but people dont want swamp ass in their swamp vehicle.

6. Lots of people peeved about the no manual in 2.7. I dont personally care but maybe in future models , if its not possible to do an actual manual transmission for bigger engines. Maybe a electronic gear shifter or maybe paddles for people who want a bit more control.

7. Raptor engine or v8 at some point. People will pay for it. even if you have to design a new body for it and make it its own part of the bronco "family". My suggestion is the older 80-90s style flatbed with removable roof and 2 doors with 2 seats. People would eat that up even at land rover premiums. espeically if the tow rating is much higher. Call it the "bronco classic" or "bronco retro" or something. Also. Square headlights and chrome grill required.

8. Better clarification on interior colors and roof colors. Im seeing images of white interiors and white hardtops. But cant really see any information on these. White hard tops would be a big seller. and the space age interior might be a cool option too.
Well said! Want the Raptor V8 with better towing! 100% agree with your points!
-Ridin' dirty (as in mud)
tracythemighty

Rank 0

Jul 14, 2020

Ya they need a bronco that can tow
Thehime, katsess

Rank V

Jul 14, 2020

A configuration would definitely help. There are some errors in the info that’s out there that make things confusing.
katsess

Rank 0

Jul 14, 2020

ya really not a fan of how they set up the website. Needs more transparency of how the models differ. The "bio's" of the trims are poorly written and non descriptive
tracythemighty, katsess

Rank VI

Jul 14, 2020

This is a good list! I’m in love with the looks! I was so excited about the reveal for so long!! But when I found out that I can’t get the manual with the 2.7 I became majorly bummed out. I was so set on that combination. I’ve wanted a manual mated to a V6 or V8 since the announcement of the new Bronco. They totally took the wind outta my sails. I’m going to have to compromise or wait now and I wasn’t prepared for that! I just don’t understand why that combination won’t work? The Getrag is rated for the V6 power numbers! Why Ford? Why? From a loyal Ford fan of over 30 years.
4-DR Badlands MT MY23 Velocity Blue MIC Top High Trim beadlock rims KO2's Reservation 7/14/20 Ordered 10/03/22 Build Date 12/03/22 Arrived at Dealership 12/15/22 Home in garage 12/16/22
katsess

Rank V

Jul 14, 2020

You all know that the company is sponsoring this sight and is using it to gather into on the customer base .
katsess

Rank 0

Jul 14, 2020

This is a good list! I’m in love with the looks! I was so excited about the reveal for so long!! But when I found out that I can’t get the manual with the 2.7 I became majorly bummed out. I was so set on that combination. I’ve wanted a manual mated to a V6 or V8 since the announcement of the new Bronco. They totally took the wind outta my sails. I’m going to have to compromise or wait now and I wasn’t prepared for that! I just don’t understand why that combination won’t work? The Getrag is rated for the V6 power numbers! Why Ford? Why? From a loyal Ford fan of over 30 years.
I wouldnt be too bummed about it. Some of the things ford owners are doing to the 2.3l are insane. Somebody just posted this (keep in mind that its a little modified)

600HP 4beater

Also just a slight tune will allow you to meet the performance of the 2.7l.

r6ujes56j.png
Deano Bronc, GToddC5

Rank 0

Jul 14, 2020

You all know that the company is sponsoring this sight and is using it to gather into on the customer base .
yes thats why i posted it here! hopefully they see it and people post their ideas in this thread!
Motor repair, katsess

Rank VI

Jul 14, 2020

I wouldnt be too bummed about it. Some of the things ford owners are doing to the 2.3l are insane. Somebody just posted this (keep in mind that its a little modified)

600HP 4beater

Also just a slight tune will allow you to meet the performance of the 2.7l.

View attachment 1203
Thanks man! That does help. I’ve heard from Ranger owners who are amazed at the performance from the factory. I just don’t like the sound of a 4cyl. The Turbo sounds cool. The sound of a V6 is just a little less “tinty” for lack of a better word, lol. I just hate to drop $45-50k and not get exactly what I wanted. I'm gonna have to work through the feelings and thoughts. I'll probably come around eventually.
4-DR Badlands MT MY23 Velocity Blue MIC Top High Trim beadlock rims KO2's Reservation 7/14/20 Ordered 10/03/22 Build Date 12/03/22 Arrived at Dealership 12/15/22 Home in garage 12/16/22

Rank V

Jul 14, 2020

I want an old school spare tire cover with the bronco logo. The company should offer one before an outside supplier does
MANDO6, LoneRanger

Rank 0

Jul 14, 2020

Thanks man! That does help. I’ve heard from Ranger owners who are amazed at the performance from the factory. I just don’t like the sound of a 4cyl. The Turbo sounds cool. The sound of a V6 is just a little less “tinty” for lack of a better word, lol. I just hate to drop $45-50k and not get exactly what I wanted. I'm gonna have to work through the feelings and thoughts. I'll probably come around eventually.
correct me if im wrong but im pretty sure sound is based on engine displacement and the 2.3 and 2.7 are super close. They will never sound like a raptor or a v8 even with a glass pack.

