Slide-Out Tailgate

SlashRacer
Aug 15, 2020

Road trip!!!

Aug 15, 2020

Not sure if anyone else caught this or not.....

60706546-0CBF-45D5-BADB-18EDEC462CB9.png
Not sure what this means for a timeline for our builds if we want this feature.
2021 Badlands, 4 door, 2.7L, Auto, LUX, SAS, Tow Package, MIC, Velocity Blue.
SierraHotelBronco, Username
Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2020

Rank II

Aug 15, 2020

View attachment 2368

I hope they go ahead and build your Bronco and the slid-out tailgate just ships to your dealer for install when available.
TigerRN, Deano Bronc

Mud,Sweat and Gears

Aug 15, 2020

I like that red.
Username

Rank II

Aug 15, 2020

I like that red.

Me too!

20200813_132404.jpg
RavenousHokie

Rank 0

Aug 15, 2020

What I'm going to do is go over the B&p and see what isn't availiable yet and just order and instal later within reason(I work in a dealership so easy peasy)

Rank IV

Aug 15, 2020

I think I want that slide out tail gate and the swing gate table, you can never have too much flat space to work on when you need it. And judging from the pics of the swing gate table, it will be high enough to clear the tail gate.

Attachments

TXBronco, Deano Bronc

Rank V

Aug 15, 2020

Me too. And red was not on my radar until I saw this concept from Ford. This is rapid red?

Rank 0

Aug 15, 2020

Yep the ford performance catalog is going to be the bane of my paychecks for awhile;)
Deano Bronc

Rank 0

Aug 15, 2020

I think I want that slide out tail gate and the swing gate table, you can never have too much flat space to work on when you need it. And judging from the pics of the swing gate table, it will be high enough to clear the tail gate.
Boy, I would be cautious about that swing gate table. It looks cookie sheet thin.
It looks to me like it would bend or fail really easily.
The slide out gate looks like it would jam if it were to get bent. Though I admit, it looks pretty handy.

Rank IV

Aug 15, 2020

Boy, I would be cautious about that swing gate table. It looks cookie sheet thin.
It looks to me like it would bend or fail really easily.
The slide out gate looks like it would jam if it were to get bent. Though I admit, it looks pretty handy.

Completely agree, looks a little rattle-y for sure. Nothing a noise kit can't fix though. Plus the design is simple enough it could be emulated with wood or another material once the original fails.

Rank IV

Aug 15, 2020

It's an accessory so you can just add it later. it won't be installed in factory anyway, more likely at the port or dealer. The only issue with being late is that you can't finance it.
2019 Ford F-150 Raptor
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands (reserved, ordered with note for My22)
RavenousHokie, Fstfrd00

Moab or bust!!!

Aug 15, 2020

It's an accessory so you can just add it later. it won't be installed in factory anyway, more likely at the port or dealer. The only issue with being late is that you can't finance it.
Yeah, I figured I would order when available and install myself. It can't be that hard.
2022 Bronco Badlands, 4D, Hot Pepper Red, 2.7, Squatch, Lux, and MIC.
7/13/2020 10:04pm reservation. Blend 6/16/2022 Delivered 6/26/2022.
Dealership - Stephen's Auto Center.
Fstfrd00

Rank V

Aug 16, 2020

Not an accessory... It's standard on 4 door models, pretty sure.
And not available on 2 door

Moab or bust!!!

Aug 16, 2020

I don't believe it's standard. The videos were discussing accessories and thet talked about the tailgate. Plus they mention late delivery and they wouldn't ship 4 doors out if it was standard. I wish it was standard though!
2022 Bronco Badlands, 4D, Hot Pepper Red, 2.7, Squatch, Lux, and MIC.
7/13/2020 10:04pm reservation. Blend 6/16/2022 Delivered 6/26/2022.
Dealership - Stephen's Auto Center.

Rank VI

Aug 16, 2020

An accessory. Not a standard. It’s a late arrival accessory I might add.
DRWright, Deano Bronc

Road trip!!!

Aug 16, 2020

C39736B8-0290-4DEF-8FBF-F4BEEE387866.png
2021 Badlands, 4 door, 2.7L, Auto, LUX, SAS, Tow Package, MIC, Velocity Blue.

Rank VI

Aug 16, 2020

I would not stress. You can probably easily install it yourself if not available at the time you take delivery. Bronco is following Jeeps lead to be able to easily work on your vehicle. Besides doing even little things to your vehicle by yourself truly makes it fun.
Username, Deano Bronc

Rank VI

Aug 17, 2020

I love the fact that you can stand on it to access the roof to adjust things. The accessory I liked on the tailgate is the set of various gear bags. Those will be add-ons with the Molly system. It looks like a great space to store all of the loose items that may take up floor space in the back otherwise.
SaddleUpWild, Deano Bronc

Rank VI

Aug 17, 2020

View attachment 2368
WOW! GREAT catch. I am going to get this, but not if it delays my delivery. In the past, dealers have delivered and then given me a form of an IOU. Hope that is the case.
I wasn't there...
Deano Bronc, SaddleUpWild