Aftermarket rims

BroncoGrish
May 16, 2021

Rank 0

May 16, 2021

Hi all,

Bored this Sunday AM so was looking into the accessory list (already spent too much $$$) and that got me over to 4WP’s page looking at their aftermarket rims. I’m looking to change mine out within the first 6 months or so as I want an all black rim on my sasquatched badlands and don’t love the idea of getting the black beadlock ring from Ford.

Was curious if the BN readers here were planning on keeping stock rims, swap out immediately or change at some point down the line? If you’re looking to swap, do you have your eyes on a specific set of rims? Would the stock 35 inch Sasquatch tires fit bigger rims than the 17s or would you have to adjust the offset/backspacing?

Sorry if that’s a dumb question this is potentially my first time adjusting rims/tires on a rig. Thanks!
Commodore, Speed Devil
Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2021

Your unofficial Favorite Author

May 16, 2021

Same boat in a way, offsets and stuff are not my forte, so im subbing
2dr Badlands 2.3 Manual w/Mid, Rapid Red
My blog, Mfcomics.net, my stories: https://payhip.com/MFComics
BroncoGrish, Commodore

Rank V

May 16, 2021

I’m leaning toward the coloring the beadlock ring.
Badlands / 4-Door / Anit-Matter Blue / 2.7 / MGV / High Package / Sasquatch Package
Deano Bronc, Commodore

Home, home on the range

May 16, 2021

There is some info in the forum about wheels, tires, and offsets. I dont remember the names as there are several. I think one was "what wheels"
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 2dr 2.3L manual Hot Pepper Red. Reserved 8/7/20. Ordered 1/23/21. Reordered 10/08/21. Scheduled week of January 24th 2022, delivered 2/24/2022
Puddle Jumper, BroncoGrish

Mud,Sweat and Gears

May 16, 2021

Hi all,

Bored this Sunday AM so was looking into the accessory list (already spent too much $$$) and that got me over to 4WP’s page looking at their aftermarket rims. I’m looking to change mine out within the first 6 months or so as I want an all black rim on my sasquatched badlands and don’t love the idea of getting the black beadlock ring from Ford.

Was curious if the BN readers here were planning on keeping stock rims, swap out immediately or change at some point down the line? If you’re looking to swap, do you have your eyes on a specific set of rims? Would the stock 35 inch Sasquatch tires fit bigger rims than the 17s or would you have to adjust the offset/backspacing?

Sorry if that’s a dumb question this is potentially my first time adjusting rims/tires on a rig. Thanks!
The first I change on mine is the tires and wheels. BF Goodrich KOs on silver Methods

If you get Area 51paint, wheels you should look at KMC KN720 Roswells :p
Bronc96, Commodore

Road trip!!!

May 16, 2021

The first I change on mine is the tires and wheels. BF Goodrich KOs on silver Methods

If you get Area 51paint, wheels you should look at KMC KN720 Roswells :p
Do you have a pic of the wheels? Thinking I may want silver wheels with velocity blue.
2021 Badlands, 4 door, 2.7L, Auto, LUX, SAS, Tow Package, MIC, Velocity Blue.
Commodore

Rank V

May 16, 2021

Sticking with the Sasquatch wheels. I like then a lot, silver ring included.
Bronc96, Commodore

Mud,Sweat and Gears

May 16, 2021

Do you have a pic of the wheels? Thinking I may want silver wheels with velocity blue.
https://www.methodracewheels.com/collections/wheels/products/315-machined
Bronc96, SlashRacer

Rank VI

May 16, 2021

I bought the Website URL “BroncoRims.com” and am working with the manufacturers to get the proper sizes and offsets for all Broncos.

Wish me luck on making this a one stop solution!
Puddle Jumper, DRWright

Mud,Sweat and Gears

May 16, 2021

I bought the Website URL “BroncoRims.com” and am working with the manufacturers to get the proper sizes and offsets for Broncos.

Wish me luck on making this a one stop solution!
Go tell American Racing to make Ansen Sprints in a Bronco size. Those were the wheels on the Bronco Bajas of the 60s and the ones on Eastwoods Bronco in the movie The Eiger Sanction.(y)

Bronc96, Commodore

Rank VI

May 16, 2021

35's (315's) will fit wider than factory 8.5 × 17" wheels.
The manufacturer will state what widths are acceptable.

Approximate backspacing per tiresize.com

16 x 7 = 55mm offset = 6.17" Backspace (Base)
17&18 x 7.5 = 55mm = 6.42" backspace (BB, BD & OBX)
17 x 8 = 55mm offset = 6.67" backspace (Badlands)
17 x 8.5 = 30mm off = 5.93" backspace (Squatch)

Bolt pattern - 6 x 5.5 also known as 6 x 139.7
Center Bore - 93.1
Day 1 res first 3 hours, Feb 6th order; May 25th? scheduled for build, July 15th Build date, Dirt Mountain 2.5 months, delivered into my loving hands Oct. 8th
BroncoGrish