Lots of people are getting the manual , and lots of people say the 2.3l is great. With tuning its apparently more than great. Im getting the 2.7 because i dont care for manual. But i think alot of people are getting scared off because of a slight displacement difference that functionally doesnt matter much.

Besides these things will have big resale value. If ford answers the call and does a manual raptor version/v8 you could always trade it in.
ZWSMITH, katsess

NDRWY

Jul 14, 2020

Agree, especially on towing capacity and colors - specifically a good green option and a bright yellow.

ALSO - THAT TOP BETTER NOT LEAK.

After lemon-lawing a 2012 JKU and exchaging for a 2014 JKUR which also leaked.....hope you do the removable roof better
katsess

Rank I

Jul 15, 2020

Two agree and add to it...

Manual with the 2.7L would be amazing (but I'll deal with the 2.3L happily as it is a good engine)
SOFT TOP FOR THE TWO DOOR!! I'm still getting the two door, but man I so wish it had an option for the soft top. But nope, hard top only for the two door based off of the Ford website. :-(
Gottahavabronco

Rank 0

Jul 15, 2020

soft top for the two door
offer throwback colors - alot of them - light green metallic ("boxwood?"), john deere green, calypso orange, butter yellow, classic navy
white top, white flares, white roll bars all the way around including the part that runs down the middle when the doors are off (B pillar?)
katsess

Rank V

Jul 15, 2020

Two agree and add to it...

Manual with the 2.7L would be amazing (but I'll deal with the 2.3L happily as it is a good engine)
SOFT TOP FOR THE TWO DOOR!! I'm still getting the two door, but man I so wish it had an option for the soft top. But nope, hard top only for the two door based off of the Ford website. :-(
That sure is disappointing. I'm pretty confident there will be plenty of aftermarket soft and bikini top options (and possibly OEM too) once these hit the road next year.

Rank V

Jul 15, 2020

soft top for the two door
offer throwback colors - alot of them - light green metallic ("boxwood?"), john deere green, calypso orange, butter yellow, classic navy
white top, white flares, white roll bars all the way around including the part that runs down the middle when the doors are off (B pillar?)
I'm hoping they'll add some specialty models with throwback colors over the next few years!

Rank IV

Jul 15, 2020

The next 2 bronco's should be:

1. I bronco pickup to compete with the Jeep gladiator
2. A fullsize 2 door bronco that can tow 8,000 lbs or more with a V8. (more of a desert runner) [based on raptor]

Since it's a brand that would round it out more. After that go for a Halo car.
2019 Ford F-150 Raptor
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands (reserved, ordered with note for My22)

RedNexican X Apalacian American: Goofyness!

Jul 15, 2020

thats a good list, i could care less about a v8. I would love a white top and grille option, I would like to see the manual in the 6cyl. (but I dont want that option) I agree on the M-lok dash stuff, but lets face it the new Bronco isnt an M4, its a truck. not sure how I feel about the vinyl seats but were going with seat covers so that doesnt matter to much for us.

L.R.

Rank 0

Jul 15, 2020

I couldn't agree more that to not have the manual/2.7l combo is perplexing. Why? I haven't ran across any concrete answer(s) as to why this pairing is not being offered. The Ford Bronco team should offer the why IMO as there is definitely demand. I'd bet a wooden nickel if you were to poll everyone of us who reserved a Bronco (seemingly the ones willing to pay for what we are asking for, not just trolling) if they could select a 2.3 or a 2.7 with a manual the data would support the option.

+1 on more visibility to details. I'm hoping the lack of details = listening for feedback and willing to make some config changes like a manual/2.7l setup. It's not like they are rolling off the line yet, so there is still time. I'd take a delayed delivery to get a 2.7 with a manual, all day.
RedneckBronco, ZWSMITH