Turn signals

4LoFun
May 26, 2020

Rank 0

May 26, 2020

I have a 1975 bronco Can my directional seem to flash really slow they have the incandescent bulbs and a new flasher but the bulbs flash really slow at a slow rate Can't figure it out replaced all the bulbs replace the flasher checked all the wiring does anyone know why the lights flash really slow and rather than a regular speed
Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2020

Rank IV

May 27, 2020

Confirm you have the correct flasher.

Then start with the battery - be sure of clean secure connections and full charge with alternator up to spec.

Then spin all the fuses.

Then check every ground wire associated with the turn signals/parking lights/flashers.

Then open up the parking and tail lights, remove each bulb, check for corrosion, good contact and be sure all bulbs are the same brand/specifications. Check the ground wires here also.

Turn everything off, flip the key to RUN, then turn on the left blinker and see what happens.
4LoFun, frinesi2

Rank 0

Jun 09, 2020

4LoFun, did you resolve your issue with the flasher?

Rank 0

Jun 09, 2020

Unfortunate to say that I have not even looked at anything..I at least have some information to start though...
The junk is still in garage since last fall.. Lol

Rank 0

Jun 10, 2020

Another reason for a slow flash is a heavy draw. One thing you might do is turn on the flashers and lights and see if anything else is flashing or appears to flash. Indicating a possible wiring issue in one or more connections.
Abefighter

Rank 0

Jun 10, 2020

I haven't been able to find the time yet... They work. Just slow. I know they should be a bit quicker.

Rank 0

Jul 07, 2020

Good replies here. I found that a combination of old connections and too much draw on the old alternator were the issue with mine. It got a little better when I cleaned everything up and tightened some connections but really improved when I finally upgraded to a high-output alternator....adding a stereo, amps, sub, lights, FI, etc. over the years had really tapped out the original alternator.

Rank 0

Jul 11, 2020

My signal lights only work when the headlights are OFF. Any suggestions?

Rank V

Jul 17, 2020

Slow flasher was fixed when I upgraded my alternator and upgraded to LED bulbs. As far as the signal lights check your headlight switch wiring sounds like it’s not wired correctly.
It’s time to live again but never forget the ones we lost!
Bronco70, Corncob

Rank VI

Aug 15, 2020

My signal lights only work when the headlights are OFF. Any suggestions?
Resistance!
You’ve got too much current draw in your Bronco. Corrosion was the problem with mine. Old wiring and poor connections always slows blinkers.
matwats

Rank 0

Aug 26, 2020

Check out my post of my original bulbs flashing and then my led bulbs from James Duff, check out my instragram post @KD6TAV
Check out my instragram #KD6TAV or my YouTube KD6TAV
Commodore

Rank V

May 06, 2021

If everything checks out look for high resistance somewhere in the electrical system could be a bad ground (corrosion build up) as well.
"The core of mans' spirit comes from new experiences."
Commodore

Rank V

May 23, 2021

If you want to fic all electrical problems check centech electrical wiring there unexpencive and fearly easy to install