Rank II

Supporter I

Jun 5, 2022
Virginia Beach, VA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Wills
On a side note......I'm not even sure if I'm going to take delivery of the Bronco when it arrives. Anyone else having doubts? Probably not if your posting on this forum thread :giggle:!

It's going to depend on if my dealership wants to back off the "surcharge". When I first ordered the Bronco they said it would be $7,500 over MSRP. That was in November or 2020 and again they reminded me of the "surcharge" when I updated the MY22 in October of 2021. Back then there were no Broncos anywhere in the area and hard to find any for sale on the internet.

Don't get me wrong I would love to have the Bronco I designed and have been following all these years. But the novelty has worn off a bit, my investments have taken a hit in the market, interest rates are up for auto loans, and more importantly there are a lot of Broncos for sale online. I've already found some pretty similar builds to mine for sale at MSRP and some base models at a way cheaper price than what mine is going to cost. I've also waited 2 years....I'm pretty sure I can wait another 2 years for an E or hybrid version similar to what Jeep has out now.
I would go in with the checkbook and pen. Tell them the market is changing quickly, Ford has been discouraging dealers from ripping off customers. You did not expect it to take this long when signed and are not as enthused about it as you were. If they want to lose a customer over one-time $7500 hit, let them keep it. They do really well at MSRP. Maybe offer to buy an extended warranty, so they make a little extra but you get some value as well.

frdfan

Rank V

Don't delete

Jan 12, 2022
LaVista Nebraska, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Larson
Well, not sure what's going on ... mine was slated for "week of 8/1" build, with 8/5 as the scheduled blend date, but when I check, it doesn't show any updates, and no modules added yet :(
I ran into that with my 7/29 blend date, I was 834/850 so definitely a late in the shift blend. I didn't see anything until last Monday afternoon, when my mods popped late in the day. So its likely you carried over into today. The end is near, you'll get there.

GaitherJ

Rank II

Super Supporter II

Jul 26, 2022
Kensington, MD, USA
First Name
Jefferson
Last Name
Betmarik
I would go in with the checkbook and pen. Tell them the market is changing quickly, Ford has been discouraging dealers from ripping off customers. You did not expect it to take this long when signed and are not as enthused about it as you were. If they want to lose a customer over one-time $7500 hit, let them keep it. They do really well at MSRP. Maybe offer to buy an extended warranty, so they make a little extra but you get some value as well.
Yeah that's pretty much exactly what I'm going to do. Hopefully it works out, but ultimately I'm prepared to walk away and find another one.

meyermi

Rank V

Promoter III

Jan 22, 2021
San Diego
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Meyer
Member #

If you see data in the modules section, and there is a 4 character "Tear Tag", your Bronco is built and is able to run on its own power. It's my understanding that once the Tear Tag populates, the Bronco has gone through quality control and is heading to the shipping yard. You'll likely get a "Built" email sometime today or overnight.
Not quite completely correct. Modules populated and tear tag assigned are just artifacts of a process, and there are still remaining QC checks that need to be done, and some kind of plant release decision that someone has to make before the “Built” status is achieved.. Otherwise, it stays “In Production”.

frdfan

Rank V

Don't delete

Jan 12, 2022
LaVista Nebraska, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Larson
Not quite completely correct. Modules populated and tear tag assigned are just artifacts of a process, and there are still remaining QC checks that need to be done, and some kind of plant release decision that someone has to make before the “Built” status is achieved.. Otherwise, it stays “In Production”.
exactly why I said, it was my understanding.

68 galaxie

Rank IV

Promoter II

Nov 4, 2021
Bryceville Fl
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Hyer
where are you located? Maybe I can go pick it up for you and keep it in my garage. I know you don’t want it sitting around the dealership for a week or two with all their customers touching it with their grubby hands and sitting in it, etc. The Bronco Nation has got you covered!:p
Thanks. But I trust my dealer and he will keep it safe and probably make a few sales while is sets in the show room .

GaitherJ

Rank II

Super Supporter II

Jul 26, 2022
Kensington, MD, USA
First Name
Jefferson
Last Name
Betmarik
I got some Bronco branded playing cards from Ford in the mail yesterday. Let's see so far Ford has sent me a very nice large format sketch of the new Bronco, a hammock, a Bronco flag, a baseball cap, a 1 hour off road drive at Summit Point Raceway, and 1 set of playing cards.

I have to admit it is kind of exciting getting the mail and seeing the Bronco logo and topo design packaging.

Maybe one day Ford will even send me my Bronco :D.

Broncy_OBX

Rank V

Promoter III

Mar 20, 2022
Texas
First Name
Priscilla
Last Name
C
Thats cool, I'm a late order holder so I haven't received any Bronco swag, it would be nice to get something. But Bronco would be best!

Reactions: GaitherJ

Broncy_OBX

Rank V

Promoter III

Mar 20, 2022
Texas
First Name
Priscilla
Last Name
C
It looks like a nice one. I called a while back to ask about any of the stuff and they said they weren't sending anything out anymore. Then the cards started showing up LOL. I'm hoping since the letter states "All" bronco family I will be included.

GaitherJ

Rank II

Super Supporter II

Jul 26, 2022
Kensington, MD, USA
First Name
Jefferson
Last Name
Betmarik
It looks like a nice one. I called a while back to ask about any of the stuff and they said they weren't sending anything out anymore. Then the cards started showing up LOL. I'm hoping since the letter states "All" bronco family I will be included.
I hope they hook you up.

Have you done the Off-Rodeo?

Mr. B

Rank IV

Advocate III

Feb 8, 2021
Houston, TX, USA
First Name
Dean
Last Name
Bernshausen
Member #

I think I got shorted....day two reservation and I've had my baby now for 7 weeks. LOVE HER.
Sketch poster
Hammock
Flag
Cards

Deanoa

Rank 0

Advocate I

Aug 10, 2022
Texas, USA
First Name
Dean
Last Name
Adams
Expect 2 months build minimum and 1 month delivery once it shows shipped. Delivery from rail yard to dealer depends on contractors hired by Ford.

GaitherJ

Rank II

Super Supporter II

Jul 26, 2022
Kensington, MD, USA
First Name
Jefferson
Last Name
Betmarik
Thanks, me too.
Yes, I went to Austin, it was awesome! You?
I had Austin Off-Rodeo scheduled for last May but had some family issues pop up and had to cancel the trip. My wife loves Austin and we were looking forward to it. I even planned a Fixer Upper tour for her in Waco.

Broncy_OBX

Rank V

Promoter III

Mar 20, 2022
Texas
First Name
Priscilla
Last Name
C
I had Austin Off-Rodeo scheduled for last May but had some family issues pop up and had to cancel the trip. My wife loves Austin and we were looking forward to it. I even planned a Fixer Upper tour for her in Waco.
Oh ya, she would have had a blast. I loved the ranch and the guides were the best. I got to do the ladies only one and it was an amazing day. If you reschedule definitely go to Magnolia table, we've liked everything we've tried. But they close at 3 so make sure you're there early.