Rigid Light Bar + Upfitter System Install and Review From Juggernaut Performance

David
Jul 21, 2021

Rank VI

Jul 21, 2021

Juggernaut Performance has been posting some install and review content over on Facebook. Check them out here!

Also, check out their install of some other Bronco accessories here.

Here's what they have to say about the Rigid light bar:

The roof accessory mounts are fantastic. Simply remove the plastic covers very easily and you're left with two studs.

We installed the Rigid roof bar (wiring will be done next week). It's very easy and self explanatory. Simply fasten the Brackets to the covers and bolt them back down! Plug holes with the covers. And boom, done! You can figure out the rest. It is not hard

Now for wiring! Ford did a great job setting this vehicle up for maximum ease of install! There are pre run accessory harnesses up to the right roof area, a pillar, and front and rear bumpers! We tapped the roof wiring for the light bar install. You can see in the pictures that there are small channels in the weatherstrip that seem to be made for this purpose. We passed our harness through, and then sealed it up with silicone. However, the drain channel is there, so the silicone was likely not necessary. We then wrapped right around into the trim panels. Both the outer panel and trim panel pop right off. Ford even provides new clips for this! As they don't always survive.

The visor is held on by one bolt, and a harness quick disconnect, then folds down and out of the hole. At this point you can see the upfitter wire there, taped to the main harness. Simple connect power to this wire, using the provided heat shrink and connector. Ford heat shrink is extremely nice, just make sure you heat it to the point of glue coming out both ends! We decided to ground with an eyelet and additional nut, on the weatherstrip stud, and it worked great.

Moving down to the right kick panel, we need to connect the roof lead to the main body lead. You can find both here, with two choices to jump over to the main fuse box area. We connected the roof harness wire to the white main wire.

From here we jump to the area just behind the main BJB. Here you will see the other end of the two wires in the kick panel area, as well as 6 colored leads (going to the upfitter switches). We chose Switch 2 for a 15 amp fuse, (saving the big one for the winch or other heavy draw items). Another connection, and boom. Done. Upfitter switch 2 now controls the lightbar!

Attachments

Bronco Nation Member #144
David in the Bronco Nation Forums
BroncoTroubadour on Instagram
Aeon365, Sdakotabronco

Rank VI

Jul 21, 2021

Additional images.

Attachments

Bronco Nation Member #144
David in the Bronco Nation Forums
BroncoTroubadour on Instagram
Aeon365, Dove Canyon Badlands

Rank V

Jul 21, 2021

Let us know if you hear any additional wind noise or whistles from the light bar, after you go out for your test drive. :unsure:
4 Dr OB/Carbonized Grey/SAS/Soft Top/2.7L/Auto/Lux/Tow Pkg
Reserved-7/15/20, Initial Order-1/30/21, Updated to Soft Top-6/28/21, Scheduled Build-10/19/21, In Prod-10/25, Built 11/1/21, Del 11/30/21
Bronco Hueso, Steve777468

Rank IV

Jul 21, 2021

Let us know if you hear any additional wind noise or whistles from the light bar, after you go out for your test drive. :unsure:
My question too, want to know about wind noise on the highway
Bronco Hueso, Munky

Rank V

Jul 21, 2021

Also tell us how bad the glare is. How much light comes into the cab, if you can actually see out the window or just a reflection of yourself.
Bronco Hueso, Dove Canyon Badlands

Rank 0

Nov 23, 2021

How did you get the sun visor off?

Rank IV

Jan 23, 2022

How did you get the sun visor off?
IS_M-15200K-BRL_010422.PDF (ford.com)
TEEDEE

No Ragerts

Jan 23, 2022

Good stuff - thanks for posting!

I recall an early install video where drilling was required near the passenger side accessory mount to get the wire into the cabin and connected to the supplies Aux wire - is this not the case? The overview above suggested that passing the wire under the weatherstripping is all that is required to access the Aix wire. Can someone please clarify?
- 2023 Raptor / Shadow Black / MGV (DOB 8/30/23)
- 2023 Heritage Limited Edition / Robin’s Egg Blue / 4dr / (stolen from my dealer 11/15/23)

Rank IV

Jan 23, 2022

I recall an early install video where drilling was required near the passenger side accessory mount to get the wire into the cabin and connected to the supplies Aux wire - is this not the case? The overview above suggested that passing the wire under the weatherstripping is all that is required to access the Aix wire. Can someone please clarify?
Yeah that’s my understanding. I have mine mounted and plan on doing the wiring today hopefully. It’s pretty much the way Juggernaut performance did it. The ford performance instructions use a different grounding point.

Rank IV

Jan 23, 2022

Update: So, the Ford Performance Rigid light bar comes with 2 mounting brackets. One for hard tops and one for soft tops. The soft top mount is the tall bracket. I installed the hard top bracket because I liked the lower profile. But after going for a drive, I understand why Ford Performance redesign a mount just for the soft tops. The shorter mount creates some turbulence the creates a lot of soft top noise at speeds over 30 mph. It sounds like a flag flapping in the wind. So I'm going to switch to tall mount as Ford intended. :)
Ditchrunner

Rank IV

Jul 21, 2022

Update: So, the Ford Performance Rigid light bar comes with 2 mounting brackets. One for hard tops and one for soft tops. The soft top mount is the tall bracket. I installed the hard top bracket because I liked the lower profile. But after going for a drive, I understand why Ford Performance redesign a mount just for the soft tops. The shorter mount creates some turbulence the creates a lot of soft top noise at speeds over 30 mph. It sounds like a flag flapping in the wind. So I'm going to switch to tall mount as Ford intended. :)

So I know this is an older post, but did you end up wiring as the PDF mentioned going under the weather seal? I've been sitting on doing this install for a few weeks now (I'm paranoid and don't want to create a leak on a $60,000+ vehicle LOL)

No Ragerts

Jul 22, 2022

So I know this is an older post, but did you end up wiring as the PDF mentioned going under the weather seal? I've been sitting on doing this install for a few weeks now (I'm paranoid and don't want to create a leak on a $60,000+ vehicle LOL)
I drilled through the windshield header and used clear silicone to seal the wire. So far, so good - no leaks…

35890F4E-EAFB-4B79-83E7-76BD8251FE26.jpeg
- 2023 Raptor / Shadow Black / MGV (DOB 8/30/23)
- 2023 Heritage Limited Edition / Robin’s Egg Blue / 4dr / (stolen from my dealer 11/15/23)
adcam

Rank 0

Aug 08, 2022

Im at bit confused about how to run the wiring without drilling....how do you go under the weather strip?

Attachments

Rank IV

Aug 08, 2022

Im at bit confused about how to run the wiring without drilling....how do you go under the weather strip?
I ended up going through the weatherstripping right at that V notch. Pulled the wire through and used one of the bolt holes In the channel. I didn’t want to drill under the bracket. The instructions seem to be for ‘21 before they fixed the leaking issues. Make sure you silicone where you come in, and I put some on the bolt hole I w3ent through.
Bschurr

Rank 0

Aug 08, 2022

Thank you I'll do the same!